Meeting again

And where was forever?

“… this are the documents to sign and that’s all."

"Where shall we dine tonight? I’ve been craving for some French cuisine.”

Yoona smiles, as she places the file on his desk and went to the back of his seat, massaging his shoulders and left a peck on his cheek.

She was always elegant and gentle. Like a deer. Always understanding and supportive, taking care of every single detail. He didn’t have to worry, both in work and at home. For the past five years, she has been there for him, from him being a manager in his father’s company, to setting up his own firm, and bringing it till where it stands today.

He smiles, as he reaches back to pull her hands together, interwined with his. He could smell her perfume, the strong intoxicating scent.

“Then lets settle for French today.”

“Thanks Oppa, I knew you will satisfy any of my cravings! Oh yes Oppa, about the new advertisement for this season’s line, there is a meeting with the model today. Do you want to join the meeting?”

“Yonghwa will be taking care of it right? He was the one who is in charge anyway. I might drop by, to see if it works out well.”

“Okay, I will be there to assist Yonghwa Oppa. 10 in the conference at Marketing Dept!”

-------------------------------------------------------

“Hi! You must be Ms Seohyun right?”

“Yes I am. Nice to meet you.”

“Hi yes nice to meet you too. Follow me up, Miss Seohyun. Today will be a simple meeting with the people in charge of the advertisement and the shoot will officially commence tomorrow.”

-------------------------------------------------------
 

“Oppa, I thought you didn’t want to join?”

“Well, I need to help my dear brother don’t I? Yonghwa ya, Hyung is here to see so do your best okay?”

“Yes Hyung.”

Yonghwa smiles at his brother. His Hyung, when the Cho family shunned him as an illegitimate son, it was his Hyung who stood by him when he turned up in the household 2 years ago, after living in the States since he was born. Hyung gave him a job, a place to stay, and invited him over for family dinners from time to time. He was still his mother’s son Jung Yong Hwa, bearing his mother’s surname, but his father has gradually accepted him into the family, with the help of his trustable and reliable Hyung.

-------------------------------------------------------

 “Mr Cho, Ms Im, Mr Jung, the model from TT Talents is here.”

Again.

Like ruffles and vanilla cones. Soft pale and sweet. A familiar scent.

“Hi I am Seohyun from TT Talents.”

She bowed and looked up.

Yoona gasped as she slowly made her way up from her chair.

“Seohyun…”

-------------------------------------------------------

Time stops.

His eyes were locked with hers, and the others don’t matter anymore.

He could feel her astonishment. Like she could feel how shocked he was.

-------------------------------------------------------

“Hi Miss Seohyun. Welcome to Cho Holdings.”

Ignorant, Yonghwa extended his hand towards the frozen girl, which finally brought her back to the world.

She shook his hands, bowed again, and settled in the seat that Yonghwa mentioned her to.

She could feel her limbs trembling. With shock or with fear, she do not understand. Her mind was on everything except what Yonghwa is talking about. She could feel the unwavering attention from the side of her. Cho Holdings, why hasn’t she look more into it?

-------------------------------------------------------

It was her.

The face that he remembered. Those eyes he woke up too, the nose that widens when she gets angry and the lips; her lips that were once his.

But she was no longer the old her. As she grew, she shed off her cute pretty image and now, she is more than beautiful.

He couldn’t take his eyes off her. He knew she could recognize him too, her face in shock, and how she is trembling now.

It’s been five years since he last saw her.

------------------------------------------------------- 

She is so pretty now, she thought.

She knew that even though they had ended five years ago, he had never once really forgotten about her.  

He always took prawns for her, though she was allergic. He would return occasionally with pints of Baskin Robbins, leaving them in the freezer, but they end up in the bin when she realized they were past expiry. He stops and stares at the Keroro dolls in the mall, close his eyes and walked away. 

Seohyun’s favourites, she knew. But what can she do about it, what can she?

He mumbles in his sleep. When he hugged her as they make love, he would moan her name in his breath. Once or twice, or maybe thrice.

It pains her.

But he left her for me,she always reassures herself.

Whether or not, if I had lied.

He would have come for me. And even if after 5 years, he is still not ready for another marriage, he would be, many years down the road. He will realize when he turns back one day, that I am the one by his side, all along.

But she’s back. And she can’t be sure about anything now.