Chapter 9

The Great Story

                “Your friend is pretty cute.” Baekhyun said, not looking up from the magazine on his lap.

                “Who? Sehun?” Luhan asked, checking himself in the mirror.

                “Yep.”

                “Yeah, I get that a lot.” Luhan chuckled a little. “I’ve known him ever since I was a trainee. We trained together for about 4 years until he dropped out.”

                “Why did he do that?”

                Luhan shrugged. “Guess he just wasn’t cut out for it. He’s always wanted to pursue modelling professionally and he figured staying with Starling wasn’t gonna get him anywhere.”

                “I can understand that. Staying with Starling isn’t exactly like staying in the Four Seasons.” Baekhyun nodded, holding out his magazine. “I like how this magazine photographed us. We came out really nicely!”

                “Let me see.” Luhan walked over and looked at himself in the magazine. “Luckily they didn’t capture my eye bags. I looked like a panda on that day.”

                “They also did a cover on Choi Minho the actor.” Baekhyun flipped a page and read. “Look at this, he said that his dream is to be a famous movie director, like Ang Lee.”

                “Really?”

                “According to the interview.” Baekhyun shrugged. He turned in his chair to face his partner. “Luhan?”

                “Yep?”

                “What’s your dream?”

                “My dream?”

                “I mean your aspirations.” Baekhyun explained. “Where do you see yourself in the next 5 or 10 years after this? What do you really want in life?”

                “Well…” you would think with all the time he had as a trainee, he would have thought of some answer to a question like that, but nothing popped up. He was probably too busy thinking about debuting rather than planning what came after it. “What do you want?”

                “Me?” Baekhyun looked at him. “Well, honestly, I’d like to be married by then.”

                “And?”

                “Maybe we’d live together, have kids and you know…do normal stuff.” He shrugged again. “I kinda miss normalcy. I’d like to have that in the future.”

                “You don’t have dreams about your career?”

                “Of course I do, but my career isn’t what’s gonna sustain me for life. People retire when they are of age. I have to think of something that would keep me company till the day I die.”

                “So your ultimate goal is just to get married?”

                “I guess.”

                Luhan snorted. “Good luck finding someone. I don’t know how you even have time to date with our schedules like this.”

                “I wouldn’t worry about that.” Baekhyun just smiled. “You?”

                “Me?” gosh, how does one start to answer a question like that? “I can see myself being famous in the next 5 years.”

                “And?”

                “Maybe I’ll be an actor by then. Maybe I’ll have a Hollywood career! We’ll go on tour all over the world, perform for presidents and royalty. I’ll have my name on a huge marquee in New York with sold out Broadway shows to my name. The first Asian to win an Oscar, Tony and Grammy! My name will be carved on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and we’ll be the youngest duo ever inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!”

                “Woah, that’s ambitious.”

                “It is but can’t you see it?” Luhan stared off dreamily. “I can just picture myself doing all those. Maybe it’ll take longer than 10 years but who cares? I’m made for this and I’ve already made it this far. I can’t stop now.”

                “So you’ve got no intentions to settle down?”

                “Settle down?” Luhan scoffed a little. “No way. I can’t have a relationship now. It’s way too complicated.”

                “Why not?”

                “You know how relationships are. All they want is your care and attention. Always whining for gifts on anniversaries and birthdays and all that repetitious texting and calling…it’s just way too clingy for me. I’m my own man and I want freedom!”

                “So you’ve never fallen for anyone?” Luhan shook his head in answer. “I did have crushes here and there, but nothing serious.”

                “So you’re telling me that since we made our debut, you haven’t found anyone interesting or eye catching enough to win your heart?”

                “I’m not putting my heart out there anyways.”

                “That’s sad.”

                Luhan looked at Baekhyun, his hair full of curlers. He put his hand on his hip. “What's that supposed to mean? You think I’m pathetic or something?”

                “You’re not pathetic,” Baekhyun answered. “I just think it’s sad you’re not giving love a chance. I mean, it’s a great feeling to fall in love. It makes you feel like a different person.”

                “You mean like a lovesick doll with puppy eyes?”

                “No,” Baekhyun sighed. “Okay, think about it this way. We’re singing songs about love and desire right? Especially Moonlight. How can you sing about love when you haven’t even been in love?”

                “I can fake my way through it. That’s called acting.”

                “Acting can only take you so far.” Baekhyun said. “Like you’re supposed to act with Krystal Jung the actress for our new music video. You guys are supposed to act as a couple madly in love and full of bewitching desire. How are you going to do that if you have no further experience?”   

                “I’ll just work on it and study my lines.”

                “Do you even know how to kiss?”

                “I know how to kiss!”

                “Yeah right,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “When’s your first kiss?”

                “When I was in second grade with a girl named Debby.”

                “Did you kiss her?”

                “Well…” Luhan paused for a while. “It was kind of like a peck…”

                “Have you ever made out?”

                “I…”

                “Bet you haven’t had .”

                “Will you just shut up?!” Luhan snapped, feeling rather annoyed. “I’m not a prude or anything.”

                “No, you’re just a lonely soul.”

                “As if you’re any better. I don’t see you having or anything. At least I got the lead. You’re just playing Krystal’s brother.”

                “That is not something I mind.” Baekhyun stood up and straightened his jacket. Jodi called for them as they headed out of their dressing room and towards the stage.

                “Do you have to try to one-up me every time?”

                “I’m not trying to one-up you; I’m just stating the facts. Whether or not you decide to be forever alone is your business but at least try to give love a chance. It would have helped you with your acting.” Baekhyun said.

                “Just wait till filming and see. I’m gonna show you what acting is really like.”

                “Fine.”

                “Alright, you boys are on. Smile and act chipper!” Jodi cheered them on as they heard the cries of the crowd.

                Luhan sighed and shut his eyes for a few minutes. Smile and act chipper. Baekhyun looked at Luhan and took his hand. They walked out on stage together to the sounds of the roaring crowd.

                Smile and act chipper. Two of the very things they have learnt to do very well.

                                                                                ****************

                Luhan hates to be defied. He believed that anything anyone said he couldn’t do, he could do, and do much better too. When Baekhyun said he couldn’t act being in love without actually falling in love, Luhan felt compelled to do just that to prove Baekhyun wrong.

                This time, however, Baekhyun could be right. Luhan had started training with his acting coach, Kim Kibum (who everyone calls Mr. Key or Diva Key) and his coach kept slapping him with his leather gloves.

                “No no no!!!” Mr. Key slapped him with every ‘no’. “Where’s the emotion? The fire? The passion?”

                “I’m trying my best Mr. Key.” Luhan sighed, feeling exasperated.

                “No no no,” another 3 slaps. “Trying isn’t enough. You have to feel it.” Mr. Key waved his hand about while trying to make his point. Luhan stared as his coach’s perfectly manicured fingers and sighed again.

                “I can’t feel anything at this moment.”

                “You are lousy!” another slap. “You have to act with this woman, no?” Mr. Key worked in France for a while, and every so often a tiny tinge of his French accent popped out, and it was not a good sign. French meant that he was getting annoyed and bossy.

                “Yes?”

                “Kissing is an art. You have to feel ze emotion and passion in your body. I want you to lust for this woman with every fibre of your body. I want you to use your tongue and explore like a cavern of hidden treasures. I want you to use your hands and caress her body.”

                “I can’t do that!”

                “Why? Are you gay? That’s eazy, just pretend she iz a man.”

                “That’s not the point, Mr. Key.” Luhan rolled his eyes. “You said that I should lust for her but I’m not attracted to her! I haven’t even met her!”

                “Zen I suggest you look at her picture every night until then and imagine her . Picture her ies in the open air in front of you, feel her soft skin…”

                “Mr. Key please…”

                “If you are gay, zat is fine. Just imagine your lover with a blonde wig and dressed in women’s lingerie. Do you know how many gay men there are in Kpop?”

                “Mr. Key,” Luhan groaned. “I am not going to e to her picture. It’s weird. And my uality is not the point.”

                “Then I suggest you get a partner. Practice with her, or him, if that’s your case.”

                “Will that help build up the emotion?”

                “It will at least give you some first hand experience. If you can fool your partner, you can fool millions of people all over ze world.” Mr. Key waved his hands about. “Or watch . Lots of . And not just mindless ing , it needs to be with .”

                “Thanks.” Luhan nodded. thing aside, at least Mr. Key was able to give him the best advice he had heard all day.

                But, a partner? Where is he gonna find one on such short notice?

                It has to be someone he knows well enough who will help him out and won’t ridicule him about it. Baekhyun would probably laugh in his face while Jodi has her own family. Mr. Key is good but all that slapping with the gloves turned him off.

                Luhan walked out of the studio with his head hung down low and his back slouched. He was about to leave when his phone rang.

                “Hello?”

                “Hey Luhan!” It was Sehun, and judging from the time, he must have finished work.

                “What’s up?”

                “I just finished work and I was wondering if you wanna come out and catch a movie or something.”

                “Sehun…you know I can’t.”

                “Okay, how about we meet at your place and we’ll watch Shawshank Redemption? You like that flick, don’t you?”

                “Uhm…hey Sehun.” Luhan could feel himself tensing up. He face-palmed himself at the thought of his next action. “I could use your help tonight.”

                “What? Got something for me to move?” he chuckled.

                “No! I’m filming a music video tomorrow and I haven’t memorized my lines.”

                “Oh boy, you are in deep trouble mister.”

                “I know, so I need someone to run through my lines with. Can you help?”

                “Sure. Tonight at 8?”

                “Yeah. I’ll have some pizza ready.”

                “Awesome! See you tonight!”

                Luhan hung up and he face-palmed himself again. Calm down, Sehun will be okay with this. He’s my best friend and he won’t feel awkward. Sehun’s done a bit of acting too. He’s good. It’ll be fine. Everything is going to be okay.

                With the pizza on the table and Luhan all clean and freshened up, he sat on the couch waiting for Sehun to turn up. Sehun is known for his punctuality. He watched the clock hand move and he counted internally.

                3….2….1…

                KNOCK KNOCK

                “Right on time.” Luhan smiled to himself for his incredible accuracy. He was about to open the door and make a joke about his predictability when he saw Sehun and dropped his jaw.

                Sehun is a ing Adonis. Not that he has always been ugly but sometimes Luhan had forgotten how handsome his best friend is. Standing at 6 feet tall, broad shoulders with some hella toned arms; he was wearing a dark undershirt and leather vest and tight jeans. It was so casual but maybe because he is a model, he makes everything look like it came from a couture store. He just redid the roots of his hair and what caught Luhan’s attention was the gorgeous tattoo on his left arm.

                “You have a tattoo?!” the singer half-screeched.

                “Oh no, it’s temporary. I need it for a shoot tomorrow so I had it done just now.” Sehun walked in as Luhan closed the door. Luhan couldn’t help but make his gaze travel down his best friend’s back and down to his . Luhan slapped himself across this cheek. Get a hold of yourself! He’s you best friend for ’s sake!

                “Do you like it?”

                “Like what?” Luhan panicked, like a deer caught in headlights.

                “My tattoo.”

                “Oh,” he breathed a sigh of relief. “Uhm, yeah, I think it looks cool.”

                “Do you think I should make it permanent?”

                “Uh…” If he gets a tattoo for real, he’s gonna look hot. And if he gets any hotter, I’m in trouble! “Aren’t models discouraged from having tattoos? Don’t they usually prefer those without any, you know, like a clean slate?”

                “That’s true.” Sehun nodded, eating his pizza. “Ah well, no tattoo then.” Luhan didn’t know why he did that, and why he feels so relieved yet a little sad at the same time.

                After all the pizza, washed down with a helping of soda, Luhan finally bought out his script for the music video to show to Sehun.

                “So I’m supposed to act with Krystal Jung, and we’re supposed to play a couple.”

                “That’s not too hard.”

                “The hard part is all this stuff here.” Luhan flipped the pages.

                “Ah, so there’s a make out on the bed and some third base stuff here.” Sehun read the script as if he was a professional. “What’s so difficult?”

                “I don’t know. I just have a hard time trying to get the emotions right.”

                “Have you met her yet?”

                “No.”

                “I can understand. It’s tough when you have to work with someone with no chemistry, much less a total stranger.” Finally, someone who understands me. Luhan was glad Sehun understood his condition and he didn’t judge him.

                “Okay, so I guess we can run through the lines together. Can you play your new song for me? I’ve never heard it before.”

                “Sure.” Luhan went over to his iPod dock and pressed play. Soft beats came out from the speakers and quickly covered the room in a veil of Baekhyun’s soft raspy voice and Luhan’s tender one. Sehun sat there listening to the song, eyes focused on the script as he starting building up emotions.

                Luhan always knew that Moonlight was a soft and y ballad with rather sad lyrics, but for some strange reason, listening to it again with Sehun was different.  He watched Sehun’s intent expression and felt his body tingle. His hair was standing on ends by the time Baekhyun’s falsetto kicked in. He looked at his handsome best friend, who decided to stretch his arms for a bit, showing off his muscular pecs and Luhan could feel his face heating up.

                Stop doing this. Why am I acting like this? It’s just Sehun!! Oh god, I feel so hot right now. Luhan started fanning himself and ed the first few buttons of his shirt. The song ended as Sehun put down the script and pulled Luhan’s hand.

                “Sehun?”

                “Let’s go to your room.” The taller boy dragged the singer into Luhan’s room. He turned down the lights to a light dim and opened the curtains a little, revealing the gorgeous Seoul night view.

                “What are you doing?”

                “I’m trying to recreate the setting. I can only imagine your set will look something like this.” Sehun shoved the script in Luhan’s hand.

                “First, Krystal’s supposed to be standing by the bed in lingerie. She’s probably gonna stand there looking lonely yet beautiful at the same time, wishing for her lover to appear. Then, you’re gonna walk through the door, taking off your jacket and you pull her close to you, lips hovering over hers.”

                “Okay…” Luhan looked a little lost and a bit confused because a) he’s not sure how to express this part b) Sehun is incredibly y when he’s bossy c) Sehun looks even ier with the lights turned down and d) Luhan is kinda now.

                “Just stand here and play Krystal. I’ll show you what to do.”

                “How am I supposed to play her?”

                “Just loosen up your clothing, stand here and look pretty.” Sehun smirked. He started making his way out the door as Luhan moved a little bit. He untucked his shirt and loosened all the buttons, revealing his pale stomach. He pouted at his reflection in the mirror before him. He’s a little on the skinny side with baby abs forming. He’d like to get a little buffer, but his diet doesn’t seem to support that.

                “Ready?” Sehun called.

                “Ready.” Not really, but what the hell. Let’s just get this over and done with.

                Music started playing from the living room and Luhan could feel his goose bumps forming. Sehun must have turned his iPod on. Sehun appeared at the doorway, one hand holding the frame as he focused his gaze on Luhan. Luhan immediately wrapped his arms around himself under Sehun’s hot gaze. He felt his knees turn into jelly when Sehun started walking in slowly and stripping his vest off.

                “Se….se…se…” the singer stammered. Sehun pulled Luhan close to him, one hand under his neck, the other around his waist. Their lips were so close and for the first time Luhan could smell Sehun’s scent. The tip of Sehun’s nose was touching Luhan’s as he bought one hand up to trace Luhan’s jawline. Luhan wanted to lean in closer, just a little more, to feel Sehun’s soft pink ones…

                “Woah!” Sehun spun Luhan around and pressed him against the cold surface of the glass mirror that was in front of him just now. He grabbed Luhan’s wrists and placed them above his head. Luhan moaned inwardly at the rough movement and cold mirror on his back. Okay, I’m officially now.

                “Sehun…”

                “It’s in the script. Watch me.” Luhan couldn’t really take his eyes off him anyways.

                “Okay…” no time for second guessing as Sehun closed the gap and placed his lips under Luhan’s jaw line. Luhan gasped at the contact as he arched his back off the mirror, giving Sehun more of his exposed skin. Sehun brushed his lips against Luhan’s sensitive skin, placing small kissed on the side of his neck. Luhan’s eyes turned into the back of his head. The beat of the music and the heat from Sehun’s skin and the tingling sensation from his lips was enough to drive him nuts.

                “Se…”

                “Just kiss her lightly. Hold her arms tight. Make sure she arches her body like you do.”

                “Oh god…”

                “Then, kiss her.”

                “Wait…” Luhan’s protest or question or whatever was muffled by Sehun’s lips. Luhan wanted to push Sehun off but the boy was strong. His arms were held in a tight lock as Sehun’s lips did it’s magic and prodded him to open his a little more. By the time Sehun inserted his tongue into Luhan’s cavern, the singer had his eyes shut as he submitted to Sehun’s sinful lips. It was the first time he had ever been kissed like this and oh holy it was amazing.

                With quite a lot of willpower, Sehun peeled their bodies off the mirror and onto the bed. He pushed Luhan down on the bed.

                “Straddle her like this.” Sehun straddled Luhan. “Now, strip me.”

                “What?” Luhan asked breathlessly.

                “Take off my clothes. Feel my body. That’s what you need to do.”

                Luhan tucked his hands under Sehun’s shirt obediently. He could feel Sehun’s hard abs at his fingertips as he peeled the shirt off, revealing one very sculpted body. Luhan had never seen anything like this. He had never really seen his best friend like this, and holy his best friend is very fine.

                “Good. That’s good.” Sehun breathed, letting Luhan’s arms wind around his neck as they leaned in and kissed again. He peeled Luhan’s shirt off and the two of them were in a deathly trance, hands and lips all over as if they were meant to do this. Sehun Luhan’s thighs, his hands tracing up to the hemline of his pants.

                “Sehun… “Luhan moaned unconsciously, pulling the boy’s hair. He could feel something hard poking his thigh but all he could hear, see or think of is Sehun. Sehun’s lips, his hands, his heat his tongue… His eyes were clouded with lust as he felt pleasure forming in his groin.

                “Oh god Luhan…” Sehun groaned when Luhan tugged his hair. Then, just as his lips were to travel downward, Sehun stopped.

                “Sehun…” Luhan whined at the emptiness when Sehun peeled off him and jumped off the bed. He had his head in his hands as he spun around in some sort of frustration.

                “Oh god…what have I done…oh god…”

                “Sehun?”

                “I have to get out of here.” Sehun grabbed his vest and ran out of the room. Luhan jumped out to chase after him. “Sehun wait!!”

                “I shouldn’t have done this. This is a bad idea.”

                “Sehun! Is this in the script? Sehun!!” it was too late. Sehun had already slammed the front door and left. Luhan stomped his foot in frustration. He couldn’t understand. What did he do wrong? What just happened?

                He looked at his reflection in the mirror and that’s when it hit him. He just kissed Sehun. His best friend. They didn’t just kiss, they made out. They were even close to making love. This is way across the friendship boundary. This wasn’t supposed to happen. They weren’t supposed to feel any ual attraction. They were just friends. He touched his swollen lips and it tingled at his touch. The fire was still there.

                He checked the script all over and over again. There was nothing about storming off after a steamy make out session. He flung the script on the ground and buried his head in his hands, trying to rub his eyes and slap his face to make sure he wasn’t dreaming.

                That night, Luhan couldn’t sleep. He could hear Baekhyun coming home but he ignored it. All he could think of was Sehun’s lips, heat and tongue. All over his body, kissing him, the pleasure…

                Something is telling Luhan that they are probably not just friends.

 

 

A.N: Hmm...could Luhan be finally feeling something for Sehun? Hahaha!! I'm pretty bad at s so I try to write make-outs instead. Maybe in the future I'll throw in a chapter XD

I feel so bad for Tao, the poor boy got himself injured in the Solomon Islands and his feet looked so swollen to me. Luhan had a heatsroke while on stage as well. I know being an idol is not an easy job, but something tells me that 'not an easy job' is purely an understatement.

As usual, comments, upvotes and subbies and loved!!