13

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Dinner?” Mark asked, he was lying on the bed, watching television.

Yes, I did. I invited the two of them, it would be nice for them to actually realize that they’re working for someone who has emotions.”  Saehee called from the bathroom, Mark heard her switch off the shower.

Is that really necessary?

A fresh face Saehee appeared by the doorway, she was clad in a pair of shorts and one of Mark’s shirts.

I know you Tuan, your secretary back in Korea even calls me to call you about your meetings.

Mark just blinked at her, she rolled her eyes before plopping beside him.

“I know a good Chinese food place.” Mark said, Saehee smiled.

“Good.” She grinned, then her phone started to ring. Mark pulled her bag for her and took out her phone.

“Himchan?” He asked before handing her phone to her, Saehee just nodded before picking it up.

“Hello?....Me? No, I’m not…I’m not in the office…I don’t even drink, Himchan.” She mused, Mark sat up.

Saehee was leaning against the headboard while speaking.

“I’m in Taiwan, I moved it to..next Thursday…Yes, I will call you…..Dont let her slap you again, okay. Bye.” Saehee chuckled before putting her phone down, Mark was looking at her questioningly.

Who’s Himchan?” He asked as he wrapped one arm around her.

He’s Kimsan Group’s CEO. The one I’m working with, remember?

Mark nodded.

You seem close.

He’s like a complete..player. It’s amusing.

A player? How old is he?

Tuan, not all CEOs are old, look at yourself.” She chuckled before kissing his cheek then she slid down from the bed.

“I need to get dressed, can we roam around before eating?

 

It feels weird, no Jackson, no Lauren.” Saehee said as they entered the mall, she was clad in a pair of denim shorts and a see through top with a black bandeau inside. Saehee’s arm was looped around his as they walked, Mark smiled and shook his head.

“Did I mention that Lauren’s back to calling us mommy and daddy again?”

“Wae?”

Well, she’s not so pleased that Jackson enrolled her to summer school.

Mark chuckled.

“You’re wearing it.” Mark said, as his fingers touched her watch.

“I had to.” She replied.

“Right, for how long are you staying?”

My flight’s tomorrow.

“Good, you can go now.” Mark slightly pushed her away, Saehee chuckled and laced her fingers with his.

“Actually, I’m staying over the weekend up to Wednesday.”

“Okay, you cant go yet.” Mark chuckled.

“Remember when we used to ditch gym class?”

“Yes and our parents thought we were doing pot, when in reality you just had this weird craving for raw fish. Every gym class you dragged me there.” Mark replied.

 

 

Namjoo arrived with Jaekyung at the mall.

“Whoa,” Namjoo suddenly stopped beside her, she followed his gaze.

“I actually never saw our boss smile like that before.”

Jaekyung looked up, she saw Mark and Saehee together. Mark had one arm around her neck as they walked, they were chatting happily.

“A perfect couple, don’t you think?” Namjoo nudged her. Jaekyung could only nod, she was starting to think that it was a bad idea to come.

“Oh, hi.” Saehee waved at them, Jaekyung noticed how Mark put his arm down, but his palm was now planted on her back.

Jaekyung felt like she was being slapped. Maybe the Mark she knew wasn’t the real Mark.

She had no idea how Mark really was.

“Mark chose the place. I hope that’s okay.” Saehee offered.

“It’s okay, miss Jung.” Namjoo nodded.

“Just call me Saehee.” She smiled pleasantly before turning back to Mark, Jaekyung slouched as she followed the three.

She watched as Saehee and Mark chatted, Mark rarely touched her, other than the occasional hand on her back to guide her, but the way he looked at her. It made Jaekyung feel queasy inside.

 

“I actually cannot read this.” Saehee put down the menu, Mark chuckled before speaking with the waiter.

“So, how long have you been working for Tuan Motors?” Saehee leaned forward to speak with them, Jaekyung noticed Mark’s arm, which was on Saehee’s chair.

“It’s been two years for me, Saehee.” Namjoo replied, Jaekyung looked up.

“For me, I started last year.”

“That’s good.”

“Then, if I may ask, how long have you known our vice president?” Namjoo asked carefully, Mark turned to Saehee briefly.

Saehee smiled.

“We met when we were kids at LA, we went to the same high school together, then we transferred to Korea for college.” Saehee said, Mark began to put the napkin on her lap.

“That sounds..beautiful.” Jaekyung said. Mark was quiet beside her, fiddling with his phone.

“Yes, and,..Tuan?” Saehee turned to him, Makr looked up.

I need to use the restroom. Is it far from here?

Sort of, come on, I’ll come with you.” Mark stood up, Saehee nodded.

“Then, I’ll have to excuse myself.” Saehee smiled before Mark pulled her to him. Jaekyung just watched as the two left, Mark was different with Saehee and she just realized that. Then she saw Mark lean over to kiss Saehee’s cheek, she looked away.

 

“You can actually see the difference, our boss seems…warm with her, he isn’t in his usual cold behavior. It’s pretty funny.” Namjoo mused beside her, Jaekyung could only nod.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++