Chapter 11

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What apartment did Jisoo say she lived in?” A girl with long, wavy black hair asked. Her companion, a girl with short, straight hair and designer items on her body from head to toe, shrugged nonchalantly.

“How am I supposed to know? Ugh,” she scrunched her nose and shirked away from the man sitting on the steps of a dilapidated building, giving her a lecherous wink. “Why the hell is Jisoo living here? Taecyeon oppa could’ve given her a nice place at the Palace Hotel if she wanted to be alone for a while.”

“Eunbi, you know why she couldn’t go to Taecyeon,” the other girl said, frowning. “He’s the reason she ran here in the first place.”

Eunbi scoffed. “Please. Jisoo’s just being a big baby. Taecyeon oppa is handsome, tall, rich and a police officer. He’s basically perfect. I would certainly love to have a piece of that.” At the look her friend shot her, Eunbi smirked. “Oh please, don’t tell me you’ve never had a crush on Taecyeon, Sujin.”

Sujin averted her gaze. “That was a long time ago before we found out he was abusive and an alcoholic. We’re on Jisoo’s side. We’re her friends and we need to try to convince her to come back and make up with Taecyeon so he doesn’t do something stupid.”

“Jisoo’s friend?” Eunbi laughed hysterically. “You must be joking. You’ve always secretly disliked her because of her relationship with Taecyeon and I only hung out with her because she was such a pushover. She paid for everything and did everything we told her.”

A sigh escaped Sujin’s lips as Eunbi continued to list the reasons why they were not Jisoo’s friend.

“You can say whatever you want. We’re still here to talk some sense into Jisoo.” Sujin stopped at a crossroad and glanced at the map on her iPhone. “Look, I think that building up there is Jisoo’s apartment,” she said, pointing to a two-story building with chipped paint.

“Ugh, let’s just hurry up and get this over with so I can get out of this dump. I so need an appointment at the spa after this,” Eunbi growled under her breath.

Jisoo woke up after a long night of peaceful rest, which hadn’t happened in a long time. She was surprised considering the horrible night she had before with her encounter with Taecyeon. Her eyes took a moment to adjust and she blinked away the remaining bleariness.

Tilting her neck up just the slightest bit, she stared at Taehyung’s sleeping face and blushed. He looked so different when he was scowling at her all the time. She didn’t dare to breathe to heavily or move a muscle in fear of waking him and this serene moment.

She curled back up close to his chest and closed her eyes, the warmth making her drowsy again. Taehyung woke next to see Jisoo gripping onto his shirt in her sleep. He didn’t know whether to laugh at the absurd situation, stay eerily still or push her away. He opted for the second option and remained stone still.

He slept with a girl in his bed. More specifically he slept with Jisoo in his bed. In one bed. One ing bed.

He must have been crazy to have let her sleep in his room, much less his bed, last night. All he could remember was the irrational anger he felt when Taecyeon touched her and the sudden possessiveness and need to protect the small girl. He had to admit, though, she was beautiful when she was sleeping and the warmth radiating from her body was nice against his cool skin.

Taehyung reached over Jisoo’s body slowly and quietly to grab his phone from the nightstand.

12:28 p.m.

What the actual .

He was a man who always woke up at 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. at the latest. He never stayed in bed too long since he hated wasting time doing nothing. But here he was, still in his sheets with a girl tucked under his arm. Everything about the scene was completely un-Taehyung-like.

Taehyung tried to sit up when suddenly Jisoo’s grip on his shirt tightened and she jerked awake. She sat up abruptly, bumping heads with Taehyung.

“Ow!” she cried as he hissed in pain. She straightened and lifted her head just as Taehyung turned to glower down at her and their lips brushed in a feather light movement.

They both froze, staring at each other with wide eyes. Jisoo stared at him with shock and a dash of hope, while Taehyung stared at her with something darker in his eyes.

Jisoo was the first to snap out of it and she stiffly pulled back. “I’m so sorry. That was an accident. I just—“

“It’s fine,” Taehyung cut her off gruffly.

“Ok,” she squeaked quietly.

She watched in silence as he pulled the sheets off and climbed out of bed, grabbing a clean shirt and jeans from his drawers before heading to the bathroom. The door slammed shut and she winced. Did the kiss make him that mad?

“Calm down, Jisoo,” she muttered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter