Epilogue: Sunday (Part 7)

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday

She didn’t think she’d be scared, but she was nervous and frightened to the core as she stood in front of her old apartment building. It was still as shabby and grey and worn down as it was five years ago but the lack of changes made it seem all that more familiar to Jisoo.

After Namjoon finally revealed where Taehyung was, Jisoo was in no mind to go to her appointment so she skipped it altogether and turned around to go home. She had gotten honked at nearly ten times for her mindless driving but she couldn’t get herself to care. All that was on her mind was that Taehyung had been so close to her and she was stupid for not realizing.

Carefully and slowly climbing the steps up the dreary apartment complex, Jisoo stopped at room 209. Memories flooded to her mind as she recalled the room being her new ‘home’ and escape five years ago. She was so naïve and frail, she couldn’t believe she had the courage back then to just leave everything and start again.

“I wish I had that courage now,” Jisoo murmured to herself, pressing her head against the door of her old room.

Her eyes then roamed over to the room next door.

Room #210.

She raised her hand to knock when the door flung open. Jisoo stood there with her eyes wide open like a deer in headlights. Taehyung stood similarly frozen on the other side, looking down at her with shock written all over his face.

Taehyung quickly hid his surprise and the calm, stoic mask he always had came back instantly. Jisoo’s entire body quivered and she didn't know what to do. She’d always imagined their reunion to be somewhat like long lost lovers finally meeting. It’d be sweet, romantic, and utterly breath taking.

It was neither sweet nor romantic but it did take her breath away. She felt like she didn’t know how to breathe. What caught her attention most though was the black eye patch covering Taehyung’s right eye. Her eyes softened and she didn’t know why she felt a pang in her heart as she took in his appearance.

He was wearing a simple black wife beater and black pants. If anyone else were wearing that, they’d look plain but Taehyung shined. Without even realizing it, Jisoo’s hand lifted to gently touch the eye patch. Taehyung’s lips tightened and he winced backwards slightly before grabbing her wrist tightly.

“Jisoo.”

At the sound of her name rolling off his tongue, she jerked back and gasped. Stumbling back, she stepped away from him.

“Um.. I… I should go… I just… I just need some time…” She didn’t know what she was trying to say or what she wanted to say. All she knew was that she thought she’d been ready to see him but now she wasn’t so sure.

It was stupid really. She’d been desperately waiting for him for five years and she’d demanded the other boys to take her to Taehyung but now that she was actually in his presence, she wanted to run away.

Running away was what she was best at anyways. So she turned heel and began to run but Taehyung was quick. He grabbed her elbow and pulled her back, crushing her in a tight back hug.

Jisoo almost felt her legs collapse from under her. The warmth from his body surged through her and she felt tears spilling from her eyes.

“You idiot,” Jisoo choked out.

It wasn’t the most meaningful thing to say to someone she hadn’t seen in five years but she had nothing else to say and her emotions were beginning to get the best of her.

Taehyung’s hot breath against her ear made her shiver and she turned in his arms, facing him with tears streaming down her face. She smacked him lightly in the chest, knowing it wouldn’t hurt him.

“You said you’d be okay,” she cried softly.

Taehyung’s expression didn’t change but Jisoo knew him better than that. She saw the small changes about him that no one else could catch. His jaw slackened slightly and his eyes held desire and warmth in them as he looked down at her.

“I am okay.”

Jisoo reached up for the eye patch once again and before she could pull it off, Taehyung grabbed her hand, covering it with his own and pushing it away from his eye.

“It’s not as bad as you think.”

“Is that why Namjoon was bringing you medicine? Is that why you wouldn’t see me even after you got rid of Bang Shihyuk? Is that why—“

Taehyung pressed his lips to hers, quieting her immediately. Jisoo stood stock still until she finally got her senses back. She kissed him back with a passion she didn’t even know she had. She’d missed the feel of his lips against hers.

He spun her around, leading her back into his room. Using his back foot, he roughly kicked the door close. Jisoo pulled back, staring at the man she’d been waiting for, for nearly five and a half years. He tugged her gently to his bed where they both sat down at the edge, unsure of what to say to each other after so many years apart.

“I missed you,” Jisoo murmured, peeking up at him with shy eyes. Their eyes clashed and the smothering look he gave her made the heat rise to her face. For some reason she felt embarrassed and she quickly averted her gaze, unable to look at him.

“You’re going to avoid looking at me after five years? Really?” Taehyung said sarcastically.

Jisoo’s head snapped up, her face bright red.

“It’s because it’s been five years that I’m even more embarrassed!” Jisoo retorted, hiding her face behind her hair. Taehyung smirked and grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him.

“I missed you too.”

Jisoo’s heart fluttered and she smiled brightly. He made it so easy and simple to fall back into routine and pick up where they left off. It felt like she’d been transported back five years and she loved how safe she felt with him. She leaned forward and gave a feather soft kiss to his lips and he groaned.

“Since when did you become such a tease?”

Her eyes twinkled. “It’s a secret.”

Taehyung snorted before lifting himself off the bed and to the kitchen. Jisoo stood as well, following him into the kitchen just in time to see him pop two pills in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter