32

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Saehee had joined them at the conference room, Mark was studying the article. There were photos of him released, one set was about when he drove Jaekyung to the hospital, the two of them talking outside the company and the last one was him driving her to the office.

Saehee had remained quiet, her legs crossed as she sat.

“Isn’t this easy to deal with? We can just erase this.” Jackson commented.

“I don’t think so, it’s spreading in Taiwan too.” Changmin nodded.

“I guess we’re not coming home.” Saehee smiled, Mark eyed her warily.

“You do know that you have to go back to Taiwan to fix this, right?” Saehee blinked, Jackon tensed in his seat, then Jaekyung entered the room, looking surprisingly calm.

“Sir~”

Saehee turned her chair, not looking at the girl.

“The office called, it’s about~”

“Call Namjoo, tell him we’ll talk about this. Ask someone to pick up Lauren.” Mark said as he stood up and walked to the windows.

“Yes, I understand.” Jaekyung bit her lip.

“And I would prefer it if Namjoo took my calls and reminders.” Mark finished before waving her off.

Changmin and Jackson just grinned at each other as the girl left.

 

 

“I don’t understand.” Jackson said as he followed Saehee to the front door, Mark and Lauren were both behind them.

“What?

“Why would they talk about that. Nothing really happened.”

“Because your cousin doesn’t socialize a lot, they think it’s odd to see him out and about.”

The two chuckled, Mark just rolled his eyes at them.

“Jackson, I want to go swimming.” Lauren said as they entered the house. Saehee grinned before heading up the stairs.

“You have guilt written all over you face, Tuan.” Saehee said as Mark closed the door.

I just want to go home.” He sighed before burying his face on her hair.

I missed you.” He murmured. Saehee chuckled.

We still have plans for LA, yet you miss Korea so much.” She mused before patting his head.

“But, Tuan,” She said as she pulled away. Mark made a face at her before collapsing on the bed. Saehee took off her shoes and coat.

“I was actually planning to go home next week. The project is already running smoothly. And, KimSan said we could talk even though I’m away.”

“So now you go home and I go back to Taiwan?” Mark deadpanned, Saehee smiled before sitting on the bed across him.

“I can offer to come with you, but you’re the clingy one. So, no.”  She chuckled as she opened a bag of chips and starter munching. Mark made a face at her before sitting up.

Actually mom and dad called earlier. They’re kind…of…

Amazed that you got in a sort of-scandal?

Mark put the chips away, Saehee sighed.

No, not really.” Mark beamed at her as he lay on her lap instead.

Then what?

“Actually, they were checking on you. They wanted to know if you were okay.”

 Saehee chuckled and just kissed his forehead.

“Can we eat dinner out?”

“I’ll tell~”

Just us two, Japanese street food sounds nice.” Mark nodded.

“But, Sae, wait.”

Saehee was about to get up, but Mark pulled her back again.

It doesn’t bother you..right?

What? Coming home? Or not coming home?” She mused, Mark shook his head, he sat up.

The article.

Saehee smiled, Mark Tuan and his out of the blue questions.

It doesn’t, thanks for asking, Tuan.” She replied before getting up.

Hey! No shorts!” He hollered before she entered the bathroom to change.

Saehee just chuckled.

 

“Not eating here?” Jackson asked as they headed down.

“You made dumplings?” Saehee perked up.

“No.” Mark managed to pull her back before she could react the kitchen. Jackson chuckled.

“Right, hyung, I~”

Then they heard Lauren laughing.

“Mommy, daddy, look!”

Mark and Saehee blinked as they heard distinctive barking of a dog.

 “You have a dog here?” Mark asked as Jackson and Saehee followed him to the pool outside.

No.” Saehee blinked, then they arrived at the garden.

Lauren was laughing hysterically while sitting on a lounge chair. While a black adult Doberman was barking at Jaekyung, she was standing dangerously near at the pool’s edge, the girl looked pale and scared.

She is your daughter after all.” Mark mumbled.

“This is Shim Changmin’s dog.” Saehee murmured before walking over to the dog.

“Makdoong-ah?” She called, the dog stopped and turned to Saehee, then the dog barked and at her heels.

Lauren paused, sensing her father and uncle’s questioning eyes on her.

“Are you okay?” Jackson asked Jaekyung as she stepped away from the pool.

“Yes, thanks for asking, sir.” She said before walking back to the house.

Saehee checked her phone and read Changmin’s text.

Left Makdoong at your house earlier, he’ll stay over the weekend. Thank you, Sae. – Shim Changmin

She shook her head and looked for the dog’s leash.

But she grinned to herself before tying Makdoong near his cage. Mark was eyeing Lauren as Jackson ushered her to the house.

“Why are you smiling?” Mark asked as they walked towards the car. Saehee just bit her lip to stop her laughter and kissed his cheek.

“Nothing.”

“Have you decided?”

“On what?” Saehee asked as she got in the driver’s seat, Mark pursed his lips as he strapped his seatbelt on.

“Going home or going with me.” He sighed.

“But I miss Typhoon.” She wondered aloud.

“Hey!”

“Should I just come and bring Makdoong to your office instead?”

“Now I know why you’re smiling, jealous duck.” Mark grinned before leaning over to strap on the Cartier watch on her wrist.

 

“But, Changmin hyung has great timing, I guess.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++