37

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

“She’s ranting again,” Yunho mused, Mark chuckled as they ate. Jackson, Lauren and Mark were at the Jungs, having dinner.

“I just realized this oppa, moving to Japan was useless. They moved the project here!”

Lauren grinned at her mommy as she bit on her pizza.

“But you got to experience~”

“I was there last year.” She deadpanned, Mark just patted her lap. Saehee closed and continued with her meal.

“Look at it this way, Sae, you met new friends there. Himchan hyung’s definitely a good addition to your “I only have guy friends” connections.” Jackson nodded.

“I don’t~” Saehee shook her head.

“But, eomma, that guy earlier,” Lauren spoke up, just like her father and uncle when she talked, everyone would usually listen.

“What guy?” Yunho echoed.

“Namjoon…ahjussi.” Lauren trailed off, Jackson blinked he looked at Mark.

“Did you know him too? Since he knew~”

“We all knew each other when we were in high school.” Jackson nodded quickly.

“He seems nice, are you working with him, eomma?”

“Yes, I am. He is nice.” Saehee smiled. Mark paused but he continued eating.

 

 

You are being quiet, that scares me.” Saehee mused, she was walking with Mark around the neighborhood. Mark glanced at her sideways and just took her hand.

Just thinking…

Saehee nodded, she was looking ahead.

How…Why…How did it end between you and Namjoon?

Saehee paused, she looked at Mark curiously, but his expression remained flat.

“Honestly..I don’t know. I guess…we never really ended things clearly, we..just broke up.” Her shrug was non-chalant, Mark nodded.

Why are you bringing it up?

“Ani, I…was just curious.”

“Really?” Saehee mused; Mark nodded again and wrapped one arm around her instead.

So, how’s the Taiwan issue going on? Are they still talking about you?

“I think it already stopped, it doesn’t really matter to me…does it still bother you?” Mark asked, his brows furrowing. Saehee almost smiled, but she just leaned her head against his shoulder.

No..not anymore.

 

Namjoon looked up as Saehee entered the room.

“Oh, I see the CEO is personally waiting in my office.” She mused, Namjoon nodded. He watched as Saehee put her purse down and sat across him.

“What is it, Nam?”

He almost winced, she used to call him that back then.

“I’m going to Gapyeong today…for the project. I was wondering…if…you wanted to come.”

“That sounds great.” She nodded, Namjoon’s thoughts went back to Mark kissing her the other day. He was sure now, they weren’t just friends.

His brows furrowed briefly.

Mark.

Mark was the reason why~

I’ll come. What time are you leaving?

We can leave now, are you ready?” Namjoon asked, Saehee nodded and stood up. Then, together they left the room.

 

Namjoon started the car, Saehee was sitting beside him. Their secretaries were both in a different car.

“Where do you plan to go to college?”

“I don’t know, father wants me to go to Harvard. But… it can be difficult.” Namjoon sighed, Saehee grinned at him, her hair was tied in a high ponytail.

“You?”

“Well, I’ve been thinking about coming back to Korea, since they want me there. I don’t know too.”

He grinned before taking her hand as he drove.

Namjoon looked away from her and drove.

“Now tell me, how is it that you didn’t change at all? You still don’t talk.” She mused.

I talk.” Namjoon murmured.

You’re just like Mark, he doesn’t talk unless you force him to.” She chuckled.

Namjoon just shrugged at her, his fingers curling around the wheel tightly.

 

 

Sae?

I’m leaving for Gapyeong now, for the project.

Mark was in his office reviewing some documents.

Really? Are you driving yourself?

No, I am actually going with Namjoon and my secretary.

Mark paused briefly; he glanced at his watch to check the time. He bit his lip.

Then, I’ll see you later? Jackson says that we’re having movie night.

Yeah…sure, take care.

I love you, Tuan.

Mark nodded, his brows furrowed then he put his phone down. He wanted to ask why she was going with him, and he wanted to say no, that she shouldn’t come. But he knew that it would bother Saehee as well if he did.

 

He sighed before leaning against his seat.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++