Genes

And where was forever?

All of this could be his, if he were to turn back time six years ago. If he hadn’t slept with his now fiancée that was like a sister to him; if he hadn’t go back for more; if he was to pour his troubles to his wife instead; if...

If he never had broken his promise to her; shattering their love that he promised infinity and eternity.

----------------------------------------------------------------

He heard her spoke finally after two days, when their son finally woke up from his deep slumber.

She had stayed rooted by the bedside, holding the hands of the little one, using them to caress her own cheeks (the ones he had missed so much).

It was like she was in her own world with her little boy.

And.

There was no way she could fit him in the picture ever again.

----------------------------------------------------------------

For two days, he had been in this room with her, and his little boy. Their little boy.

It’s amazing. Genes, they really don’t lie. Cho Kyu Jae, he learnt later seeing it on the door of the hospital room; his son was the splitting image of him.

While part of his heart warmed at knowing that there was someone that carry his genes and resemblance;he shuddered at the thought of how she, his wife that he left five years ago, had managed to bring him up as a fine little  boy when his little face had reminded her of him, the ex-husband who had left her.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Frail like a withering flower.

He made sure to stay far from her, knowing his unwelcomed presence, while he couldn’t stop staring at the two people that was his kin, his closest kin next to his parents.

His wife and his son.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly.

“Kyukyu ah… Kyukyu! Can you hear mummy, Kyukyu!”

Her voice rang through the empty and silent room and he broke his daze, watching her clutch the hands of the little boy as the little one stirred from his slumber.

“Umma…”