Chapter 7

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hangovers were the worst, Jisoo thought bitterly, while rubbing her forehead in hopes to ease her pounding headache. She stumbled into the kitchen to fix herself a cup of coffee when she realized she didn’t have any coffee left.

The gods are working against me, she fumed, grabbing her apartment key and wallet. All I wanted was some coffee. Is that too much to ask for?

She closed her newly fixed door gently and headed down the stairs to the convenience store. Hopefully some steaming hot coffee could help with her migraine. Jisoo could have sworn she heard Taehyung talking to her yesterday, but maybe it was all part of her imagination. She couldn’t remember clearly.

The streets were pretty empty as it was very early in the morning but Jisoo didn’t mind. She couldn’t handle a lot of noise at the moment so the quietness was perfect. Sluggishly, she pushed open the door to the store and went straight to the coffee machine, punching in the buttons for the machine. She patiently waited for the coffee to finish pouring into her cup and paid quickly at the register.

“Hangover?” the cashier asked.

“Yeah,” Jisoo sighed. “My first one and probably my last. I don’t plan on waking up to any more migraines.”

The cashier handed her the change and gave her a sympathetic smile.

“Have a nice day,” he said.

She waved on the way out and called out, “You too!”

The coffee was warm and heavenly as she slowly sipped it. It immediately relaxed her sore muscles. She walked leisurely on the sidewalk, her migraine now just a slight throb.

“Help!”

Jisoo’s head snapped up as she saw a little boy running towards her. She jogged forward to meet the boy halfway and crouched down to look at him eye-level.

“What’s wrong?” she asked worriedly.

“My brother is in trouble,” the boy’s voice trembled. “You have to help!”

“I’ll try my best. Where is he?” She looked around and was surprised when the boy grabbed her hand, dragging her with the little strength he had.

“He’s over here. Pleaes come quickly!”

She ran slightly and turned the corner into an alley. “Where…?”

The little boy let go of her hand and ran deeper into the alleyway, where he met up with a taller, muscular man who handed him some money. “Good job, kid. Now scram,” he said gruffly.

The boy smiled and ran past Jisoo with the wad of cash. She stood frozen in spot, wondering how the little boy could’ve done something as despicable as tricking her into some strange alleyway. Jisoo tried to step back discreetly. Her foot slipped on a rock and she tumbled backwards onto the concrete.

She could feel the skin on her palms break but the pain didn’t register as fear overtook her. More men began to emerge from the shadows of the alleyway, walking to join their leader.

“So this is the infamous girl who’s getting all chummy with the Bangtan Boys?” one man cackled.

“I wonder how she got in their favor so quickly. Maybe it’s that pretty face,” another one smirked.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if she was doing them…favors,” the leader grinned maliciously. “I wouldn’t mind getting a piece of that.”

Jisoo tried to stand but her legs failed her and she felt herself quivering. The headache from before came back ten times worse. Her head was spinning and her body was shaking. Is this how I’m going to end? In an alleyway at 7 a.m. without anyone to witness my impending doom?

The adrenaline rushed into her like a crashing wave and suddenly she found the energy to stand. The men started to approach her and one was about to grab her arm when she surprised him by elbowing him in the gut. He toppled over and another one made a grab for her hair.

Jisoo pulled back her arm and swung as hard as she could. Her hand throbbed after the punch and someone grabbed her arm roughly from behind.

She let out a piercing scream, past visions rushing to her head. “No, no, no! Let me go! Stop, stop, stop it!”

Suddenly the man was thrown off of her and he yelped in pain. The men scrambled back as Jin and Hoseok entered the alleyway, stepping towards them menacingly.

“Don’t ing touch her,” Hoseok seethed, picking up a scrambling man from the ground and throwing him back towards his gang.

“Leave,” Jin said coldly. “Before this gets ugly.”

Their leader glared at them with hatred but retreated with his men. Jisoo crumbled to the ground, her hands covering her ears and her eyes shut tight. “I don’t want to remember,” she repeated constantly. “Please leave me alone. I didn’t do anything.”

“Jisoo?” Jin asked carefully, kneeling to see if she was alright.

“Her hand is bleeding,” Hoseok said carefully.

Jin tried to pry her arm from her face when she screamed again, pushing him away. Jin quickly stepped back and gave Hoseok a grim look.

“Jisoo, we’re here to help you. We’ll take you to your apartment, okay?” Jin tried again.

Jisoo seemed to snap out of her trance and she looked up, the fear clearing from her eyes. “O-Okay,” she stuttered, her tongue-tied. Hoseok and Jin carefully helped her up, making sure not to grab her suddenly and walked with her to her apartment.

“I’m sorry… I just seem to cause you guys a lot of trouble,” she said softly.

Jin ruffled her hair and smiled. “Hey, you’re no trouble. We’ll always be here for you.”

“Ugh, cheesy,” Hoseok fake puked before turning to Jisoo. “Don’t make dumb decisions so early in the morning next time, Kitty.”

Jisoo, forgetting her previous fear, stuck her tongue out playfully and waved to them before heading into her room.

“Let’s go,” Jin nudged Hoseok as they walked towards Taehyung’s apartment door.

Jimin and Jungkook sat on the couch, while Taehyung sat on his bed, his arms propped up on his knees. The door burst open suddenly with Jin and Hoseok making a loud ruckus in the process.

“Did you hear what they said to her?! Those s. But she sure taught him a lesson,” Hoseok exclaimed wildly.

“Yes, I did hear,” Jin said, annoyed. “Now can you stop yelling in my ear?”

Hoseok smiled sheepishly and muttered an apology.

“Why are you two so loud in the morning?” Taehyung sighed, massaging his temples.

Jin and Hoseok exchanged a quick glance before looking away.

“Nothing,” they both replied at the same time.

Taehyung narrowed his eyes suspiciously, before turning to Hoseok since he was easier to squeeze information out from. “Spit it out, Hoseok or I’ll kick your .”

“Jisoo got attack

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter