2

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

“Oh, oppa.” Saehee smiled as her older cousin joined her in the elevator.

“We have the meeting next week, right?”

She nodded.

“I think uncle wants to ask you to do something again.” Yunho said.

“What? Japan, again?” She mused, Yunho sent her a look. After what happened last year, Saehee was rarely allowed to go out alone.

“Seriously, Hee.”

It’s been a year oppa, just chill.“ She chuckled, the elevator doors opened. Saehee stepped out of the machine.

“Ah, right, I invited Saerin over for dinner!” Yunho called out to her.

“Got it!”

 

“Yes?”

“We need you here, son.”

“But, dad, I have a company to run here~”

“You have Jackson there, right? I’m sure he can help you.”

Mark’s brows furrowed as he recalled his talk with his father. He was needed to help with the company in Taiwan for a few months, he had no problems with it but it made him iffy.

“I find it odd that you’re in your office.” Saehee said as she stepped in, he smiled.

“I brought coffee.”

Mark nodded, he stood up and just opened his arms to her, Saehee pasued, her eyes narrowing.

“Why?” She asked, Mark just chuckled and wrapped his arms around her. Saehee just smiled and pulled away.

“Okay, tell me what’s bothering you.”

Mark shook his head.

It’s nothing. Have you eaten?

“Not yet, can we grab a sandwich?”

“Sandwich? That’s not a meal.” Mark said as he picked up his phone and put on his jacket.

“I just feel tired. Should I just have myself fired?” Saehee asked, Mark nodded and placed one hand on her back as they stepped out of the office.

“Jobless bum, Jung Saehee. That would be nice though, I get to take you to wherever I go.”

“Clingy Tuan.” She mused, Mark nodded as they walked towards the elevator.

I have a feeling my dad’s sending me to Japan again.”

Mark paused and looked at her.

“For work, I think he needs me there.” She nodded, Mark’s brows furrowed briefly.

“I guess we need to talk.” He said, Saehee shrugged.

“It just Japan, Tuan.”

“Should I send some bodyguards?” He teased.

“Don’t you even dare.”

 

No, you don’t get it!” Lauren sighed in exasperation as her father tried to tie her hair. She was already eight now.

Saehee watched in amusement, they were in Mark’s house. She was lying on the couch as Jackson struggled.

“What does your father not get, Laur?” Mark asked as he joined Saehee on the couch. Saehee placed her legs on his lap.

“I can’t tie her hair.” Jackson groaned, Saehee smiled.

“Actually, Laur, auntie Saerin’s at my house. The designer, remember? She makes pretty clothes.”

“Yes, I remember her, auntie…Gosh, I miss calling you mommy and daddy.

Mark smiled at the kid.

“She can tie your hair, I’m sure about that.”

 

“Unnie, hi!” Saehee greeted the young designer as she entered the house with Mark in tow.

“Lauren was whining about her father not knowing how to fix her hair.” Saerin chuckled as she hugged the younger girl.

“I know, they came earlier than us because of that.”

Mark looked around, his brows furrowed slightly.

Garden.”  He said, Saehee looked up then she nodded.

 

“I knew it, something’s eating you.” She chuckled as she joined him outside, Mark took off his jacket and wrapped it around her.

About…Japan, are you sure?

Kind of, I’m going to meet dad tomorrow, why?

“Actually..I was asked to leave for Taiwan too…For a few months.”

Saehee chuckled, Mark looked at her dryly.

“Ani, it’s a little funny, Tuan. We’re both leaving Seoul, poor Jackson.”

“Poor Jackson? Poor Jackson?” He pulled her to him and planted his palms on her waist.

“Not poor Tuan? You’re leaving the country and I’m leaving too.”

“We’re still in the same continent, Tuan. And it’s just a few months.”

Mark’s lips pursed slightly, but he leaned down and pressed his lips on hers briefly.

“We’ll talk about this tomorrow. Ditch work.”

“Mark, I can’t~”

Mark kissed her again.

Ditch work.

After I talk to my dad.

Mark nodded and smiled in victory before walking back to the house.

 

“Idiot.” Saehee chuckled before following him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++