The ex-wife

And where was forever?

“… I’ve always been a strict father to my son, and I am glad that he had turned out exceeding my expectations time and time again. And to that, I hope that every single one of you will raise your glasses and congratulate the new couple in their marriage and see all of you on their wedding day!”

He knew it will come, sooner or later.

Committing him into another lifelong promise. He had been avoiding the subject but he should had guessed better that his father will be the one taking charge of his life again. He had been ranting about grandchildren of his friends and how he should be building his family now since his company is up and going. And especially after the rounds of questions regarding to his behavior after watching the debut commercial, his previous daughter-in-law appearance and making him promised that he will not try anything funny that he shouldn’t be hurting Yoona after leaving Seohyun for her.

Only that his father didn’t know that he still misses his wife, who he had divorced for his current used-to-bear-his-child partner, and he would do anything to make her his wife again.

He scanned the room on the stage platform, in search of the familiar silhouette and there she is.

Her eyes filled with unjust and betrayal, pain and hurt.

She turned and left the ballroom.

He winced.

Like how he left her five years ago, she had decided to be the one walking out of him now.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

She smiled at Uncle Cho as her parents smiled to her from the bottom of the stage platform.

She had been waiting and finally, she is becoming the wife of Cho Kyu Hyun. Her dreams since she was a young five year old kid, when he first held her hand in the snow when she slipped; when he and her made their snowman baby after making their own version of Snowman Kyuhyun and Snowman Yoona.

Her dreams once broken, but finally, they are finally fulfilling her small little dream step by step.

She turned to her fiancé, smiling but his gaze was fixed somewhere in the ballroom. His eyes filled with love and pain, something she had never seen in him when he was with her. There was only one person that could make him feel like that, as a surge of guilt passed through her every time she thought of her.

She followed his gaze and saw the familiar back view of the girl leaving the ballroom.

She turned again to her fiancé, his eyes closed, as if he was in pain.

Seohyun, the girl who she had grew to like so much, grew so close with. But everything was shattered when she selfishly decided to forgo everything for her dream. For him.

But even after sacrificing her best friend and her conscience, he was never hers.

It was painful to know that.

That he had never been hers.