1

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

“Really? I don’t think that would appeal to the ladies, you .

Jackson eyed his friend warily, Saehee grinned at him. They were at a brunch event, it was a party of Lotte Corporation’s CEO.

“Jackson, stop doing that.” She groaned, Jackson was winking at some of the females across the hall.

He chuckled, and looped one arm around Saehee’s.

“Come on, Sae, let’s just take a stroll, this is a garden party after all, right?”

“Garden parties.” She shuddered, Jackson smiled. They stopped over for a glass of white wine, then they noticed some of the female guests turn quiet.

Saehee blinked, then she noticed Mark enter the room clad in a pair of black slim jeans with a white dress shirt tucked in. He was met with some colleagues.

“Where do they get the guts to approach him?” Jackson asked, then there was a sudden movement behind Mark.

“Lauren.” Saehee smiled as the young girl held onto Mark’s hand.

It’s nice she’s here for the summer.

I got used to her calling me Jackson, though.

Saehee chuckled then Lauren was hopping towards them.

Uncle Mark dressed you up?” Jackson grinned as he lifted her in his arms.

“He bought this dress for me.” Lauren nodded as she gestured towards the floral printed dress.

“Hey.” Mark walked to them, he gave Saehee a quick peck on the cheek.

“So, do we have plans tonight?” Jackson asked.

“Seriously?” Saehee shook her head.

“Can we go now?” Mark asked, Jackson chuckled.

“But you just got here.” Saehee replied, she felt Mark’s arm around her waist.

Exactly.

 

 

“Hmm, so you wanted to be here instead.” Saehee eyed Mark warily as he watched the Han River. She was wearing a white dress with a white tailored blazer. She took off her heels and lifted them up on the bleachers.

“Mark, it’s the middle of summer.” She murmured as she took off her blazer next. She pressed her toes against his thigh. Mark grinned at her.

“It’s not going to melt your make up away, as if you need it anyway.

“I’m getting ice cream, Tuan. You should just stay here and burn yourself.” She muttered as she stood up and walked barefoot towards the stall.

Mark smiled and he picked up her shoes and blazer, then he walked after her.

 

 

“I find it weird.” Mark said as Saehee leaned against the car’s hood.

“What?” She asked, Mark faced her trapping her between his arms.

Dad keeps on calling me, asking me if I want to drop by.

Drop by where? He’s in LA, right?

“No, he’s in Taipei. He never asked me if I wanted to come..even before.”

“What’s wrong about Taiwan, Tuan? It’s a beautiful country.”  Saehee mused as she kissed his nose, Mark frowned.

“I don’t know, it makes me uncomfortable that he wants me to come.

“Can you just please use one language?” She groaned, Mark chuckled before pressing his nose on her hair.

“Maybe it’s because I can’t speak Taiwanese? It’s a factor, don’t you think?”

 

“So, how about we speak one language, Tuan?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++