Because this is love.

Sweetheart, It's Our Secret!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Just before the idol can clearly process what these exact words mean, he hears the door clicking open and immediately folds the picture to stuff it into his pocket. Quickly bending down to pick up the scattered pencils, Jongin places them back in the cup and steps away from the desk moments before Kyungsoo makes his appearance in the room.

The CEO looks at him in surprise. “What are you doing here?” his tone is unexpectedly gentle, barely above a whisper, unlike the feisty questions he would’ve thrown Jongin a few months ago. This, Jongin realizes, this proves how much they’ve changed after merging lives. And he can’t help but feel satisfied with the way things have turned out. After all, the cunning CEO isn’t nice to everyone he meets (the idol can testify very well with this).

“I – I was searching for my phone.” Jongin makes up a lie on the spot, a shy smile on his face and hand rubbing the back of his neck due to the sudden appearance of his housemate.

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow, but doesn’t seem to become suspicious. “Did you check your pocket?” he begins to take a few steps toward the nervous idol.

Jongin reaches for his other pocket - the one without the picture carelessly stuffed inside - and inwardly sighs in relief when he touches the smooth surface of his phone. He pulls the expensive phone out and laughs in embarrassment, hoping that his usual stupid antics wouldn’t raise the slightest doubt within the CEO. “It was here all along!”

“Stupid,” the CEO mutters with a faint smile.

“But you like me…” the idol accidentally says and gasps soon after in realization at his words. “I – I mean, you like me being this way…” Jongin wants to slap himself for being so careless, but his heart somewhat breaks at the sight of Kyungsoo’s wide eyes and shifting gaze. Be patient, Kim Jongin, be patient. He reminds himself for reassurance before managing a bright smile on his handsome face. “I’ll leave now.”

Hearing this, the CEO lifts his head up and parts his lips to say something, but his words seem to be caught in the back of his throat. Kyungsoo ends up staying quiet and lets the idol walk past him, Jongin’s shoulder slightly brushing against his. When he hears the soft click of the door closing, CEO Do finally releases the breath he’s been holding and becomes weak in the knees. Grasping onto the edge of a nearby bookcase, he closes his eyes and mutters a small apology to the person that just left.

I’m sorry, Jongin… Wait for me, please.

 

 

 

Jongin leans against the wooden door for a brief moment before he pushes himself away and makes his way to his room. Stuffing his phone back into his pocket, the idol heaves a long sigh and walks into his bedroom. It’s already late, and he should be resting by now to prepare for his early schedule tomorrow, but his mind and body won’t give into sleep. Sitting on the edge of his neatly made bed, the idol runs a hand through his blond hair and sighs again in the darkness.

He then takes out the now wrinkled picture and holds it firmly in his hands.

The words written in the back confuses him.

But from the start, when the CEO got mad at him for touching Junmyeon’s book carelessly and the very moment Kyungsoo’s trembling hands gripped tightly onto the material of his t-shirt while mumbling quick apologies into his shoulders that concerned a certain Kim Junmyeon, Jongin’s already noted in his mind that this person affected the CEO greatly. Now, with so many incidents that’s happened so far, the idol can only confirm that yes, Kim Junmyeon is related to Do Kyungsoo in a negative way, but just how?

Do Kyungsoo has never once told him about his personal life.

Hell, he doesn’t even know of the CEO’s parents.

Jongin’s frown deepens.

Could Junmyeon have something to do with his past?

Because the idol is sure that from the moment he met Kyungsoo, he – Asia’s biggest solo artist - became the CEO’s present…and hopefully, Jongin wishes that he will become the man’s future too.

“Do Kyungsoo,” he whispers solemnly. “Just what are you hiding?”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo, who was currently in his early twenties, hesitantly pushes the two elegantly carved wooden doors open and enters the office with a heavy heart. Taking timid steps to the desk that will soon be occupied with important papers all over, the young man’s breath comes to an abrupt stop when his eyes land on the glass name plate displayed in the center of the grand desk.

 

CEO Do Kyungsoo Enchantment

 

The name plate reads, and he holds back a choked sob.

This isn’t my place, this isn’t mine…

He knows he shouldn’t be in this place, shouldn’t be in a spot that isn’t rightfully his, but he has to make up for all the wrong things he’s done in the past. Inhaling a big breath of air to bring peace to his wavering heart, Kyungsoo traces the letters on the name plate and lowers his head in regret. He then grasps onto the name plate with determination and musters up a faint smile.

“Enchantment… I promise I’ll be good to you.”

 

 

 

CEO Do Kyungsoo stares at his glass name plate with nostalgia, a faint smile on his pale face. He reaches his hand out and picks up the name plate, brining it closer to his gaze before he uses his other hand to trace over Enchantment’s letters. His gaze softens, almost becomes sorrowful, but he doesn’t let it show; Kyungsoo can’t let his overwhelming feelings take control of him.

“What do you mean she wants Enchantment back?!” Baekhyun almost screeches in disbelief, his eyes wide and arms flailing in the air out of rage.

Kyungsoo doesn’t bother to take a glance at his assistant as he places the name plate back in its place. He leans back in his leather chair, faint smile still there on his exhausted appearance. “Do you think she’ll take it back for real?” his voice is small and uncertain, like a frightened child who doesn’t know what to do when faced a crisis.

Baekhyun’s anger subsides when he takes in his boss’ appearance, and his heart aches in sympathy. “She had her chance to take over Enchantment back then, but she didn’t. Sure, this is her husband’s legacy, but it’s yours now.” The assistant reassures with a gentle tone. “You’re not going to let her take it back, am I correct?”

“You’re correct,” CEO Do answers softly, yet his usual flare of confidence is nowhere to be found.

The assistant frowns at this, “Where’s the Do Kyungsoo that I know?”

The CEO glances up at him in question.

“Where’s your cruel confidence? – The smug grin? – The burning passion? All I see in front of me is a person who doubts himself over and over again.” Baekhyun exclaims with a disappointed gaze. “Are you going to let the past hold you back? What’s done is done; you can’t dwell in it any—”

 

In this very moment, just right outside the closed doors, Yixing holds the handles of the author’s wheelchair and helps push him out of the elevator. Junmyeon has on a gentle smile, his heart light and free of worries for a while. However, when he hears the raging anger in Kyungsoo’s voice behind the wooden doors, his grin instantly fades.

 

Do Kyungsoo shoots up in his seat, hands slamming down hard on the wooden surface of his working desk and breathing becoming heavier. “Junmyeon’s accident was my fault! He could’ve been in this place as CEO, but he’s not and it’s all because of me! How can you tell me to move on when Junmyeon’s life became ten times harder thanks to me?!” he yells out in frustration, anger and mostly guilt. When he finishes, his eyes are brimmed with unshed tears. The man then shakily inhales and looks away from his assistant before whispering, “My parents died because of me too…”

Baekhyun stares at his boss, stunned. “I…”

“Stop, please.” Kyungsoo begs as he holds up a hand. “I don’t want to hear it anymore.”

“Kyungsoo—”

“My head hurts,” the CEO whispers and places his hand on his aching temple.

“I,” his assistant heaves a quiet sigh. “I’ll get you medicine.”

Deciding that it’s best to clear out his mind by taking in the welcoming outside view from his office, CEO Do leaves his desk and approaches the large windows to his left. However, the next few steps he takes become wobbly and his vision starts to blur little by little. Placing a hand on his forehead to steady himself, Kyungsoo shakes away the rising dizziness and inhales a shaky breath of air.

Baekhyun catches onto this and furrows his brows, “Are you okay?”

“I…” his headache is worsening by the second. “I’m fine.”

The assistant looks at him with a worried gaze, his body unwilling to leave the office as he continues to observe the exhausted CEO. “Kyungsoo, are you sure?”

CEO Do slightly nods his head and grimaces afterward, “Yeah…” When he’s sure the dizziness is gone, Kyungsoo flutters his eyelids open and slowly take a step forward, only to have his knees buckle under his weight and vision spinning in all sorts of directions before everything turns dark.

Hearing a rather loud thud behind him, Baekhyun turns around immediately and widens his eyes at the sight of an unconscious Do Kyungsoo lying on the ground looking awfully pale. “KYUNGSOO!” he screams out in horror just as one of the wooden doors open to reveal a shocked Junmyeon staring at the scene in front of him.

 

 

 

The idol makes his way backstage after a successful show recording, bowing respectfully to his seniors in the entertainment world as they walk by. Once he enters his designated dressing room, Jongin shrugs of his navy blue jacket and places it on the back of a chair. “Glad that went well,” he grins in accomplishment after a three hour long recording.

Luhan chuckles but then sneers at the idol. “Kid, your phone’s been going off and it’s annoying. Do something about it,” the stylist grumbles before he picks out an outfit for the idol to change into.

Jongin nods his head and takes his phone out of his backpack, puzzled as to why Byun Baekhyun’s name is appearing on his screen multiple times. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, and is about to return the call when the assistant’s name pops back up on the screen with an incoming call. “Strange…” he mutters, but nonetheless, answers. “Is there something—”

“Kyungsoo’s in the hospital right now!”

All curiosity morphs into terror as the grip on his phone loosens, heart seeming to stop abruptly and oxygen being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter