24

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

“I know, don’t give me that look,” Saehee mused as Mark’s lips pursed. They were already on the lobby, Jackson and Lauren were walking ahead of them.

You said you would come with us.” Mark grumbled again.

Mark, it’s a conference, just a conference. You’re not required to talk to everybody.” Saehee grinned, Mark just wrapped one arm around her waist, he glanced around.

Jackson noticed his cousin’s behavior and grinned to himself.

Himchan already left, hyung.

“I will go there Mark, just no together. I have a few things to do.” Saehee said, she glanced behind them, Jaekyung and Namjoo were following.

“I know you’ve always had a weird allergy when it comes to conferences, but you have to go. Don’t worry, I’ll be there in a few.” She kissed Mark’s cheek before squirming away from his grip.

“Clingy Tuan, really. I thought we were already past this.” She laughed, Mark just stuck his tongue out at her before walking towards the exit. Saehee gave Jackson and Lauren a wave. Saehee felt Jaekyung’s eyes land on her, she just shrugged before walking back to the elevator.

 

Mark entered the hall with his cousin and niece, behind them Namjoo and Jaekyung were looking around.

I should have gone with mommy instead.” Lauren murmured as Jackson put her down, she held on to Mark’s hand.

“Sir, one of our partners is here. He is~” Jaekyung started.

“Why is it “our partners?” Do you own Tuan Motors?” Lauren looked up, her eyes wide. Jackson blinked at his child, Mark paused. Jaekyung closed and looked at Lauren.

“Lauren,” Mark sighed.

“No, its just confusing.” Lauren shrugged, she flashed Mark a sheepish smile.

“She’s getting the Jung Saehee personality too.” Jackson mused quietly.

 

Saehee arrived, she had changed into a black pencil dress and pointed stilettos heels. As soon as she entered, even the people who didn’t know her turned and just greeted her.

“Miss Jung, it’s a pleasure to see you here, has your Jung Corporation finally decided to invest in the motor market?”

“No, I’m here for a friend.” She replied politely as she walked.

Jaekyung looked up as she noticed how some people started to murmur, then there she was. Jung Saehee chatting pleasantly with some people, she was nodding along as some middle-aged men asked her questions.

Jaekyung felt her chest tighten; she had no idea how to talk to her right now. She wasn’t sure if Saehee was still mad at her.

She had to admit, Saehee was an intimidating figure, she wasn’t used to this image of Saehee, when she visited Taiwan, she was always clad in casual clothes, but now, people even greeted her despite not knowing who she was.

“Finally,” She heard Mark grumble under his breath, Jaekyung felt Mark walked past her and approached Saehee.

Her fists curled as she watched Saehee smiled when Mark had walked up to her.

It wasn’t fair at all.

 

I don’t like her.” Lauren spat again. Jackson grinned.

Why is that, my precious daughter?

I just don’t, do I need a reason?

Jackson chuckled before taking her hand.

 

Saehee wrapped her arm around Mark’s.

“Did you talk to the people you were supposed to?” She mused, Mark didn’t reply but her just yawned slightly.

“Sleepy?” She chuckled, Mark just glanced at her and kissed her cheek.

Tuan,” She made a face, Mark laughed and just squeezed her to him.

“But, something with Lauren? She seems…snappy.” Saehee commented.

“I don’t know, do you even know how many times she snapped at Jaekyung when she arrived?” Mark chukled.

”Really?” Saehee turned her head subtly, she found Jaekyung looking at them, the other girl immediately looked away. Saehee’s brows met briefly.

What is it?” Mark asked.

“Ani, it’s nothing.”

“Miss Jung Saehee, right?” A girl had walked up to them, Mark halted. He discreetly stepped back from Saehee.

Yes, you are?” Then Saehee paused.

Kim Himchan!

“I’m Eisai Ayumi, Himchan’s fiancé.”

Mark looked up and blinked.

Why was Himchan’s fiancé speaking with Saehee?

“Yes, hi.” He heard Saehee hesitate, he looked up.

“I don’t know what you two are playing,” Ayumi started. Saehee looked away, her brows furrowing. Mark was about to reach for her, but then Ayumi spoke again.

 

Please, don’t be a home wrecker, he’s my fiancé now.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++