Closed Doors

And where was forever?

“You still miss him. Your heart is still with him.”

Hyoyeon’s voice rang through her head.

It was a short mini talk that they managed to squeeze in when Eunhyuk brought Kyujae out for their ‘man to man’ time as they claimed but Kyukyu always returned with a bag of toys and snacks and an ice cream in hand, both gleeing joyfully. Eunhyuk had not known anything about Kyuhyun being back in her life and they had no intention to start a rage and a war if he were to know.

She told her Unnie about Kyuhyun. About how he was all the same with her picture in his wallet, the stormy night, how he had moved on, and how he will marry Yoona.

And how her heart still beats fast when he is near, how she still long to see him.

She needs answers, and Unnie was the best confidante she could have.

Seohyun ah, it’s pretty obvious isn’t it? For the past five years you were alone, not letting anyone near you, not opening your heart to anyone.

It’s because of Kyukyu, I had to take care of him.

Don’t find excuses and don’t try to escape how your heart really feels. Seohyun ah, you still miss him don’t you? You still miss him. Your heart is still with him.

She fell silence when she had to face the truth right in front of her, unveiled by her Unnie whom knew her best.

But it doesn’t matter anymore does it? He was getting married after all.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were walking home from Eunhyuk’s place after dinner which was a stone throw away when she realized the black Audi parked right in front of their apartment.

She ignored it as she continued to hum along to Kyukyu’s favourite song along with her little sunshine boy.

And then.

He was standing right in front of the car as she stopped in her tracks.

She felt him switching his gaze from hers to her side and she realized what could have happened as she pulled Kyujae close to her back and stared back defensively at the man who stood in front of her.

Her man, who left her when he knew how afraid she was of people leaving her ever since her parents accident.

Her man who left her for another woman, her best friend, best mate.

Her man who promised forever but left her in pieces that she couldn’t fix herself back.

Her man who left his family five years ago.

 

“Umma, do you know this Ahjussi?”

Kyukyu’s voice broke the silence in the icy cold atmosphere.

She regain her senses as she realize that Kyukyu was still there and immediately pulled him closer to her again and walked towards the door of their apartment, leaving the man staring at them in front of the house.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

He heard her saying to the little boy.

“No, Umma don’t know that Ahjussi. Kyukyu ah, let’s go have a nice long bath and start making the robot that Hyukkie Ahjussi gave you okay?”

He saw her faint smile while talking to the little boy next to her.

The little boy shouted out with glee and smiled at his mother as they disappeared through the door, not forgetting to sneak a look mouthing goodbye and a slight wave and nod at him.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stood rooted to where he was as he stared at the closed doors.

Like how her heart is closed and he was outside, waiting for one day where he chould hold their hands and return to where he belong.

He want his family back to him.

But he had no idea where to start and what to do anymore.