Too many hearts were lost

And where was forever?

“So… how’s Kyukyu?”

“He’s fine. As fine as he could be.”
 

They sat on the bench, the familiar bench.

The bench when she sat five years ago, after her Hyukkie Oppa found her lifeless in the kitchen.
After he left, and she sat here looking at how the sky is still blue and the sun is still shining, after how fate played a joke on her. And where she felt the first kick of her baby boy, and she promised herself that she is going stand up again for her baby boy, no matter how hard it would be.

 

Silence crept. She stared at the smoke coming out from the hot cup of coffee in her hands.
 

“Kyuhyun Hyung… he is… he is him, aren’t he?”

She turned, and realized he had been staring at her all this while.

His eyes searching, for assurance, for answers.

She turned back to her coffee, slightly nodding and it was silence once again.

----------------------------------------------

He had never once thought that the man who held her heart would be his very own older brother.

How would he have known, they separated before he came to know him. And Hyung had Yoona.
 

Yoona… was once what he had been crazy about.

He sneak stares and glances at her, why did she have that sorrow, that insecurity in her eyes. He wanted to protect her, ask her. But there was Hyung, and Yoona only had her eyes for him. Hence, he stood aside, looking from the side.

And recently, he felt his heart lighter, he no longer fazed all day over the untouchable and unattainable sister-in-law.

Because, he found another girl, with the same sorrow, or even with grief and pain, that he is willing to sacrifice his all just to shield and protect her. To heal her, to find her heart back, and to win it for himself.

But this girl, which he had fell so hard for in such a short period of time, was the ex-wife of his favourite brother, his only family. The father of his nephew, that he once thought he would step up as his Dad.
 

If it was just another person. Another man. He would have stepped up, hit him out of his senses for hurting his girl. The girl that he will protect as his own.

But, it isn’t any other man.

It’s his brother.

The brother that he had owed his life to, his utmost respect, the only family he recognized. The Hyung that he had surpressed his infatuation for, the Hyung he knew would never hurt a girl that he loved.
 

But now, he find himself hurting from sitting on the fence.

Between fighting and standing up against his own brother, and the girl that had held his heart and he couldn’t reach for it to put it back in place.


----------------------------------------------
 

“Oppa… it has been a week since I talked to you.”

He stayed silent, as she waited and realized that he is not going to talk.

“ Next week, it’s the wedding. Mummy and Daddy had been asking for a dinner with you, Auntie and Uncle for a last meetup before the official day.”

She was surprisingly calm and composed.

He knew, that she had already found out where is he, who he is with, what happened.

She is Im Yoona, the second person of Cho Holdings.

“Yoona…”

“Tell me when can you make it and I will do the necessary arrangements.”

“Yoona, I…”

“I miss you, Oppa.”

“…”

“And,  I love you.”

And she ended the call before he could reply.

He stares at the round globs of his little boy who was glancing at him curiously, his mouth still puffed up from the chewing of his carrots.

He smiles, as he ruffled the hair of his little carbon copy, with the latter bursting into a wide smile.

It’s time, he thought.

He knew where his heart is, 5 years ago, and now. He once thought that his heart had left, and all that was left was duty and responsibility. But he realized his heart hadn’t change, not one bit. Deep down, the girl that was in his heart had planted a seed that the roots had grown so deep that it couldn’t be seen, and now when someone starts pulling and tugging, it’s so painful to bear and so difficult to remove, purely impossible. Even when the leaves had all been cut, it was rooted. Deeply.

It’s time, he thought again, to find back our hearts.

Too many hearts were lost.

----------------------------------------------

She had to end the call before he could hear her tears from the other end.

She… her best friend that she had betrayed due to her selfishness in love, had a son.

That she had lied about. She had single handedly brought up a son, without letting anyone know about it.

 

How it must have hurt?

She knew how much he meant to her. Just like how much he meant to me, she thought.

She never meant to hurt her in the way she did, she was just selfish, and she once thought that he had grown tired of her and hence, returning for her comfort and love.

But 5 years past and she knew she was wrong.

His return, was no of the love that he had for herself. It was the baby, the non existent child they had.

She hate herself, for hurting him, for depriving him, for hurting her, for depriving their son from what he was supposed to have.

She hate herself for her selfishness, that she still can’t bear to let him go to her despite all her guilt.

She hate herself for loving him ever since they were 10, for placing all her hopes and dreams on one person that had dashed all that she had.

 

She hate that she still loved him, even when she knew he wouldn’t be coming back for her.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

New Oneshot: While It Last : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/328759