45

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Where are we going?” Saehee blinked, she had just finished breakfast when Mark had stormed in the house and badgered to dress up early and head out.

Out.” Mark replied.

Gee, I didn’t know that,” She deadpanned as they walked towards Mark’s car.

Just..out.” Mark replied again before opening the door for her.

Saehee just sighed and got in the car.

Are you kidnapping me?” She murmured.

Why would I kidnap a CEO in broad daylight?” Mark chuckled before gesturing her to wear her seatbelt.

That makes sense..I guess.” Saehee murmured as Mark started the car.

 

“You wanted to go…mall hopping?” Saehee trailed off in confusion as Mark parked at the basement of Hyundai Department Store.

Mark smiled cheekily before getting down from the car, Saehee followed him, she took out her phone as they walked.

Right, I have something for you.” Saehee said as she took out a small box from her bag.

“What is~”

Don’t open it yet!” Saehee almost screamed, Mark chuckled and eyed her warily.

Just…later, open it later.” She beamed, Mark nodded and put the box in his pocket.

 

“Hmm, are we shifting to couple bracelets or something? I did like the watches though.” Saehee commented as she studied the iconic blue color of Tiffany and Co., Mark glanced at her wrist and smiled at her.

I..ordered something for Lauren.” Mark reasoned as they walked in.

Saehee nodded and wandered around as they walked in, Mark walked to the counter and spoke with one of the SAs.

“Yes, it has arrived, just yesterday.”

Mark nodded as the lady placed a small blue box on the table.

“Would you like me to wrap it, sir?”

Mark glanced at Saehee briefly.

“No, I’ll..keep this one, do you have anything for children?” Mark said as he quickly kept the box in his coat pocket.

 

Saehee yawned slightly as she eyed some of the pieces.

“Saehee-yah?” Mark called her over; she glanced at him before walking.

What do you think matches Lauren? That?

Saehee looked at the display, her lips pursed. Mark grinned.

Just get her a necklace, I saw one over there. The one with the blue enamel and a heart.” She nodded.

“We’ll take that,” Mark said to the SA, she nodded and left to get the item.

“I just want to eat.” Saehee muttered under breath. Mark chuckled and rubbed her back before taking out his wallet.

“Okay, then let’s go.”

 

Yunho was smiling in victory and gave his cousin and I-told-you-so-you-should-have-listened-to-this-oppa look as they discussed about the project at home in his office.

“I’m officially handing it all to you, oppa.” She made a face as she sat down.

“Daebak, Mark must have gotten really angry for you to do this.” Yunho chuckled.

“Heh.” Saehee said dryly, Yunho smiled.

“It was never going to work anyway, baby girl. Don’t be too upset over this.” Yunho patted her knee.

“But, do you plan to leave the country?”

“Yeah, next week. Will that be okay?”

“Sure, you need to rest anyway.” Yunho smiled at her.

“You’re not going to miss me?” She pouted slightly.

“Just go.” Yunho shuddered playfully. Saehee chuckled.

 

Mark parked his Audi next to the Range Rover, he blinked as he found Jackson’s car nowhere to be found.

He shrugged as he made his way towards the front door then he halted.

He turned and found a new addition to their lot.

2014_nissan_gtr_10.jpg

He paused and walked towards the vehicle and noticed a post-it stuck on the hood.

I know you already have one, but this a new model. I wanted to get you something like..a Ferrari or whatever, but it’s just too…..cliché. Anyway, thank you for being you, Tuan. I love you. 

His brows furrowed as he remembered the box Saehee handed him earlier, he took it out from his pocket and opened it. He found a key nestled inside.

He laughed before shaking his head.

 

And this isn’t a cliché?” He mused before getting inside the car.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++