Chapter 18

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warmth spread through her body as Jisoo rolled on her side. She felt secure and comfortable with Taehyung’s arm propped around her waist. Blinking away the rest of her sleep, she opened her eyes and tilted her head slightly upwards to get a view of Taehyung. For the first time she noticed how long his eyelashes were and how peaceful he looked when he wasn’t so busy glaring at everything and everyone.

Jisoo couldn’t help but giggle at her thoughts and was surprised when he spoke.

“Can you stop staring at me while I sleep? You’re creeping me out,” he droned, monotonously.

Jisoo stifled a small laugh, blushing and apologized. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

She was about to flip over and hide under the blanket from embarrassment, when he pulled her closer to his chest and rested his chin on top of her head.

“Why are you so embarrassed? Where’d all the confidence from yesterday go?” Taehyung asked, smirking slightly.

Her cheeks flushed pink and she smacked him on the chest lightly. “Shut up,” she mumbled. She ducked her head low so he couldn’t see her face.

Before Taehyung could reply, Jisoo’s phone began to ring and she sighed. She had been ignoring it all night but the constant ringing and buzzing was finally getting on her nerves.

“I think I have to get this,” she groaned, reluctantly pulling herself out from Taehyung’s arms.

He released her and rolled onto his back, placing his arm above his eyes to block the light and get more sleep.

Jisoo pulled the blankets off and grumpily walked over to the nightstand to get her phone.

Caller ID: Sujin

Her eyes widened and she glared at her phone. She should have erased Sujin and Eunbi from her contacts the moment after they came and threw a tantrum at Taehyung’s apartment that one time, showing their true evil colors.

But she had to admit, she was curious as to why Sujin was calling her now after they parted on such horrible terms. She hesitated for a moment before pressing the ‘answer’ button.

“Hello?” Jisoo said shortly.

Taehyung glanced at Jisoo from his peripheral vision, wondering who she was talking to.

“H-Hello?” Sujin’s frail voice said through the phone.

“What do you want? Make it short because I don’t want to bother with you,” Jisoo replied frankly.

“Jisoo I’m so sorry about what happened last time. I was… I wasn’t thinking straight and I’m just so sorry for everything. I don’t know what to do now though,” Sujin said, her voice cracking as she tried to hold herself together.

“Who is it?” Taehyung asked, now sitting up in his bed.

Jisoo glanced at him for a moment before mouthing ‘just someone I know’.

“What’s wrong Sujin?” Jisoo asked, now slightly worried.

Taehyung racked his brain, trying to match the name to a face and it finally clicked when he recalled the two girls who had come looking for Jisoo a while ago. But what did they want with her again after screaming such nasty things at her last time?

“Jisoo it’s horrible!” Sujin wailed. “Taecyeon is out of control. He’s been drinking so much. Like more than usual and you know he already drinks a lot. And…” She trailed off.

Jisoo clenched her phone, trying to calm her trembling hand. “And what? Spit it out.”

“He keeps asking for you, Jisoo. He keeps talking about you and mentioning your name and saying weird things,” Sujin replied weakly, sniffling.

Jisoo had no pity for the girl as she sobbed through the phone. “What did he say?”

Sujin was silent for a beat. “He… He said he—“ Suddenly a scream echoed through the phone and Jisoo flinched, pulling the phone away from her ear for a moment.

When she put the phone back to her ear, the line had gone dead and the phone just kept beeping.

“What’s going on? What did your friend need to tell you?” Taehyung asked gruffly.

Jisoo turned to see him dressed in a loose white v-neck and some ripped jeans. “I don’t know… Something about Taecyeon but then the line went dead.”

Taehyung’s eyes turned cold at the mention of Taecyeon.

A beep caught both of their attention and Jisoo looked at the new message she had on her phone.

From: Sujin
To: Jisoo

Jisoo, I’m sorry for doing this to you but I need to talk to you in person. I think he’s tapping into my phone calls. Meet me at the café we always went to when we were in high school… you know… the usual. Please.

Taehyung grabbed Jisoo by the shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter