Pink Keroro

And where was forever?

Kyukyu ah! Don’t run or Mummy cannot find you later!’

She shouted after her little boy, as Yonghwa strided beside her.

It was a Sunday, and Yonghwa had suggested to bring Kyujae out for some toy shopping as ‘a bribe to like me and convince his mother’ as he said.

She chuckles and agreed; it’s been long since she brought Kyujae out for a walk.

And her little boy was more than excited. He had spent nights asking her about Yonghwa, his Yong Uncle is his new best mate. They would watch stars at night, telling Yonghwa about his father being a superhero among the stars, which Yonghwa eyed Seohyun suspiciously but had spent hours explaining about astronomy and searching for his father every night.

He could be what Kyujae need.

He could be what I need too.

 --------------------------------------------------

Yonghwa went to the restroom, while Seohyun wandered with Kyujae around the toy shop when something caught her eyes. It was a Keroro doll. A pink Keroro doll. A limited edition Keroro doll. Every year, there would be a limited edition Keroro doll and they would collect it every year, placing it with the annual Starcraft collectibles in their proud cabinet of worthy collections. She had not seen any of it for the past 5 years while she’s in Japan.

 

“I like the pink one! But it will only come out 7 years later hmph.”

“How about I customize a pink one for you?”

“It’s different! This is an annual collectible hmph.”

“Baby are you being difficult? You want it but you don’t want to wait?”

“Are you scolding me?”

“Nah, I am talking sense.”

“Hmph. Sleep on the couch tonight.”

She threw his pillows with all her might and kick them out of the room along with her lover,half pushing half dragging.

“Ya Seohyun! Why am I sleeping on the couch just for talking sense!”

“…”

“Ya!”

“…”

 

And then, she heard the door click and closes.

Was he angry? Was I too stubborn? But I was only joking…

She thought as she opened the room door and headed outside.

His car keys and wallet were gone from the shelves in his reading room.

Where could he go in his pajamas?

She sat on the couch, contemplating to make a phone call and watching the clock tick.

 

He came back as he saw his wife sprawled over the couch, the phone in her hands.

He chuckled and sigh, as he lifted his lover from the couch to the bedroom, her hands instinctively clung over his neck in her dreams.

He placed her gently on the bed and covered her up, kissing her forehead as he watch her sleep.

‘Goodnight my petty baby.’

She peeked at him while he exited the room, pretending to be asleep all this while when she had woken up when he lifted her from the couch.

Are you still angry baby?

She thought, but slowly, she fell asleep.

 

She was woken by a rain of kisses on her eyes, her nose, her temples, her lips, nibbles on her earlobes and neck and as he started moving down to her chest she woke up startled, to prevent him from going any lower.

‘Ya why do you have to wake up now..’

He frowned as he stared at his wife, lying underneath of him.

She looked at his face, searching for signs for any emotions.

I am safe, she thought.

‘Where did you go last night?’

He chuckled as he reached with his long arms and fiddled with something on the ground which she couldn’t see, pinned underneath of him.

‘I went to get this!’

And a pink Keroro appeared.

But the pink was scattered around the doll, the green underneath still glaring from the new pink skin which was splattered in splotches.

She laughed at the alien looking monster while her husband smirked at his own creation.

‘You went out to make this?’

‘Yes! I went out to get this Keroro and pink dye and only realized when in the car back that I was in pajamas!”

She smiled, but tears were forming in her eyes.

“Ya! Why are you crying!!!”

He panicked, as he quickly wipe her tears off, attempting to stop it while she sobs uncontrollably.

“Is it too ugly? Never mind we throw it away we don’t want it! Why are you crying!!!”

He tried to pry the doll away from her hands as she snatched it back and kept it in her arms tightly.

“I want it!!! I just thought… you were angry with me… but you went out to make this alien for me…”

His shoulders dropped as he stared at his wife in disbelief and embracing her in his arms.

“Babo… why would I be angry with you!”

He lifted her chin up, raining kisses on her eyes and her stream of tears, clearing away the tear stains.

She snuggled into his chest as he rocked her in his arms as they cuddle, till…

“What do you mean I make this alien?”

 

 --------------------------------------------------

“Ahjussi, can I take a look at that doll?”

“It’s been sold, Miss. A young gentlemen would be coming to collect it later. But you can take a look at it, I am sure he doesn’t mind sharing his love for the anime with other anime fans.”

It was the pink Keroro. The Keroro which reminds her of him.

And her heart races.

“Can I order another one?”

“Sorry Miss, this is an annual collectible. We don’t bring in stocks but you have to pre-order in advance. The pink Keroro this year is exceptionally popular and it has long been out of stock. This was pre ordered 2 months ago and the shipment had just arrived.”

Her heart sank.

My pink Keroro.

Our pink Keroro.

We are just not meant to be.

 

 

“Seohyun ah! You are buying this?”

Yonghwa came, interrupting her train of thoughts.

“Sadly, even though I desperately want it to be mine, it couldn’t be. It’s already others. And it will never be mine.”

She said, as she stared at the doll.

Yonghwa stared at her and the doll, his mind wandering to the avid Keroro fan that he knew of.

I have to ask Hyung when I see him, he thought.

 

“By the way, Seohyun ah, where is Kyujae? You can take your time here, I will go and accompany him first?”

“Kyukyu? Kyukyu was here with me? Kyukyu?”

She panicked, the doll flopped on the table.

“Kyukyu ah! Where are you Kyukyu ah!”

 

She ran around the mall, as Yonghwa had separated with her to search the other part of the mall, her eyes wandering around for her little boy.

It’s all my fault, I lost my love, and now, I’ve neglected the only thing left it my life.

It’s all my fault.

Kyukayu ah, please stays safe for Mommy.

Mommy only have you left.