Chapter 2

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo remained on the floor for a long period of time after Taehyung left her apartment. Slowly, her body began to function again and she reached for the glass shards around her, attempting to clean up. She quickly dropped the shard as it sliced her palm. She couldn’t feel the pain; her entire body was just numb.

Slowly picking herself up, Jisoo quickly grabbed her cell phone, fumbling with the battery as she struggled to take it out. She chucked the phone to the side and threw the battery in the trash. Before Taehyung came in, she was getting ready to go out to find a job. She was making her usual morning coffee when her cell began ringing.

Against her better judgement, she answered the phone.

“Jisoo…” his voice slurred.

She dropped the cup of coffee in her hand as she gripped the phone tighter. The glass shattered around her but she could care less about the mess. Her trembling fingers fumbled to press the ‘end call’ button and once she disconnected the call, she stumbled backwards into her counter, causing a plate to come crashing to the ground.

“Oh god,” she repeated to herself as she sunk down to the floor. Calm yourself, calm yourself.

She didn’t even notice Taehyung enter her apartment until she saw him standing right in front of her. What a way to make a first impression on your new neighbor, she thought sarcastically to herself. He left as quickly as he came and she was glad he didn’t ask any questions.

Pulling herself together, she sluggishly pulled on a pair of jeans and a long sleeve button down. She glanced outside the window and noticed the sun beaming down, indicating a hot day was ahead of her. She returned her gaze to the mirror and grimaced as she saw the glaring red fingerprint marks around her neck. Her hand instinctively went to touch the soon-to-be bruises and she sighed shakily.

Grabbing an infinity scarf from her bag, she wrapped it around her neck, making sure that the mark wasn’t visible. It was easy to cover the bruises and scars on her arms but her neck was another problem altogether. She couldn’t wear scarves forever, especially in the summer, or else people would begin to get suspicious.

“I’ll have to buy concealer today…” she said to herself, glancing in the mirror one more time before pulling on her red converses and heading out the door.

She tried to lock her door but the hinges were bent at awkward angles and she frowned. Ah, she remembered. Her neighbor had basically broken the door with his knocking.

She’d have to get it fixed later; it’s not like she had anything of value that anyone would want to steal anyways.

Closing her door as best as she could, she walked out of her apartment building with the goal of securing a job.

Much to her relief, an elderly man hired her for the night shift at the convenience store close to her apartment building. She’d definitely have to repay his kindness someway or another. She bowed multiple times to the man, thanking him but he waved her off with a tender smile on his face.

Jisoo stepped out of the convenience store feeling accomplished. But a night shift at the convenience store would barely cover her living costs. She still needed another job to pay for any other expenses that might arise. Walking idly around on the streets, she came across a bar called Suga Monster.

Her curiosity peaked as she took in the sight of the club. For a club in downtown Seoul, it was much nicer than most of the other clubs she had seen. She stepped inside hesitantly, taking in the atmosphere of the club. It definitely wasn’t a sleazy e club like the other ones in the area.

It was clean and classy much to her surprise. She walked over to the bar and sat on a stool, continuing to admire its sophisticated atmosphere.

“Can I help you?”

She nearly jumped out of her skin. A boy with chocolate brown hair and a playful expression, who looked to be a bit older than her, smirked at her across the counter, as he continued to clean the glass cup in his hand.

“Uh…” she sputtered. “I’m here looking for a job.”

His eyebrows shot up as he took in her appearance. She bit the inside of her cheek, as she saw him look her up and down. She knew the answer before he said it.

“Sorry but I don’t think a girl like you should be working at a club. Even if it is a decent club like ours,” he said, placing the cup down.

Any other day, Jisoo would politely bow her head and thank him before leaving. However, today she was desperate.

She was tired of being judged.

She was tired of playing the good girl role.

She was angry.

“Listen here, mister,” she snapped, surprising the boy. The two boys who sat near her, one with a slightly long face and brown hair and the other with platinum blonde hair, also turned their heads to stare at the scene. “I need this job and I don’t care if you don’t think I’m cut out for it. I can take care of myself!”

She huffed after her slight rant, her cheeks turning a rosy pink from anger. The boy’s eyebrows shot up higher than they were before if that were even possible.

“Aw, come on Yoongi. Just give her the job,” the long faced boy said.

“Shut up, Hoseok,” Yoongi shot back. He then turned to face Jisoo who returned his look with ferocity in her eyes. “What’s yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter