19

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

“What about the meeting with Bandai?” Mark asked as they walked in the factory, Jaekyung was walking behind him.

“Yes, they said they can send the files by this afternoon.”

He nodded, then he glanced back at her.

“You should be wearing this,” He said as he took off his safety helmet and handed it to her.

“Sir~”

“It’s fine.” Mark cut her off before walking again, Jaekyung’s cheeks flushed slightly before following him.

 

Namjoo bowed politely as Mark stepped out from the factory, he was waiting by the car. Mark was about to get in the vehicle when a black van with the Tuan Motors emblazoned on it halted a few meters away from them.

Jaekyung paused and looked up.

“Who~”

A young girl stepped down from the van, she had dark locks that curled against her shoulder, she was clad in a loose sweater and jeans, and on her back hung a leather MCM backpack.

Lauren?” There was disbelief in Mark’s voice as the child ran up to him. Jaekyung saw Mark smile in delight before picking her up.

How did you get here?

“Jackson sent me here, and before you get mad at him for letting me fly alone, I went with his secretary. He is on his way back to Seoul now.” Lauren smiled, Mark chuckled and just kissed her cheek.

Jaekyung smiled, she didn’t know Mark was good with children. She didn’t know about this side of Mark Tuan.

Then she felt a pair of eyes looking at her, she looked up only to find the child looking at her.

“But, who is she? Why is she wearing a safety hat? Doesn’t she trust the car’s roof?”

 

Saehee looked at Himchan dubiously.

“It’s nice if people see us out together, it would do our project well.”

“You are using me to escape your problem, don’t~”

Himchan smiled wanly.

“So tell me, miss Jung, you aren’t the snappy type, so why…are you cranky? Before you left for Taipei, honey, you weren’t like this.”

“Don’t honey me.” She put her coffee down, they were inside a posh coffee shop in the mall.

“Still waiting for your answer?”

Sahee leaned against the table.

“I grew up…in a very different family. I was an only child, so…I never had competition…or anything like that.”

Himchan nodded.

“But, I…it’s…odd, Himchan. Feeling it.”

“Competition?” Himchan asked, she nodded.

“Sometimes, routines can get tiring, we all need something new in our lives.” Himchan said.

“But…it makes me uncomfortable…jumpy and..”

“Irritable.” He finished, Saehee laughed at him.

Himchan grinned, he wasn’t used to sharing his thoughts with a girl. Maybe having a female friend suited him well.

“But, don’t fret over it too much, judging by the articles about you, you can do it, dragon lady.”

 

Saehee looked at her phone as it rang, she took it up on her hand and answered.

Tuan?

“What happened last time? You just~”

“My phone died, why~”

Hi mommy!

She blinked.

“Lauren?”

Lauren just arrived, we’re having lunch.

Really? With who?” She asked while drumming her fingers on the table.

“Just us, what are you asking?” Mark chuckled.

“Oh, yeah.”

Then the doors to her office suddenly opened.

“Jung Saehee! Baby girl!”

Saehee winced, she heard Mark chuckle.

“I guess Jackson’s there.” Mark said.

“Ugh.”

 

Jackson grinned as he kissed Saehee’s cheek, then he sat down.

You wanted to talk?

Saehee’s brows furrowed for a moment, then she grabbed her purse and yanked him up.

Let’s walk.

Jackson’s brows rose but he just followed.

“Sae?”

“I’m not even going to ask how you sent Lauren to Taiwan alone.”

He smiled and just looped his arm around hers. They arrived at the lobby and walked out of the building.

What is it?

I was in Taiwan..last week,

Jackson nodded, he could see how Saehee was processing whatever she wanted to say to him.

Sae, it’s just me. You can blurt it out.” He shrugged.

“There…I met..Tuan’s secretaries and other employees.”

Jackson nodded, Saehee continued walking.

“Rumors…don’t start unless~”

“Saehee, no. Don’t go there.” Jackson frowned at her.

“Jackson I….I don’t like it. I don’t like her being around him but I cant say it because…I trust Mark. But it gets me worked up, it annoys me. When I call, I can hear her voice. She’s always there!”

Jackson sighed and just wrapped one arm around his friend.

Sae, you know him. He’s your Tuan. It probably…

I heard people talk, she likes him. And surprisingly…they all think that Mark is always nice to her.

We were raised to be proper gentlemen, Sae.” Jackson replied. Saehee exhaled.

 

“I don’t like it. I trust him, but I don’t like it.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Lauren be like, "I'm watching you."

tumblr_inline_n7lye98NFi1r8x9ve.gif