Snippets Teasers

And where was forever?

“Appa Umma. I am here.”

He laid the flowers on the grave of the couple who embraced him as their own when they first saw him.

And just like the past four years, he sat in front of their graves, talking to them like how a son would be.

Everything was just the same, from the day he left her.

----------------------------------------------------------------

In this house of theirs, the empty white house that was a present from his parents. They chose everything together, the flooring, the wallpapers, the sofa…

This place was full of memories. The past of him and her.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Appa, the boys in school always laugh at me because I don’t have a dad on Father’s Day and Parent’s Day celebration in school.”

His heart winced. He was supposed to be there for his little baby.

“But Kyukyu didn’t tell Umma. Umma will be sad. Umma always cry at night. The other parents always look at Umma in a funny way. I don’t like them.”

He felt his heart shatters for the second time. A tear crept in his eyes, as he ruffles the boy’s hair that was laying on his chest.

“But now I have Appa, Kyukyu don’t need to be scared of the boys anymore. And Appa is here, so Umma will not cry anymore right Appa?”

His little eyes bore into his. It was like looking at the younger version of himself, longing for a hug from his busy parents he saw once a week for an hour.

He hugged him tightly in his arms, sniffling his baby scent.

“Of course, my baby. Of course.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Umma, don’t cry anymore.. Umma..”

The baby snuggles up into her arms, nestling himself on her legs, frantically wiping the tears off her tear stained face.

“Kyukyu ah..”

“Umma, you don’t like Appa already right?”

“No, Umma like Appa like Kyukyu does. Umma and Kyukyu both love Appa a lot.”

“Then why are you crying Umma.. Umma is a big girl so Umma cannot cry anymore..”

“Kyukyu ah, loving Appa is very painful for Umma.. Umma don’t know if Umma can love Appa anymore..”

“Umma, if it’s painful then let’s go back to Japan. Kyukyu and Umma will go back to Japan.”

She was stunned, looking down at the determined face of the little boy in her arms.

“Kyukyu? But Kyukyu love Appa?”

“But Appa made Umma cry. I am going to protect Umma. I promise Hyukkie Uncle and Hyoyeon Auntie. Kyujae is a big boy now. If Umma is painful when Appa is with us, then we will leave Appa.”

He looked at his mother, his gaze determined.

She burst into tears as his little boy held her in his tiny arms for the long night.