23

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Lauren ran to Saehee.

Mommy!

Saehee had halted, Himchan followed her gaze and watched as the young girl jumped to Saehee’s arms.

You’re here. I missed you, Laur.” Saehee kissed her cheek before standing up again. Saehee looked up, Mark was walking to her.

“I..I’ll go ahead, see you there, Saehee.” Himchan grinned before leaving.

“Tuan,” Saehee grinned, Mark nodded before squeezing her waist briefly.

How was your flight?” She asked, she saw Jaekyung behind them, looking anywhere but at them. Saehee smiled before kissing his cheek, then she pulled away.

“It was fine, I have the conference later.” Mark said, his eyes were on Himchan as the other male walked to the elevator.

Jackson grinned.

Mommy, can you take us out to ice cream?” Lauren asked, Jaekyung and Namjoo looked at the young girl.

“You can treat me, daddy and Jackson.”

Mommy?  Daddy?

Wasn’t Lauren a Wang?

 

Who was that?” Mark asked as they went up the top floor.

“Kim Himchan.” She replied, Jackson had taken Lauren to the nearby café, while Namjoo and Jaekyung were behind them. Saehee felt Mark’s arm around her waist.

“I thought he was supposed to be….older.”

Saehee chuckled, Mark just made a face at her.

I missed you, Tuan. I’m sorry I snapped and called you your full name on the phone.” She stopped in front of him, Mark just smiled.

Saehee wrapped her arms around his neck, she laced her fingers together before kissing him straight on the lips.

We’re not in LA, we’re most likely going to get stared at,” Mark mused, their lips still touching.

“But I’m the boss, they wont complain.” She mused before pulling away, she saw Jaekyung studying the floor. Saehee smiled to herself before guiding Mark to her office.

 

Jaekyung sat across Namjoo.

“Did you see? It’s my first time seeing such a cool woman.”

Jaekyung could only nod.

“But that man earlier…I saw how vice president’s expression changed when he saw him.” Namjoo mused.

“He must be the overprotective type.”

“Sunbae, can you please stop talking about her?” Jaekyung snapped.

 

Jackson and Lauren had joined Mark in Saehee’s office, they were waiting for her.

But, who was that?” Mark asked.

“Himchan hyung? Sae’s friend, he’s cool.” Jackson said carefully, Lauren was playing with Mark’s phone while sitting down.

“He actually gets along with Saehee, but hyung don’t worry, he’s~”

“Oh come on, Saehee!”

Jackson winced; Saehee entered her office, with Himchan trailing behind her.

“I cant, I have guests.” She mused, Himchan paused and looked around. Mark was still seated on the couch, looking back at him.

“It’s just lunch.” Himcahn finished, Saehee smiled and patted his shoulder.

“Just leave, Kim Himchan. I’ll try to call you if I can.”

“Heol, Jung Saehee, Heol!” Himchan said before leaving. Jackson glanced at his cousin, feeling a little tension from him.

“I’ll have the driver get the car around, see you two then.” Jackson ushered Lauren to follow him, then they left.

Saehee watched in confusion as father and daughter left, Mark stood up from the couch, he walked to her.

Jackson says he’s a good friend.

Yeah, he was the one I wanted to talk to you about.” Saehee started, Mark nodded as he planted his palms on her waist.

He asked me a few days ago to help him on this really funny situation, Himchan’s a bit of a playboy.” She mused, Mark nodded, his eyes landed on her wrist, finding the Cartier watch on her wrist, he smiled again.

“Mark, you’re going to be late. You have conference.”

Mark’s nose scrunched up slightly, Saehee chuckled before Mark tugged on a lock of her hair.

Cant we just spend the day outside?” Mark asked.

Would you…like me to come with you the conference instead? It’s better than going with Namjoo and Jaekyung.

I don’t like him.” Mark said in finality, he had pushed away Saehee’s draped blazer, revealing the matching white sleeveless top inside.

“Who?”

Mark kissed her bare shoulder before replying,

 

That Kim Himchan.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++