Eyes

And where was forever?

Her debut appearance on the commercial tonight, was the congratulatory dinner his father threw for his company, Cho Holdings.

His father.

He was furious when he told him about the divorce. He had loved Seohyun, the cute little daughter he had always wanted. He told him that marrying Seohyun was the best thing he had done and he was glad that Seohyun had been there with him, pulling their family back together when he was so detached from his pressurizing father. But the other girl, was Yoona. His best friend’s daughter whom he had watched since young. The gentle doe alike girl. He had treated her as his daughter too but Seohyun, she was his happybean. They are just different, like how Seohyun was a daughter, but Yoona was a best friend’s daughter, his son’s fiancée.

Now, he stood at the front of his son and fiancée, his wife in hand, mingling with the crowds who were all in awe of this seemingly perfect family.

Successful billionaire father and CEO of Max Holdings, the on-par wife who is now the second largest shareholder of Max Holdings. The capable son who started his own company Cho Holdings with flying colours and a fiancée with backgrounds from one of the largest and influential family, Im Holdings.

 --------------------------------------------------------------

And then, he saw her.

Alone, a champagne glass in hand, looking bored and lost. With numerous jealous ladies throwing her curious glances and men checking her out (as his fist clenched unknowingly).

She was always the gem of the night, just like how she was a few years back, in Yoona’s birthday party. He had brought her to numerous social functions back then, but they had always managed to sneak out with Seohyun’s ageyo to his father.

She was sparkling, not literally. She was always not a jewellery person, the only thing she had wore was their wedding ring back then. She wasn’t loud, but soft and sweet. Like a fairy.

 

He couldn’t take her eyes off her.

Till their eyes meet.

And for that second, time stops and there was only him and her. Like when he first delivered his confession lollipop and gazed into her eyes ‘you are mine, my girlfriend’ ; like when he smirked and look at her with glee when she found the ring in the pint of Baskin Robbins ; like when he promised forever on the altar on their wedding day ; like when he hugged her telling her that it’s okay to feel pain and they will become one on their wedding night.

Till her eyes flicker to the girl beside him.

A flicker that shows hurt, pain and anguish.

He saw her flinched, her weak and frail body staggered back for a second as she registered her surroundings once more.

He could feel his heart wrenching. He wanted to go to her, hold her in his arms, tell her she had misunderstood, run kisses along her neck, tickle her till she succumbed and kiss her all over again.

Like he always do when he apologizes. To her, and only to her.

She turned away and he instinctively turned to the girl beside him. She was smiling at the guest that his father was talking to, not knowing the surge of emotion that had went through her fiancé and his ex-wife.

He turned back towards her direction and she was nowhere to be found.

His girl, he missed her so.

There were a million things he had wanted to say to her, he wanted to apologize for his indecent cheating, for his leaving, for all the hurt he inflicted on her.

He wanted to tell her he had not stopped loving her.

And that he loves her.

Only that he knows it’s too late as Yoona tighten her grip on his arms as they moved on to the next guest in the ballroom.

 --------------------------------------------------------------

She had always hated boring functions like this. Business functions where you prey on prospective clients. All the formalities and acting, and it’s worse she is alone since Taeyeon Unnie had not come with her and her attendance was compulsory as they were unveiling the commercial tonight and she was the main model.

Ducked out in a corner of the room, she winced at the heels that she was wearing and twirled her fringe idly as she hold her champagne in the other hand, scanning the room and wonder how long will this last..

Till her eyes met his.

The eyes she had woken up too for two years, those who were for her and only her. Those eyes who had all the love for her, his alluring gaze albeit dorky and cheeky at times. Those eyes that promised her forever, now etched in the gaze of her young boy waiting at home.

And then, her eyes voluntarily switch to the arm on his and she saw Yoona, once her best friend. Her reliable Unnie, who helped her when they had problems and helped keep track of her husband as his assistant.

She was her best friend. Their best friend.

And now, she was the outsider.

She felt her heart clenched, and she couldn’t breathe anymore.

She needs to get away. Away from the hurt, pain and betrayal.

She had been betrayed by her best confidante.

And also, the man she had loved for her entire life.