Chapter 11

The Great Story

                Krystal Jung is one of the most beautiful actresses on the South Korean entertainment industry, known for her alabaster skin, gorgeous deep set eyes, long flowing hair and slender fingers that send shivers down your spine. She has had the privilege of working with some of the most popular actors on this side of the world and from her past experience, they have all been under her spell, staring into her eyes longer than necessary or standing much too close on purpose or even slipping their number in her pocket.

                When she met Luhan, a rather scrawny Kpop idol and honestly too pretty to be a boy, she smiled to herself. This is gonna be a cinch.

                Then why is she getting so frustrated at him?

                “Excuse me, Luhan?”

                No answer.

                “Luhan?”

                Silence.

                “Luhan!!”

                “Huh? What?”

                “The director said he wants us on the bed this time.” She crossed her arms and glared at him, the flowy lingerie tickling against her skin. Personally, she didn’t like the garment since it makes her itchy, but a stupid flimsy thing is the least of her worries. Her co-star is not paying any attention to her or the scene they were supposed to act. And there was no spark when she kissed him. He may as well be dead. He didn’t even want to look at her most of the time. And Krystal is one of the most beautiful girls God could ever create.

                This isn’t just annoying. It’s also plain insulting.

                “Oh really?” was his answer. Luhan played with the ends of his black singlet. Krystal nodded and they lay down on the bed. Luhan was nice enough to put his hand behind her head, cradling it as they both fell on the bed. Krystal sighed. Hopefully this will go well.

                “Action!” the music started playing and Luhan carefully mimed his mouth in time with the lyrics. He Krystal’s hair and nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck. Krystal played with his brown curls and pulled his face to hers, leaning in to kiss him again. They were about 4 seconds into the kiss when the director yelled “CUT!”

                “Aw man!” Krystal groaned, sitting up with Luhan. The director was rubbing his temples and tapping his foot.

                “Something is missing from this scene. I don’t feel any spark from Luhan at all.”

                “Here here.” Krystal mumbled, side-eyeing Luhan. Luhan heaved a heavy sigh.

                “I’ll give you ten minutes to go and collect yourself together.” The director waved him off and Luhan got off the set. Baekhyun was watching him worriedly. “Luhan, are you…”

                “Just leave me alone.” He pushed Baekhyun aside and went into the dressing room, almost slamming the door on his way in. He slumped down on the chair and knocked his head against the table. This is much harder than he thought. He could feel the tears stinging in his eyes.

                What if he really couldn’t do this? What if he really was that bad? Luhan was disappointed and frustrated in himself. He wanted nothing more than to just give up, but he couldn’t. That’s not Luhan.

                He picked up the script and read through it again. He closed his eyes and tried to imagine touching Krystal. Krystal’s beautiful face appeared, but then there’s another image that was stronger. Someone with a sharp jawline, brown orbs and perfect lips.

                Sehun.

                Luhan couldn’t stop thinking about Sehun since yesterday. He thought back to the time when he and Sehun made out. The flurry of butterflies in his stomach, the heat of his skin and the way he tastes…Luhan could feel the hairs on his arms stand up.

                Pretend she is Sehun. That can’t be hard right?

                He figured there was no sense in not trying it, since he’s desperate enough. He closed his eyes again and fantasised of Sehun in the most devious way possible. Two bodies , his legs intertwined with his, his arms holding him close and his lips covering every inch of his body.

                “I’m ready.” Luhan said as he opened the door. Baekhyun was taken aback by his teammate. Luhan’s eyes, demeanour and even his posture were different. He was in the mood!! He finally got the feeling!

                “Action!” the director said. Luhan pulled Krystal on bed and flipped her around. She was shocked and taken aback. She was close to screaming but Luhan shut her up with a kiss. And what a kiss it was.

                Baekhyun couldn’t help but smirk. I’m gonna bet all the money I have that he isn’t even thinking about her when he kissed her.

                If that’s the case Baekhyun would certainly be the richest person alive. Luhan had no thought of Krystal at all. He was too busy kissing Sehun. Or at least in his head he thinks he’s kissing Sehun. He dragged his hand up and down her thigh as she pulled him closer, running her hands through his hair.

                “This is perfect! This is exactly what I want!” the director clapped his hands in glee, almost knocking into Baekhyun. He yelled cut and clapped loudly.

                “Great job!! That is exactly the kind of fire I want!” the director motioned as if giant balls of fire would come out from his hands. Luhan wiped under his lips and Krystal tried to comb her own hair with her fingers.

                When the shoot ended, she was thoroughly impressed by her scrawny, feminine looking partner. Who knew he had it in him? She went to him at the end of the shoot.

                “Great job.” She said, putting out a hand and shaking his.

                “Thanks.” Luhan smiled. “It was nice working with you.”

                “Same here. I didn’t know you had the guts to do that.” She elbowed him and Luhan laughed. “Do you wanna hang out sometime?”

                “I’d like to but,” he said, grabbing his backpack. “I’m really busy so…”

                “It’s fine.”

                “I’ll see you around though.” Luhan waved and ran off to join his teammate, who was waiting for him at the doorway. Baekhyun pulled him into a hug and he interlaced his arm with Luhan’s, teasing him about his performance. Luhan laughed and they walked off together. Krystal shook her head and turned around.

                He’s probably gay.

                                                                                ******************

                “How do you usually go home Yixing?” Kris asked me as I closed all the lights in his office and pulled the blinds close.

                “I usually take the bus.”

                “I’ll give you a lift today.”

                “Really?” I whipped my head. What does he want this time?

                “I do have dinner with Tao tonight. I might as well pick him up as well.”

                “Oh right.” I snapped my fingers, remembering that he has a dinner appointment with Tao. “You really didn’t have to do this though. I could always get him to meet you at the restaurant.”

                “It’s alright. Besides I thought that meeting him and picking him is much nicer that way. It’ll give me a chance to get to know him better.”

                “And this has nothing to do with the fact that you may be, or possibly, just a small percentage, attracted to him?” I grinned as we got into his Ferrari.

                “Huang Zitao is very attractive, I will not deny that.” The fact that we went from Tao back to Huang Zitao did not escape my ears. “But this is strictly professional.”

                “Let’s see how long this lasts.” I scoffed.

                “What?”

                “I said the mailman just passed.” I lied, turning on the AC.

                When we were on our way home, we passed the college apartments. I could see Kyungsoo playing with his friends. They seem to be kicking a ball around. I waved at him and he waved back, tossing the ball with the balls of his feet.

                “Tao? I’m home!” I said, dumping my things as we entered our house. Kris stepped in, rubbing his feet against the mat. He stopped to look at Tao’s trophies.

                “Would you like something to drink?” I asked, calling from the kitchen.

                “No thanks, I’m good.”

                “Fine then. Tao?! Tao! Where are you?!”

                “I’m coming!! Yixing, I need you help! Where is your blue… oh hello.” Tao sprinted down the steps, stopping abruptly when he came face to face, or face to chest, with Kris.

                “What are you doing here so early?” Tao nearly tripped over in his stocking feet. His hair was still wet, he was dressed in a blue shirt and ripped jeans. I could smell cologne on his hands, which meant he was supposed to be dressing up but stopped halfway.

                “I was dropping Yixing off from work and I figured since I’m on the way I might as well pick you up for our dinner appointment.”

                “Right, well you have to give me a couple of minutes.”

                “Take your time princess.”

                “Say what?” Tao turned and glared at him. I bit my lip. Ouch, Tao does not like to be called princess at all.

                “Just take your time.” Kris smiled unknowingly. Tao narrowed his eyes and dragged me upstairs. As we climbed up the stairs, I could hear him whisper “Princess.”

                “Just so you know,” Tao spat back at a smug Kris. “This ‘princess’ could whip your so bad you’ll wish you were never born.”

                “I’m afraid I’m the one doing the whipping most of the time.” He gave a sly smile and Tao glared at him.

                “Don’t count on it.” Tao turned and dragged me, not caring if we were on the staircase or if I almost tripped. He slammed his bedroom door and groaned.

                “Tao, I am so sorry about what he said but you know he’s a . I’ve told you that before.”

                “God ing Jesus isn’t he the iest motherer you have ever met?” Tao fanned himself.

                Oh boy.

                "I mean, I know he's annoying and frustrating and rude but that's what makes him hot!! Do you get me?" No I don't. “Oh god I think I’m about to pop a .”

                “I think you already have.” I pointed to a pretty obvious bump and Tao cursed. “Quick say something to kill it!”

                “Okay, er… think of sweaty armpits. Sour milk, cute kitties or er…hairy s!”

                “Hairy s? Really?”

                “No but it worked didn’t it?” I said, motioning downwards.

                “Thanks.” Tao said. “Help me pick out something to wear.”

                After 15 minutes we finally got something pulled together. A red leather jacket, black undershirt, the ripped jeans he was already wearing and leather sneakers, which are mine. Tao threw on some of his accessories and lots and lots of hairspray, which should really contribute well to global warming. The environmentalists would probably name Tao “Nature’s No.1 Enemy” is they see his hairspray collection.

                “Oh god Tao!” I gagged at the overpowering smell. “Are you going for dinner or trying to kill my boss with that?”

                “If I come back with my hair looking like this, I’ll be having the last laugh.” He said, putting down the bottles.

                “Just be nice to him. I still need my job you know.”

                “Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to screw him over.”

                “But if you want, just add some mustard in his soup or something. He made me text the mayor while I was in the bathroom.”

                “Done.” He fist bumped me and left with Kris. I waved goodbye and proceeded to the kitchen to make some ramen for myself. Later that night, while I was reading, I got a picture text from Tao of Kris gulping down water with the message “Done.”

                Just so you know, I hate being bothered in the bathroom.

                                                                                *************************

                Some days are ty. Just plain ty. The kind of days were nothing goes right, where everything is ed up and you feel like you could die.

                Baekhyun was having one of those days. Bright Byun Baekhyun, the life of the party, the chipper one, the moodmaker, the happy one, the smiley one, the hyper one. He has always been described as an energizer bunny, always on full.

                But every battery dies, and on that day, Baekhyun’s battery gave way. His waist injury was killing him. He had no time for a checkup, and not much time for anything else honestly. His comeback was in a couple of days and he’s getting really tense and stressed. Baekhyun is a great singer. No, scratch that, he is a FANTASTIC singer. Kris knows that, the fans know that, Minseok and Jongdae know that, Luhan knows that and most importantly he knows that too. Perhaps it’s too many people knowing the same thing all at once, because that’s when shared information becomes a fact.

                To prove a fact is quite possibly the toughest thing Baekhyun ever has to do. Jongdae really pushed him to the ends with their new album, and the choreography is no piece of cake either. Top that with an injury, hectic schedules and a pinch of homesickness, you can imagine how terrible messed up he is feeling.

                Baekhyun laid down on his bed in his dorm. Luhan was taking a shower, and he could hear the water spraying down on him. Baekhyun stared at his phone. It was 3.30 in the morning. He needed to hear someone’s thick and deep voice.

                “Hello?” there’s a familiar gruffness in Chanyeol’s voice that soothes Baekhyun at some point, but then afterwards, the pang hits him and he started crying. Baekhyun tried to say something, but all he could feel is hot tears on his cheek and a choked gasp escaping his lips.

                “Baekkie? Baekkie baby, is everything okay?”

                “Yeah,” Baekhyun whispered. “I’m tired that’s all.”

                “You sound like you’re crying, are you sure?”

                “It’s hard Yeollie.” Baekhyun admitted, gripping his shirt. “I miss you so much, my waist hurts like hell, Jongdae yelled at me today and I just can’t seem to do anything right.”

                “Oh Baekkie…”

                “I miss you like hell Chanyeol,” Baekhyun sniffed, wiping his tears. “I wish you were here.”

                “We’ll see each other again soon, I promise.” Chanyeol said, shifting himself. Baekhyun could hear a little yawn escaping his lips from across the phone. He felt bad that he had to wake him up for his selfish reasons.

                “Sometimes I wish I wasn’t doing this.” Baekhyun said.

                “Don’t say that. You love singing; you didn’t strive all these years for nothing.” Chanyeol reminded him. “I know its hard baby, I’m sorry. I wish I could be there to save you. I wish I could.”

                “I love you Chanyeol.”

                “I love you too baby.”

                Mama always said be careful what you wish for. I didn’t understand why she said that. How is wishing for something a dangerous thing?

                There's also the saying 'Mama is always right.'

 

A/N: Another update as usual! Thank you all for your lovely support! Don't worry, all the couples will be pushed forward more starting from this chapter. It also won't be long till Sehun's confession comes out, so stay tuned!!

As a gift, here's a pic of proposing Chanyeol!