Chapter 1

Agent Sun

“Ummm…” He wasn’t used to speaking to girls, let alone girls that could kill him. “Would you like to sit in on one of my lectures?”

JiYong rubbed the back of his neck and stared at her face for a response. Instead of speaking (like a normal person would), she turned down a corner of , never looking away from the laptop screen.

“Ok-aaay…” He coughed and tried again. “What would you like to have for dinner?”

She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes as she began typing quickly.

“Erm… ok then. I guess I’ll make what I usually eat.” JiYong turned halfway towards the door just in case she’d say anything, but she only scrolled down the page she was looking at. He cleared his throat and told her that dinner would be ready in ten minutes before leaving the room.

“Hmph.”  JiYong  pouted as he turned the corner into the kitchen. She had only been here for half an hour, and he all ready felt like he was being silently judged. And harshly, for that matter.

 

JiYong ran to greet his new roommate the moment the doorbell rang. ’Smooth. Nice and smooth, JiYong,’ he thought as he patted down the hair at the back of his neck. He breathed in deeply and opened the door.

She was around his age, he noted. Pretty, maybe even gorgeous if she smiled. But she didn’t. She only looked him up from head to toe and nodded at his polite greeting. Her driver did the introductions as she walked past him and into the living room.

‘She didn’t talk to me on the way here either,’ the driver whispered before leaving him with her luggage.

He groaned quietly and turned to her to give a short tour of the apartment. Throughout the whole thing, she never spoke. She pulled out her laptop from the backpack she carried when she found out that she would be taking his bedroom and that he would be sleeping on the living room couch.

 

“Geez,” JiYong said as he took an instant ramen package from the cupboard. “Welcome to my home,” He mumbled.

 

-----

 

It was the next morning when SunYe woke with a flinch at the quiet sound of JiYong leaving the apartment. Disoriented, she yawned as she stretched her arms out in front of her and then rotated her neck, slightly sore from sleeping on the desk for the last two hours. Her eyes finally settled on a post-it note on her laptop screen. She pulled the note off to read it more clearly.

 

You didn’t eat dinner with me last night, so you must be hungry. I left breakfast for you in the kitchen. I’ll need to go grocery shopping later… Sorry.  Money jar is in the cupboard if you want to order pizza or anything instead. My lecture ends in 2 hours!

                                                                                                - JiYong

 

SunYe scratched her head absent-mindedly and looked at her small wristwatch. So she would be seeing him at 10, she deduced.

Standing from her seat, SunYe groaned as she stretched her joints and cleaned herself up in the restroom before walking to the kitchen. She stood at the foot of the square, wooden table and stared at the centered package.

“Ugh, instant ramen, and it’s not even the good flavor,” SunYe said as she picked up the shrimp flavored noodles and tossed it back onto the table. Yeah, no way was she eating that. She immediately went to the cupboard closest to her above the stove. “Wow, this boy sure likes shrimp flavored ramen,” SunYe stuck out her tongue and opened the next cupboard, in which she found a casing labeled ‘Money Jar.’

She emptied the contents onto the kitchen table and found that the jar held a whopping total of $12.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk.” SunYe clucked her tongue and pulled out her own wallet. After some debating, she put the money back into the jar and left the apartment.

 

----

 

Should he call out her name? JiYong shook his head and opened the door.

“SunYe…?” He almost whispered. When he received no reply, he opened the door completely and scanned the living room. She must be in his room.

Shrugging, he walked towards the coffee table and put down his textbooks to start his studying. After several minutes of daydreaming with his books open on the table, JiYong heard a key pull out from the front door. He turned his head to see SunYe walking in with a white plastic bag in her hands.

“Hi there... I thought you were in your room,” JiYong said. He scratched the back of his head before his eyes spotted the keys in her hand. Aren’t those mine? JiYong tried to discreetly pat down his jean pockets with his other hand.

“You left these in the door.” SunYe smiled inwardly at JiYong’s confusion and tossed him the keys.

“Oh, t- thanks.” JiYong caught the keys with both hands in front of him and dropped them back into his pocket. He noted that this was the first time he heard her speak. “So… what’s in the bag?” SunYe held the bag up.

“Ddeokbogi.” She hesitated before saying her next words. “Would you like some? They’re spicy.” She warned him. Honestly, she bought these for herself to eat in her room while she researched more on Pyro, but she felt guilty for being so cold towards him the other night. Deep inside, she hoped the spiciness would make him refuse.

“Sure! I like spicy ddeokbogi!” JiYong said with wide eyes. Actually, he didn’t like spicy so much, but if he wanted to get on her good side, he had better eat it. He saw her sigh slightly before bringing the bag towards him and placing it on the table. JiYong cleared the table while she sat down and opened the bag. “I’ll just go get some chopsticks. Y-you’ll be eating with me, right?” JiYong stuttered and then blushed in embarrassment. SunYe thought for a moment and nodded before he left the table.

JiYong sat back down and handed her the chopsticks. She lifted her eyebrows when she saw him put a bowl of water on the table.

“It’s uh… in case they’re too spicy for me.” JiYong mumbled shyly. SunYe smirked and nodded.

“Smart move because I like them really spicy.” She opened the takeout box and smiled genuinely at the food inside. JiYong stared at her smile with shock. I knew she could be gorgeous if she smiled...

“Let’s eat,” she said and looked up at him, interrupting his thoughts. JiYong blinked and nodded. As she dug into the food, JiYong rinsed his rice cake and brought it to his mouth, glancing at her as he did so. He chewed on his food thoughtfully.

For some reason, he couldn’t get her smile out of his head, even though it wasn’t directed towards him. It must be because he never thought she had any other expression besides a blank stare.

She should smile more often.

---

 

Thanks everyone for showing interest in my story! I hope this chapter wasn't too disappointing. ): I know SunYe's dating now, but it's a good thing we have fanfics to fall back on right? Cheer up everyone! And Happy Thanksgiving!