Birthday Surprise

And where was forever?

“Oppa, you are back!” She smiles, holding the door for the man who brushed her aside in silence.

Confused, she joined the man on the black velvet sofa they chose together when they first moved in, the spot where they spent nights together cuddling in front of the TV and passionate kissing which leads on to something more.

When they were madly in love.

This past year, she hardly sees Kyuhyun; he has been spending way too much time with the company and when he comes home, he is always hidden in the study. But she understands him, as his wife, he wants to prove his capabilities to his parents and to show that he can be worth trust as the next in line director.

She glanced at his face as he shut his eyes and plopped his head on the backrest. His well defined features, unknowingly her hands moved towards her slight protruding belly. I hope you will turned out like Daddy, she sniggered at the thought while snuggling up to her husband. It has been two months since both of you were able to be in close proximity, he had been busy in Jeju for the past one and a half month and finally back two weeks earlier but had to be busy with the final bidding of the project in Jeju.

But he didn’t forget your birthday, which made you leap in joy when you received a call from his secretary two weeks ago about the reservation at your favorite dining. You’ve been saving the news about Kyukyu, you decided to nicknamed this since it suits both boy and girl, for this special night.

“Tired? Rest while I get ready okay! Oppa I am so excited I have something to tell you tonight, rest for a bit and wait for me okay?”

He stirred, with no replies. It’s okay, she thought, he must be really tired. She pranced up the stairs to changed into her dress she had already assembled a week before for this special night. A lilac bubble dress that conceals your tummy but ends two palms above your knee. A hint at iness yet not losing your innocent charm, what Kyuhyun has always said about you.

“Oppa I am done! Let’s go!” She landed in a thud beside the guy lying motionless, frowning at the impact that shifted his head from the backrest.

“Where did we say we are going? I am really tired.” He tried his best to reason that his is not going out today. It’s been a hard day at work, losing the bid despite all the hard work and his father’s glare when he delivered the news. The last thing he need today is a fight with her, though it has been happening so often since the second year of marriage.

She felt a twinge in her heart, didn’t he arranged a dinner already?  “But Oppa, today is my birthday dinner at Sky’s isn’t it? Yoona Unnie called me a week ago about the reservation you made!” You could feel your disappointment overwhelming as tears started welling up. At the same time, your resentment builds up as you muttered “You have never thought about me at all. All you care is work work work and just work! Even coming home drunk on the day on your birthday when I cooked a whole table of your favorite food. And it’s my birthday today and you didn’t even care to call me or anything and stayed in office last night. You..”

She carried on with resentments while the man twitched and his brows furrowed even further.

“Ya! I’ve a long day at work and I don’t want to fight with you. All you know is to complain and complain and complain all day long. So what it’s a birthday, you have it every year. So just give it a rest will you!”

She was stunned with shocked as she look at the man, now towering over her. His 180cm height was always his pride as he claims he has the perfect body shape of a boyfriend, ending up in headlocks every time after you sniggered and stare at him in disbelief at his overwhelming self-confidence leaving him to smile and blush using physical retaliation to hide his shame.

You have no idea when was the last time he turned you into a headlock position, or secretly back hugging you and lifted you up the ground as a man made merry-go-round, pulling you on his back for a piggy back as and when he feels like it, raining kisses on your ears to your neck as that’s your ticklish spot, squirming as he continues to tickle you everywhere he can reach.

Where did the times go?