7

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Mark stepped out of the elevator clad in a pair of dark jeans, white shirt and a gray blazer.

“Good morning, sir.” Jaekyung greeted as he passed by, Mark nodded and went straight to his office. She sighed before getting him coffee.

“This morning, one of our investors called,” Jaekyung started as she stepped in, Mark had taken off his blazer and was standing by the windows, with his arms crossed, Jaekyung paused studying his back briefly before shaking herself.

“They asked if you had time to talk, sir.” She said as she put the coffee down.

Mark finally faced her.

“Tomorrow. Tell them tomorrow.” He said in finality.

“Yes, and you have the monthly board meeting today, sir.”

Mark nodded as he sat down and took the cup, and then he paused. His thoughts went back to Saehee barging in his office, with two cups of coffee in hand. His lips quirked up slightly, surprising Jaekyung who standing before him.

“Jaekyung?”

She looked up.

“Any more calls?”

“Ah, yes, a certain miss Wang, called sir.” She recalled.

“Lauren, you can give her my number when she calls again. Then that would be all.” Mark nodded at her, Jaekyung stepped out of the room, her heart hammering loudly.

Why am I like this?

She shook her head in frustration before walking to her desk.

 

 

It was Saehee’s third week in Japan, so far everything was going well. She glanced up as Changmin entered her office.

“Good to see you, kid.” He mused.

“Are we going out shopping?” She asked dryly as she stood up to greet him with a  hug.

“I did say I would take you around, has someone already did?”

“Kimsan’s president offered, but I cancelled because I had a meeting that day.”

“Kimsan Group?” Changmin blinked as they stepped out of the office.

“Yes, you know them, oppa?”

“I do, Kim Himchan, he’s a…player.”

“What?” Saehee chuckled.

“Just be careful, I heard stuff about him, but I know you. You wont be swayed.”

Saehee just rolled her eyes at him.

 

Saehee arrived at the site, she felt someone standing next to her.

“Oh, you’ve arrived.” She said, Himchan smiled at her.

“You shouldn’t be standing under so much heat.” He said to her.

“It’s okay, then this is place, have you seen the blueprints?” Saehee asked as she waved her secretary over.

“Yes, I have. And~” Himchan halted as he noticed some men eyeing Saehee in a not so nice manner. He took off his sunglasses and looked back at them.

“If we could discuss this inside the car, miss Jung?” He smiled at her, Saehee blinked at him.

“It’s too warm here, and I’m wearing a three piece suit, so please?” He asked, his eyes darting to the men then back to Saehee.

 

Namjoo was driving, while Jaekyung was on the front seat. Behind them, Mark’s car was following them.

“He seems different, sunbae.”

Mark had refused to ride with them earlier, saying that he could just follow them to the location.

“He doesn’t like being bothered and has his own schedule.” Namjoo nodded.

Jaekyung nodded.

“But are you still nervous around him?” He teased.

“Sunbae~” Jaekyung winced.

“But his picture on his desk..”

“Ah, that? The other male is his cousin, Jackson Wang, it was his daughter he called earlier this week, Lauren.”

Jaekyung nodded.

“Then the other girl, I’m not so sure, I think she’s the vice president’s good friend or Lauren’s mother? I’m not so sure.”

Jaekyung nodded.

“Is he married?” She asked. Namjoo chuckled.

 

 

“He isn’t, our boss isn’t exactly the approachable type even back in Korea. I don’t even know if he’s seeing somebody.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++