Lying doesn't always help.

Sweetheart, It's Our Secret!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Kai continues to stare at his phone, a lazy smile apparent on his handsome face as he’s inside the moving vehicle. It’s clearly been seventeen minutes since Kai hasn’t spoken a single word to his manager or stylist, and they’re starting to freak out because Kim Jongin always has something to say no matter how preposterous it is. The two exchange a look full of suspicion in the front of the van before they direct their attention to the idol sitting behind them.

“So…” Luhan begins suspiciously, “what are you doing?”

He receives no answer.

Sehun furrows his brows. “What’s wrong with him?”

“Did something happen last night after we dropped him of with CEO Do?” Luhan whispers back to the manager as his eyes are still focused on the idol. He usually never sees Kim Jongin gazing at his phone without doing anything for almost twenty minutes, and it’s seriously starting to freak him out.

“Well, he didn’t whine about anything this morning.” The manager replies in the same tone of voice and takes a left turn on the road.

Luhan frowns as he turns his body to the front again and straightens his posture. “Something’s definitely going on,” he mutters under his breath. The stylist remembers his conversation with Kai yesterday, and he senses that what he suggested to the idol might actually be true. However, he somewhat debunks his theory because Kai can be utterly dense. Luhan leans back in his seat and hums softly to himself as he starts to piece every single thing he’s caught Kai doing for Kyungsoo (which was a lot from his memories). He’s known Kim Jongin for a very long time and the things that the idol does for Do Kyungsoo, it’s definitely on another level than his usual actions toward everyone else.

The manager can’t help but agree, “Definitely.”

“I have a feeling that this fake relationship might end soon…” Luhan softly says with his eyes narrowed.

“I guess we’ll have to see then.” Sehun replies and he takes a look at Kai through the rear mirror.

Sitting in the back and completely oblivious of the constant whispers in front of him, Kim Jongin continues to stare at his phone screen and his smile would turn into quiet fits of laughter ever so often. It’s not that he’s won a lottery or got a big award (it’s not even the end of the year awards yet) that’s making him like some kind of giddy schoolgirl, no, it’s actually two simple text messages.

Which, those two simple text messages were all from a certain Do Kyungsoo.

Kai doesn’t know why he’s acting like this all of a sudden, but he can’t help it if his mind is constantly annoying him to reread those two very short and simple texts. Something about it just makes him cheerful. Maybe it’s because it’s Kyungsoo’s first text messages to him or perhaps it’s because Do Kyungsoo sent it to him without an official reason. He doesn’t really know, but he doesn’t mind one bit.

The idol has an urge to text back a message, but he refrains himself from doing so because Kyungsoo strictly demanded for him not to. Sighing softly, Kai taps on the CEO’s name and stares at the male’s profile. There’s his name – CEO Do Kyungsoo – and his number right underneath. It’s a simple profile, since there’s nothing special like a picture or anything, but Kai finds his smile growing.

He goes back to text messages and chuckles as he remembers last night’s event.

Do Kyungsoo clearly apologized to him, Kai remembers.

But what is clearly etched in his mind is the fact that he actually held the man’s hand.

Although it was only for a short moment, the idol was sure he felt his heart fluttering.

Kim Jongin might be dense at times, but his heart is always obvious.

“I’m starting to feel something for him, aren’t I?”

His smile softens and a small frown forms in realization.

 

 

 

Kim Jongdae looks through the pictures he’s taken last night after stalking the trending couple for an hour or so, and raises an eyebrow at some of the odd shots he took. Some pictures have Kai and Kyungsoo walking at different paces, one behind the other. Another has them frowning at each other. Jongdae doesn’t know what’s really going on as he couldn’t hear their conversation clearly. He thinks there’s something wrong with the couple, but another picture rejects his idea. It’s a picture of them smiling at each other, and then the next one is of them holding hands.

The reporter is seriously confused. “What’s going on?”

After coincidentally spotting the couple at a small restaurant last night when he was on a dejected walk for not being able to get any good pictures for the night, the reporter ended up stalking them from far behind with his camera. He was planning to make news about their little date the next day, but the photos are showing too many different stories.

Jongdae places his camera down on the table and exhales.

“I might not be the brightest person, but I’m not stupid either.”

He pauses afterward and smacks his lips.

“Something’s going on.”

 

 

 

“Do Kyungsoo, are you listening to me?” Baekhyun repeats for the fifth time as he waves a hand in front of the dazed CEO. Huffing when he gets no reaction, the assistant immediately snaps the binder and the sound echoes throughout the room. The noise miraculously brings back Kyungsoo to reality and the CEO clears his throat in embarrassment.

Kyungsoo fixes his tie and picks up a few papers. “What?”

Baekhyun resists the urge to roll his eyes in front of his boss. “You never zone out when it comes to Enchantment.” The assistant then narrows his eyes at his boss. “What’s making you do so now?”

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter