46

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Saehee yawned and pulled down the shade, Mark glanced up, he was reading the newspaper.

“Oh, you were~”

“It’s fine, sleepy?” He asked as he switched on the lamp, she nodded. They have been on the plane for over six hours already.

“Why can’t this thing go faster.”She grumbled before pulling on the in-flight blanket. Mark chuckled.

This is coming from Jung Saehee, CEO.

She made a face before yawning again, Mark pulled up the seat divider and opened his arms to her.

“But you were reading.”

“Just come, Sae.” He said, she smiled and leaned on him.

Did you like the GTR?

I’m surprised you got the white one.” Mark mused.

You always choose black, Tuan. It’s time for a change, white is y.” She nodded, Mark smiled.

Thank you, Sae.

She just nodded before closing her eyes. Mark smiled and kissed her cheek before picking up one of the magazines.

 

Finally.” Saehee said as they stepped out of the arrivals area, she was now clad in a pair of denim cutoffs and a loose tank top, on her arm hung her Givenchy Antigona purse.

Oh, your parents came.” Mark said, she looked up and grinned.

“Eomma, appa.” She greeted before hugging her parents.

Finally, you two decide to visit, how was the flight?” Mrs. Jung asked.

Saehee just slept and ate. And slept again.” Mark chuckled, Saehee glared at him. Mr. Jung chuckled and pulled the two along.

“Come now, you two need sleep. Mark are you’re parents home?

“Yes, they are.” Mark nodded.

Saehee and Mark sat on the backseat of Audi SUV.

“I feel like its middle school all over again, remember? Your mom used to drive us to school every morning.

But before that I have to wake you up, or else both of us will be tardy.” Mark added dryly, Saehee chuckled.

“But it was fun.” She mused.

“That you two were always tardy?” Mr. Jung asked, Mark grinned at Saehee.

“Appa, how could you not side with me here?” Saehee sighed.

If it weren’t for Mark, Sae, I think you’d have demerits due to your attendance.

Mark nodded and smiled at him.

But if it weren’t for me, he’d have no friends!

Mark was in the basketball team, Sae. He has friends.

Saehee just closed and crossed her arms, Mark grinned and nudged her shoulder.

She rolled down the windows and felt the breeze caress her face.

It’s good to be home, though.” Mark nodded to her.

I know.

 

The car halted, Saehee was smiling as she slid down from the car. It has been so long since she was back. The neighborhood looked the same, she looked at their house and glanced across.

Mark’s parents had just stepped out and were waving at them. She chuckled and waved back.

How long has it been?” Mark mused before handing her purse to her.

Let’s go for a walk later.” Saehee mused.

Later?” Mark blinked.

“I need sleep, Tuan. We both do.” She deadpanned.

Then, I’ll see you later.” Saehee chuckled before planting a chaste kiss on his cheek. They heard the elders chuckle before Saehee hopped to the front door.

“Why is she so hyper?” Mark mumbled to himself before putting the bags down. Then Saehee paused by the door, she glanced at the Tuans’ home, she smiled.

“We’re neighbors, even here.” She chuckled. Mark looked at her dryly. She just realized how entwined their lives were with each other.

She looked at Mark.

Gee, I didn’t notice.” Mark called over to her, his eyes were playfully rolling at her.

 

Saehee just smiled again before entering the house.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++