41

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

“Really? Then you finished studying in New Zealand?”

“Yeah, I remember you mentioning about attending college here.” Namjoon said, Saehe nodded as she sliced her pizza.

“Then….Saehee-yah,”

Saehee looked up. Namjoon bit his lip.

Before…why..did we~

Saehee’s phone suddenly started to ring. She blinked.

“Mark?” Namjoon asked, his tone a little cold.

“No, it’s Jackson.” Saehee replied before picking up.

Ya! WHERE ARE YOU?!

Saehee winced.

“I’m out, why~”

“Come home now! I mean, TEH office, now!”

“Is something~”

Jackson ended the call, Saehee sighed and put her phone down.

Is something wrong?” Namjoon asked.

I’m not sure myself, but I need to go, Nam. Sorry.” She said.

It’s fine, I can drive~

“Don’t, just eat, I’ll see you tomorrow at the meeting.” Saehee smiled before standing up, then she left.

Why did we break up like that?

 

 

Mark closed the laptop, Lauren slid down from his chair and walked towards Jackson.

They dug up her past..I mean, their past.” Jackso murmured.

There was an article on the Internet about KimSan’s CEO and Saehee being past lovers. They managed to get their hands on some photos of the two, and now they were speculating that Saehee and Namjoon were trying to rekindle their past as they were seen eating out at a pizza place in Cheongdamdong.

The doors opened and Saehee came rushing in.

“What hap~ Leens!” She grinned at the girl. Lina smiled and hugged her.

You’re here!” Saehee smiled before letting go.

“Are you here~”

You said you had a meeting.” Mark said, his tone light but his eyes were questioning. Lauren’s brows furrowed.

“I…I should make reservations for dinner, see you guys later.” Jackson gave the two a wave; he grabbed Lina by the waist and called Lauren. The three left the office.

Supposed to be I was, but~

You ended up at a pizza place.” Mark finished, Saehee paused, her brows meeting.

Mark~

Mark took out his phone and tossed it across the table, Saehee looked at the screen, then she shook her head.

The meeting got cancelled, and…we met when I was calling for a cab~

Why would you ride a cab? Couldn’t you just call me to pick you up? Or Jackson?

You’re at work.” Saehee reasoned. Mark exhaled, he looked away from her and stood up.

How many time have I left work for you?” He asked quietly, Saehee bit her lip.

If you’re bothered about the article, I’ll call the company then Namjoon~

I am not bothered about that, Saehee.

Then what? Do you want me to just answer your questions the whole day? It’s not like I sent those pictures to them.” Saehee replied.

You’re meeting got cancelled, you should have just~

What? Should have just left the place and reject a friend who just wanted to talk?

Mark looked away.

I’m going home, tell Jackson I can’t make it.” Saehee said before leaving the office.

Mark groaned and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

 

Saehee entered her room and found Typhoon sprawled on the couch. She chuckled before taking off her heels and walking to the bathroom to shower.

Her brows furrowed as the water hit her back.

What was wrong?

Something must be bothering him.

Mark was usually calm.

She bit her lip before putting shampoo on her hair.

 

 

Dinner was silent, Lina tried to bring Mark to talk, but she failed. Even Lauren felt uncomfortable.

“Hyung~”

“Don’t talk, just eat.”

Jackson frowned.

“The problem with Saehee is that…she’s a very cool woman. She’s fine with meeting Namjoon despite of their past because she’s sure that he’s nothing but a friend to her now.” Lina said in finality.

 

Saehee was dressed in a pair of grey terry shorts and a white tank top as she stepped out of the bathroom. She looked around, Typhoon was gone. She shook her head in amusement.

“I’m sorry, Sae.”

She jumped slightly, Mark was standing behind her.

Tuan,” She blinked.

“I’m sorry for…being a douche earlier.” Mark said evenly, Saehee sighed.

What’s bothering you Tuan? We just talked earlier, discussed about little things and those…old photos…I don’t know how they found out.” Saehee said.

I know.” Mark said before gently pushing her against the wall.

“Namjoon…he’s just…a friend.” Saehee said carefully, Mark managed a small smile before kissing her cheek.

 

“And he has to remember that you’re mine.” Mark murmured before pressing his lips against hers.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++