26

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

Jackson bit his lip, Mark sighed before heading out of the house. Namjoo and Jaekyung were about to head up again when Saehee appeared by the staircase again, clad in a pair of shorts and a black hoodie.

“Where are you going?” Jackson asked her as she put her phone in her pocket.

“Out.” Saehee said before heading ot the front door, then moments later they heard the BMW’s machine revved up and drive out of the house.

 

The Jungs’ household help had prepared dinner, Lauren was in the living room, seated with Namjoo, Jaekyung and Jackson.

Where’s eomma?” She voiced, Jaekyung looked up.

“I don’t know, Laur, but why don’t you call daddy and tell him it’s time to eat?” Jackson smiled.

“Uhm, excuse me,” Jaekyung spoke, Lauren looked at her warily.

“I…actually answered when she called at the office back then, isn’t she your daughter, sir?”

Jackson was about to speak when Lauren opened .

“What is that to you? Mark Tuan’s my dad and Jung Saehee’s my mommy. You’re not even part of the family and yet you keep asking questions.” Lauren said before rushing out of the room. Jackson sighed.

“I’m sorry, she can be a little difficult.”

 

Mark was in Saehee’s room, he was sitting in the desk, fiddling with his phone. He was confused, did Saehee try to tell him what was happening?

He had no idea of what she did when she was in Japan, maybe he was used to thinking that the only thing she would probably do in the country was work. His fingers curled around his phone.

“Hyung?” The door creaked open, Jackson walked in.

You noticed it too?

Mark looked at him in confusion.

“Saehee..she’s become..short tempered. We all know how she is, Saehee’s strong and…warm hearted. But….she doesn’t budge easily..but now..she seems…irritable, which is a rare thing for her.” Jackson said.

“What do you mean?” Mark asked.

“Talk to her, hyung. I think..she just needs you to talk to her.”

“About Himchan~”

“Don’t bring Himchan into this, hyung, like I told to you, they’re just friends, he doesn’t see her that way.” Jackson shook his head.

 

“Hello, sweetheart.” Changmin said as the younger girl walked in his living room.

“Oppa, I need to talk.”

“About what?” Changmin sat across her, a worried look appeared on Saehee’s face.

“I…got angry and left the house.”

“Uhm, I can see that. But why? I thought Jackson and Mark were in town,”

Saehee sighed.

“It’s frustrating….I…hate her.” She spat. Changmin blinked.

“Who?”

“Mark’s secretary.”

“Heol. This is coming from one of the most professional people I know.”

“You don’t get it, oppa. I…I….”

“How about you go home and talk to Mark about this? I know it can be uncomfortable but,”

“Oppa, if I tell him this…he..It wouldn’t be like me.” She whispered.

“Yes, it wouldn’t be like you, but you have to tell him. He has to know, Sae.”

 

Dinner was quiet, but Jaekyung felt comfortable. She did feel awkward that they were living in the Jung house but~

The front door opened again.

Now this person eats on my table.” Saehee had hissed to herself.

“Sae,” Mark stood up from the table.

“I don’t want to talk, Tuan.” She said without looking at him, she had tossed her bag on the couch.

“Butler Ko? I don’t feel like eating, can you send some tea in my room? Thank you.” Saehee called out before heading up her room.

Saehee walked in her room, she leaned against the door briefly.

It was all new to her, she never felt so many emotions at the same time. Her dragon lady side was telling her to keep her cool and keep it all in. It would be embarrassing to admit that she was jealous over his secretary. Somehow, she never felt this way before.

She heard the door open.

“You can place it on my desk.” She said without turning back. She heard the soft clank of the cup and saucer, then she walked to her room’s veranda.

She gasped when she felt a pair of arms wrap on her waist from behind.

“What’s going on?”

Her eyes widened, but she chose to remain quiet.

Is this about~

No.” She cut him off, she heard Mark sigh then he spun her around, he pressed Saehee against the railings, with his arms still firmly around her. Saehee wouldn’t meet his eyes, he smiled.

Sae, you can tell me anything.

“I know.” She answered.

I know I asked wrongly, I should have called you back.

“I’m sorry.” Mark whispered before kissing her firmly. Saehee’s brows furrowed but she just kissed him back.

But you still didn’t treat us to ice cream yet.” Mark murmured.

 

Get out, Tuan.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++