Epilogue: Tuesday (Part 2)

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tuesday

After Jisoo’s encounter with “Jungkook,” she felt as if she couldn’t focus on anything properly anymore. She was laden with worry and hope at the same time. She silently prayed for all the boys to be alright and for her to see Taehyung soon but she wondered if what happened yesterday was a fluke.

“Jisoo!”

Jisoo jumped, startled out of her deep thoughts and smiled apologetically to her co-worker. “Sorry, Euna… I was a little distracted.”

Euna just shook her head understandingly and motioned to the clock. “You’re done for today! You were kind of spacing out so I thought I’d let you know you can leave now,” she laughed.

“Oh…right!” Jisoo blushed prettily and thanked her quickly. She packed away her folders in her purse and bowed to everyone in the office before making her way to the exit. Her co-workers waved goodbye good naturedly and returned to their work.

“Did you hear?” One of the teachers passing by whispered to her friend. Jisoo instantly recognizd her as Lee Seulbi, the daycare teacher's student assistant. 

“Hear what?”

“The Seoul Investigation Team found a note hidden in Bang Shihyuk’s clothes when they took his corpse in for investigation.”

Jisoo stopped in her tracks and turned her head slightly to the two teachers, knowing it was rude to eavesdrop but unable to help herself.

“Bang Shihyuk? The man who was found dead yesterday? Oh no… What did it say?”

Seulbi audibly gulped. “It said ‘we are alive.’ It’s like even when the gang leader’s dead, the gang is giving off a message saying they’re still active and thriving. We all better be careful on the streets.”

The two teachers walked off so Jisoo was unable to catch the latter half of their conversation but her mind was buzzing.

We are alive? What did that mean?

She continued pondering over her thoughts as she exited the building when the sound of crying caught her attention. Over at the playground, she saw her six-year-old student on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter