31

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

“Do I have to spell everything out for you?” Jackson half whined. They were inside one of the conference rooms in Saehee’s office.

Changmin was watching as the younger male talked with his cousin.

“Spell what?”

Changmin snorted.

“Jung Saehee.” A photo of Saehee appeared on the white screen, Mark blinked.

“A total career woman, dragon lady and one of the most desirable females around.”

Changmin nodded while stopping himself from chuckling.

“She has everything, she does best doing her job, people respect her and she can support herself.” Jackson rubbed his palms together.

“We all know that.” Mark murmured.

“No, you don’t.” Jackson snapped back at him, Changmin sighed.

“Saehee, she’s used to having things in a straightforward manner. Everything’s organized and clear. Very Jung Saehee.”

“Jackson~”

“You..YOU ARE HER BEST FRIEND.” Jackson eyed him warily.

“You are supposed to know that, hyung. When she says she hates your secretry, Lee Jaekyung, she really hates her. She’s not keeping anything, okay?”

“She hates her.” Changmin voiced.

“But Saehee~”

“We know, she’s very professional, but you forget that she can get jealous too.” Jackson snapped again, Mark leaned against his seat.

“Of Jaekyung?” Mark almost scoffed, Changmin and Jackson almost smiled, it was another proof that Jaekyung was nothing to Mark.

“Yeah, hyung, she has…feelings for you, this Jaekyung girl.” Jackson said.

“Ya~”

“And Saehee was the first one to find out. That’s why she’s not been acting herself. She’s frustrated. She…We know her, Saehee has a way of dealing with things, and she doesn’t exactly like being~”

“Sir, it’s time for the conference.” Jaekyung had stepped in the room.

Jackson and Changmin paused, the older male eyed the girl warily. Mark’s forehead creased.

“Cancel that schedule.”

“But sir~”

“I have to settle things with Saehee.” Mark stood up from his seat.

“Sir, the car~”

“I said cancel it. Do your job.”

 

“Do you think he’ll bring Jaekyung to Seoul too?” Jackson asked.

“Do you want Saehee to turn into a real dragon now?” Changmin countered, Jackson paused.

“But, she almost destroyed~”

Namjoo stepped in the room.

“Sir,”

Jackson turned to the male secretary as he handed him a newspaper, Changmin read the headline and cursed. Jackson groaned as he looked at the pictures.

 

 

 

“Tuan.” Saehee jumped as Mark entered the room, surprising Himchan and two KimSan directors with him.

“We’re in a meeting.” Saehee said. Himchan smiled.

“I need to talk to you. Now.” There was something in his tone that bothered Saehee and scared her at the same time.

“You know what, we can always reschedule, Sae. See you.” Himchan grinned at her, then along with his two colleagues, they left.

Saehee sighed, she stood up from desk and walked to the windows.

I just had a debriefing about my best friend earlier. I had to study your file.” Mark murmured, Saehee glanced at him.

I’m busy~

“That’s a classic line, you used to use that as an alibi before, with Myungsoo.”

Saehee sighed and faced him.

“Mark, please not~”

Mark strode to her and gently took her hands in his.

I’m sorry,

I—I’m sorry I didn’t realize how you were feeling. I honestly didn’t know Sae, I was always so sure that….I have you and…you have me. I…I should have listened when you were trying to talk, but…I may not say it, but I do love you..A lot. And it that…this has to happen.” Mark frowned at the end, but he just kissed her hands.

Saehee sighed and she just wrapped her arms around his neck, Mark smiled in relief and just hugged her back.

I love you too, Tuan. And I’m sorry for being such a…. lately. I~

“I know.” Mark murmured before kissing her neck.

But, this doesn’t change anything.” Mark pulled back lightly.

“About what?”

 

You can deal with KimSan while we’re in Seoul. We’re flying home tonight.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++