22

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

“So, I come in peace.” Himchan said as they stepped out of the site. Jackson was grinning beside Saehee.

“What do you think? Do you think we could get it done my next year?” She turned to her friend.

“Maybe, but, it’s going to be big hit.” Jackson nodded.

“Ya, are you ignoring me now?” Himchan grumbled.

“You look happy, I just saved you from your almost wife.”

“Not entirely, I don’t think she bought it, I mean, she did. But, I don’t think she believed that I was still in love with you, my fake ex-girlfriend.”

Jackson chuckled; he actually liked the other guy. Himchan was good friend to Saehee, he knew that he was not dangerous and had nothing but platonic love for Saehee. But knowing his cousin, Mark will not like the other male.

“How about lunch?” Himchan asked.

“You can eat alone.” Saehee replied flatly, Himchan just playfully flicked her forehead.

“Ya, I’m your oppa, you keep on bullying me.”

“I only have one oppa in Japan, he happens to be evil too, somehow just like you.”

 

Lauren was seated beside Mark in the plane, Jaekyung and Namjoo were both behind them.

But,

Mark looked at her, Lauren grinned before righting his tie.

I miss mommy.” She whispered.

Right, you haven’t even called me daddy ever since we arrived, Laur.” He chuckled.

Well, I was saving it…for something.” She smiled cheekily before leaning on her seat again.

 

“Do you think she’ll come pick him up?” Namjoo whispered, Jaekyung looked up.

“I don’t know.” She replied, Namjoo smiled.

“I told you stop liking him, Jae.”

Jaekyung just turned away from him.

 

“Hyung,” Changmin said as Yunho answered his call.

“Oh, it’s been a while, how are you?”

“Saehee…”

“What about her?” Yunho asked from the other line.

“It’s really nothing..but there’s been…talk.”

“Talk?” Yunho asked as he stood up, Saerin had entered the room.

“It’s nothing big, but she’s always seen with KimSan’s CEO.”

“He’s our partner for the project, Min. Of course~”

“Not that, not in the office but outside. And he has a reputation of being a..player, just…I just wanted to tell you that.”

 

Jackson grinned as he saw his older cousin and daughter step out from the arrivals. Then his eyes landed on the two people behind them.

Jackson,” Lauren said as he lifted her up.

“This is secretary Yoo Namjoo and Lee Jaekyung.” Mark said to him, the male and female gave him polite bows. Jackson just smiled back, then he looked at Jaekyung. His brows rose briefly.

Lauren started speaking Cantonese in hushed tones to him as Mark got in the front seat.

“I don’t like her.” Lauren said as Jaekyung and Namjoo got inside the car, Jackson was still standing outside, letting his daughter speak.

“Why?”

“She looks at daddy too much.”

Jackson just smirked before helping his child to the car.

“Bingo, my dear. Bingo.”

 

The car halted in front of Jung Corporation’s huge building, Jaekyung had slid down and looked at the office.

“This is where the Jung Saehee works.” Jackson grinned before taking Lauren’s hand.

“Is she in?” Mark asked them, Jaekyung looked at the two cousins. Jackson was obviously the sociable one, both were dressed in sharp business suits for the conference later.

“I think she just arrived. I left earlier than her.” Jackson replied, he looked at Jaekyung over his shoulder.

The five entered the building’s lobby, some of the employees had recognized Jackson and greeted him politely.

“Perks of being around the big boss always.” Jackson mused as they walked, then Mark halted.

“It’s mommy.” Lauren whispered to herself.

 

Saehee walked in the lobby, she was wearing an all white Dior pantsuit, the blazer was draped on her shoulders. Behind her, were six middle-aged employees, following her, on her left was her secretary explaining something to her as she walked. She was looking at a folder while nodding at her. As she passed employees would bow politely.

Mark smiled from afar, it was endearing to see Saehee in her element again. Behind him Namjoo blinked in amazement.

“Whoa, she’s amazing. It wasn’t just talk.” He grinned at Jaekyung.

Jaekyung’s brows furrowed, then Lauren tugged on Mark’s arm.

Daddy, it’s mommy.” She beamed at Mark, Jaekyung’s brows rose in confusion.

“It’s the queen.” Jackson said as the continued walking, Saehee was still concentrating on her file when another male walked to her and yanked the folder from her.

Mark halted, his forehead creased, he was about to walk to Saehee, when suddenly she smiled and chuckled.

Jackson mentally groaned.

This hyung, wrong timing.

 

Then Saehee yanked the folder back, she hit the male on his shoulder. The male chuckled before walking alongside her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++