The competition

Our Unexpected Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yookyung quickly got up from her bed as she saw the time.It was 7:30AM so this left her with only 20 minutes of getting ready before meeting Infinite.She didn't even think of looking like a ugly mess.Yookyung shook her head as she imaged herself with messy hair as she thought of his face and his horrid reaction of seeing her looking like a total mess.

''No!'' Yookyung didn't want that to happen to her at all.

After quickly dressing up in her uniform,she sat down on her stool as she faced the mirror.It was surprising for her to even move this much after being released from the hospital just hours ago but well I guess Yookyung's love for him motivated and energised her.She combed her hair as she hummed happily and stared at her reflection.She tried a hairstyle but then she shook her head.

''I do this one everyday!'' Yookyung quickly changed her hairstyle. ''I gotta do something new and unique!''

Yookyung groaned as she tried another one but that just made her look more childish than she wanted.

''Something else!'' Yookyung fixed her hairstyle into a new one. ''Argh I look so ugly!''

Yookyung sighed as she decided it was best for someone else to do her hairstyle.She opened the door and saw her friends already sat down on the sofa,relaxing all except for Naeun,still reading her notes but Naeun looked very angry and frustrated as she read her books.

''Are you okay Naeun?'' Yookyung asked.

''Yeah!'' Naeun nodded her head with a furious expression on her face but her eyes still was on her book.

Eunji stood up and pulled Yookyung into the kitchen.

''What?'' Yookyung raised her eyebrow.

''She's just super stressed out for the competition that is happening today!'' Eunji explained.

''Oh my god!'' Yookyung gasped. ''It's today!?''

''Uh Huh!'' Eunji nodded her head. ''That's why she's making sure she is all ready and prepared for every question.''

''I can't believe that it's today.'' Yookyung was surprised. ''All the revision Myungsoo and Naeun has done,it will all be in their favour.''

''Then we fly off to Las Vagas!'' Eunji clapped her hands in excitement.

''With the boys!'' Yookyung smiled as her heart skipped a beat as she thought of him.

''Yeah yeah the boys too!'' Eunji replied. ''Argh that Hoya! I have to see his annoying face.''

''Now now don't talk about your boyfriend like that.'' Chorong,who walked in,teased.

''YA?!'' Eunji exclaimed. ''For your information he is my EX-boyfriend!''

''Who knows what romance cooks up between you two?'' Chorong winked. ''Maybe he will be your next boyfriend after our time in Las Vagas!''

''Shut up!'' Eunji glared. ''I can say the same about you and Woohyun!''

''EXCUSE ME?!'' Chorong exclaimed. ''I would rather die than let that happen!''

''Who knows what romance cooks up between you two?'' Eunji mocked Chorong's voice.

''YA don't you talk to your elder like that!'' Chorong nagged as she playfully hit Eunji's arm.

''YA don't you hit your young friend like that!'' Eunji playfully hits Chorong back.

''How dare you hit me!?'' Chorong slapped Eunji's arm.

''How dare you hit me!?'' Eunji slapped Chorong's arm back.

''Get back here!'' Chorong yelled as she saw Eunji run off so that made her run off after her.

''These two!'' Yookyung chuckled. 

Yookyung touched her hair as she sighed.She was supposed to ask someone if they could help her with her hairstyle but well things hasn't gone according to plan yet.

''Why is my hair so hard to work with?!'' Yookyung grumbled. ''Aish why am I so worked out about him?!''

''About who?'' Yookyung heard a voice,making her eyes go wide open.

''Hey Yookyung!'' Hayoung tapped on Yookyung's shoulder as she stood next to Yookyung. ''Who are you talking about?''

''Well I...er....'' Yookyung didn't know what to answer.

''I know! I know it's Baekhyun so chill out.'' Hayoung laughed.

That name Yookyung just heard out of Hayoung's mouth was just annoying.Yookyung hated that name and her blood would always boil when she saw that guy,acting all nice and friendly in front of everyone but when they were alone he would turn into a monster,a devil that only she knew about.

''Why are you surprised that I said your boyfriend's name?'' Hayoung asked. ''No need to be jealous! He is your man!''

''No no!'' Yookyung just shook her head.

''So what's up with your hair?'' Hayoung questioned.

''I want to style my hair into a new one but I just can't figure out as to how to style it!'' Yookyung whined.

''That's it?!'' Hayoung raised her eyebrow and Yookyung nodded her head. ''Tsk easy peasy! I,Hayoung can solve that problem for you!''

''Can you?!'' Yookyung's face lit up as she smiled.

''Let's go! We haven't got enough time!'' Hayoung immediately pulled Yookyung as she ran to her room.

The others all watched Hayoung pulling Yookyung into her room then SLAM! The door was shut as the two did what they were in there to do while the others just shrugged their shoulders.Naeun sighed as she closed the millionth book she read.She had been staying up from 2AM so 5 hours of non-stop revising.She was mad and crazy to win this trip not only for herself and her friends but to show her rival,her greatest enemy and to everyone in the world that she,too is capable and worthy enough to be Myungsoo's partner.The thing that hurted her the most was that Myungsoo,himself kicked her out of their team.

*I don't want you to get hurt!* Myungsoo's reason echoed inside Naeun's head,which made Naeun scoff. *Bull Myungsoo! I know that you think I am weak enough for this but I will show you! I'll show you that I,Naeun Son,is strong and good enough to be at your level and even to win you! Just you wait and see!*

Naeun's hands turned into fists as she had that determination on her face.She angrily grumbled to herself then picked up another book as she knew she had more time to,at least,get more notes and information from a book.

''Naeun-ah don't study too hard.'' Bomi become worried for her friend.

''Don't stress out too much!'' Chorong agreed. ''We all know that both you and Myungsoo will do good! We believe in both of you!''

''I know!'' Naeun nodded her head. *I know that you all believe in me but does Myungsoo,himself believe in me?! Tsk debatable!''

''Well the competition is literally in 20 minutes so come on!'' Eunji informed. ''I think we should start heading now.''

''Just 5 minutes!'' Naeun replied as she continued to read her book.

''Naeun we aren't going to reach in time if we don't move it now.'' Bomi spoke.

''We don't want both your and Myungsoo's efforts to go to waste like this.'' Chorong said. 

''So come on Naeun! Enough studying!'' Eunji pulled Naeun.

''Fine!'' Naeun groaned as she stood up from her seat.

''Where are Hayoung and Yookyung?'' Bomi asked.

''Are they still in there?'' Eunji pointed to Hayoung's room.

''YA! It's time to go so hurry up!'' Chorong banged her fist on Hayoung's door.

''We are almost done!'' Hayoung yelled from her room.

''What are you two doing in there?'' Naeun questioned.

''No! We have to go now or else we aren't going to reach there in time!'' Chorong replied. ''So get out of the room or I will get in there and pull both of you out of there!''

''Fine Fine! We are done anyway.'' Hayoung said then opened the door.

''What took you two so long?'' Eunji questioned. 

''Yookyung?!'' Bomi,Eunji,Chorong and Naeun exclaimed as they blinked their eyes continously.

''How does she look?'' Hayoung smiled.

Yookyung's hair was perfect.It looked so beautiful and nicely stylied.The 4 girls who leaned in closer to get a good look of Yookyung's face and saw that she was wearing a little hint of makeup.Yookyung's eyelashes were coated with a good amount of mascara,making her eyelashes look long and beautiful while her face glowed with the little help of blush.Finally her lips looked healthy and cute as she had a nice pink shade of lip tint on her lips.

''Wow!'' The 4 girls nodded their head as they were impressed. ''Hayoung you did a good job!''

''Of course!'' Hayoung proudly replied. ''I am Oh Hayoung,the great you know!''

''Alright Alright don't get too cocky about it!'' Eunji rolled her eyes.

*RING RING RING RING*

Bomi looked at her phone then happily smiled when she saw who the caller ID was.

''Are you going to pick it up or just look at your phone?'' Chorong raised her eyebrow.

''What's so happy about someone calling you?'' Eunji questioned.

''LOOK GUYS!!!!!!!!'' Bomi happily exclaimed as she showed everyone that Dongwoo was calling her.

''Oh wow!'' Hayoung said. ''I guess miracles do happen then!''

''Yes baby?'' Bomi picked up her phone as she twirled her hair strand with her finger.

''Yes baby?'' Eunji laughed as she mocked Bomi.

''SHUT UP Eunji! Can't you see I am busy right now!'' Bomi nagged then got back to her phone. ''Dongwoo-ah!''

''Alright alright don't get too excited of this phone call.'' Dongwoo rolled his eyes.

''I'll get excited about anything that relates to you.'' Bomi giggled and she saw the others copying and teasing her giggle. ''GUYS! Can't you even give me some privacy!?''

Bomi stormed to the kitchen and stood in the corner.She cleared as she got back to speaking with her love.

''Okay I'm alone now.'' Bomi told. ''What made you remember me all of a sudden?''

''I'm just calling to tell you all to come down!'' Dongwoo replied. ''Us,guys have been waiting for 10 minutes already! Hurry up or else we are going to miss the competition!''

''Ooooooo is this a request from you to me?'' Bomi wiggled her eyebrows. ''You do know that you have to do something for me if I agree to this request right?''

''What?! Why?!'' Dongwoo groaned. ''I mean if you don't want to go to Las Vagas to win then fine! I'm not too bothered since I already went to USA!''

''But did you go to Las Vagas?'' Bomi raised her eyebrow.

''Well....er...not exactly but---'' Dongwoo was interrupted.

''EXACTLY!'' Bomi shouted at the top of her lungs. ''So don't you try to give me all that USA lecture when you haven't been everywhere in USA!''

''Don't you get too smart with your technical words!'' Dongwoo retorted. ''And hurry up all of you! What takes you all to get down?!''

''We will get down immediately IF you agree to do something for me.'' Bomi smirked.

''What?! Do I have to?!'' Dongwoo moaned.

''Sorry honey!'' Bomi smiled. ''That's the deal or else no deal.''

''Well...'' Dongwoo was interrupted by the other Infinite members.

''DONGWOO WHAT TAKES YOU SO LONG TO TELL YOUR GIRLFRIEND TO HURRY UP AND GET DOWN WITH HER FRIENDS?!'' Bomi heard Sunggyu loudly nag Dongwoo.

''You guys can have your romance later you know!'' Woohyun teased.

''We have to reach there on time remember!'' Hoya told.

''Or else we will miss the competition then we can't go to Las Vagas!'' Sungyeol whined.

''Okay okay fine!'' Dongwoo glared at his friends then got back to Bomi. ''Fine Yoon Bomi you win! Just hurry up with your friends and get down here within a minute and I will agree!''

''Really?!'' Bomi happily smiled. ''Okay okay I will reach down with everyone immediately! Get ready Dongwoo baby!''

''Argh just hurry up!'' Dongwoo hung up the phone.

''YES Yoon Bomi!'' Bomi jumped up and down then remembered what to do. ''OKAY OKAY GUYS LET'S MOVE IT! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!''

''We are already at the door with our shoes,waiting for you so you move it!'' Chorong glared.

''You were just busy with your boyfriend so we didn't wanted to interrupt your love time with him.'' Eunji spoke.

''Will you hurry up please?'' Naeun whined. ''I don't want to miss it or else I will die!''

''Okay okay let's go!'' Bomi pushed everyone out of the house then closed the door.

''Stairs! It's faster!'' Hayoung ran to the stairs and ran down with the others running after her.

''It has to be under a minute!'' Bomi looked at her watch then ran faster down the stairs.

Bomi didn't dare wanted to miss this chance.She finally got an opportunity to make Dongwoo do something for her and for her to waste this chance?! Tsk it would be foolish!

''HURRY THE HECK UP EVERYONE NOW!'' Bomi screamed as she ran down faster.

''We're here!'' The girls ran to the boys then collapsed down on the floor.

''You girls okay?'' The boys all walked towards the girls,who were trying their hardest to catch their breath.

''UNDER A MINUTE LIKE YOU SAID!'' Bomi showed Dongwoo her phone's timer. ''I was right on 40 seconds! You owe me something Dongwoo Jang!''

''Ooooooooooooooooooooo!'' The rest of Infinite choo-ed as they grinned at Dongwoo.

''YA Shut up!'' Dongwoo exclaimed then pulled Bomi up. ''Yeah yeah okay fine whatever!''

''Oooooooooooo!'' PinkFinite all choo-ed at DongMi as Dongwoo pulled Bomi away from the group. ''What's going on between you two?''

''Lots of love and romance!'' Bomi giggled as she tightly hugged Dongwoo.

''Nothing!'' Dongwoo glared at PinkFinite then looked at Bomi. ''Sometimes you just gotta learn to shut up!''

''But why!?'' Bomi whined.

''Let's go!'' Dongwoo pulled Bomi,leaving PinkFinite,as he rolled his eyes while Bomi grinned as she was alone and close to her love.

''Hey hey hurry up or else we will miss the competition!'' Hoya nagged at the girls,who were still on the ground and trying to catch their breath.

''Hurry up?! Hurry up?! I'll show you mister!'' Eunji walked after Hoya as she tried to hit him.

''Now now Eunji calm down!'' Hoya tried to walk away from Eunji.

''Where are you running off?'' Eunji grinned as she fasten her pace and almost punched Hoya when Hoya suddenly ran off. ''WHY YOU?!''

Eunji immediately ran after Hoya as she tried to hit him and give him the beating of his life while Hoya chuckled as he saw how annoyed Eunji was getting.

''Are you okay?'' Sunggyu picked Hayoung up then cleared the dust and dirt off her skirt.

''I was going to do that but thanks!'' Hayoung flashed her teeth to Sunggyu.

''You're okay right?'' Sunggyu looked at Hayoung's knees to make sure she wasn't bleeding or hurt.

''Hey relax! I'm fine!'' Hayoung laughed at Sunggyu,who looked like Hayoung had been hit by a car.

''Yeah Sunggyu relax!'' Infinite all chuckled as they eyed their leader.

''Shut up!'' Sunggyu exclaimed.

Naeun sighed and was about to stand up when she saw a hand reaching out to her out of nowhere.She looked up to see who this hand belonged to when she saw Myungsoo looking at her with a straight face.

''Me and accept your help?! Tsk forget it!'' Naeun scoffed as she stood up and patted her skirt as hard as she could,removing the dust as a way of showing her anger she had for Myungsoo.

Myungsoo sighed as he knew that he would get this reaction from Naeun and well he doesn't blame her for it.He knows how much she is crazy for this competition yet he can't risk Naeun getting hurt so for that if Naeun chooses to hate him for this then so be it,as long as she isn't hurt then Myungsoo's fine to take anything.Naeun glared at Myungsoo then raised her nose in the air as she stormed off and away from Myungsoo as she can't even stand to look at him.

Yookyung looked at him,walking off without even looking to see if she was okay or not.She was surprised with this reaction of his as whenever she would fall down then he would always come to her,helping her and making sure that she was okay but this time it was different.

''Nice hairstyle Yookyung!'' Sunggyu smiled as he complimented Yookyung.

''Thank you!'' Yookyung smiled back then concentrated back at him,just walking ahead without even turning his head to face her. *What's with him today?*

''Of course! Since that is the work of Oh Hayoung then it must be nice,no it's way better than just nice!'' Hayoung boasted.

''You did that?'' Sunggyu questioned and Hayoung nodded her head. ''Wow Hayoung that's so good! You are very talented.''

''Of course I am!'' Hayoung smiled.

''How arrogant are you?'' Sungyeol scoffed.

''Oh shut up Sungyeol.'' Hayoung glared.

''Yeah shut up Sungyeol!'' Sunggyu nagged at Sungyeol.

''Tsk Lover Boy!'' Sungyeol whispered to himself as he gave Sunggyu a look.

''Can we move it already!?'' Woohyun exclaimed. ''We're going to be late!!!!''

 

PinkFinite all entered the event and saw that there were a lot of people sitting at the audience area.There were students and teachers from lots of different schools all attending this huge event from all places from South Korea.Naeun gulped her saliva as she saw the huge amount of people that she did not expect at all while Myungsoo was surprised as he expected the event to be a small thing but then again if it was a small thing then why would the prize be so big?

''Competitors please take your places!'' A voice from the speakers yelled.

''I think you two have to go there!'' Hoya pointed to all the competitors with a sticker on their shirt while they all went inside a room.

''Let's go Sunggyu!'' Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu.

''M-Me?!'' Sunggyu gasped. ''No no! Naeun's going not me!''

''No! I told you that you are going to be joining me in this remember?'' Myungsoo argued.

''Sunggyu you can just sit with the others cause I will be participating in this event!'' Naeun told Sunggyu.

''Naeun you don't have to do this!'' Myungsoo shook his head.

''Guys tell him that I have to do this and I want to do this!'' Naeun crossed her arms.

''Stop being so stubborn!'' Myungsoo was angry. ''If all you want was that damn Las Vagas trip then fine! I will buy you all tickets for a trip to Las Vagas on my expenses so there! The Las Vagas trip you all wanted from this event is solved! Now please sit down with the others while Sunggyu joins me!''

''Myungsoo how idiotic are you?!'' Naeun angrily looked at Myungsoo as she turned around to face him. ''If all I wanted was the trip then I wouldn't have worked my off with you! I didn't do this all for the trip,I did it so I can make my friends happy and so that we can get along with each other properly and nicely and show everyone how much of a good team we are together but you?! You just kicked me out cause of what? Cause you think I am so weak for you and I'm not up to your intellectual standard!''

''For God sake Naeun that is not the reason!'' Myungsoo stated. ''The reason is that I don't want this competition to hurt you.I don't want anyone to hurt you cause of this competition!''

''I am not backing out of this competition no matter what!'' Naeun glared at Myungsoo.

''Well too bad cause I'm taking Sunggyu with--Sunggyu?!'' Myungsoo looked around for Sunggyu as he couldn't find him.

''GOOD LUCK!'' PinkFinite all yelled at MyungEun as they walked up the stairs to sit at the seats that gave them a good view of the competition.

''There! Now you can't do anything about me joining you!'' Naeun smirked.

''Well I'm going to get that Sunggyu so you--'' Myungsoo was interrupted.

''There you two are!'' Mrs.Choi quickly walked towards MyungEun. ''Quickly go inside there and get ready for the competition! Now hurry and come with me soon!''

''Mrs.Choi I--'' Myungsoo was interrupted again.

''We're ready Mrs.Choi!'' Naeun smiled as she stood in front of Myungsoo.

''Okay okay let's go you two! We can't waste time!'' Mrs.Choi quickly pulled the two as she walked.

''Who's going to stop me now Myungsoo?'' Naeun smirked as she looked at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo looked at Hyomin and Eunkwang glaring at him as they crossed their arms,which made Myungsoo become more alert.

 

PinkFinite all walked up the stairs as they looked around to find seats that fitted 12 people while getting them a good look at the competition.

''There!'' Hayoung pointed at the seats and quickly ran to the seats as she sat down on one of them.

Yookyung quickly tried to move closer to Sungjong and managed to sit beside him.She peeked over at him once then looked away in fear if she was making this all too obvious but then looked at him again and at the exact moment,Sungjong looked over at her so their eye met each other.Sungjong,who hadn't seen Yookyung at all was surprised with how she looked today.

*She looks different.* Sungjong observed Yookyung's n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter