My heart isn't normal.

Sweetheart, It's Our Secret!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Thunder strikes loudly in the dark, gloomy storm seconds after a quick flash of bright lightning finishes. Being a relatively light sleeper on particular nights (and especially on stormy nights), Kyungsoo jolts awake in bed with wide eyes. His breathing momentarily comes to an abrupt halt as he hears another strike of thunder. Closing his eyes, the male inhales softly and calms himself from the unexpected noise. He brings up a hand and runs it through his dark locks before turning to the other side of the bed, only to furrow his brows when he finds it empty. Kyungsoo stretches out his hand blindly in the dark to search for the body that’s supposed to be next to him. Once his results come out negative, the CEO cracks open an eyelid in the dark room and try his best to turn on the lamp on his side of the bed.

As soon as the room is illuminated with a shade of golden color, the CEO slowly sits up and surprisingly searches for the idol. It doesn’t take long to find out where Kim Jongin is – the male was practically sprawled out on the floor sleeping. Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow at the unpleasant sight and wonders why Kai didn’t sleep on his side of the bed like they’ve previously planned to. He glances back at the clock on the nightstand and finds out it’s almost two in the morning. Groaning softly, the male hesitates whether or not to wake Jongin up.

Should he continue to sleep just like now and ignore Kim Jongin?

Should he let Kim Jongin sleep on the other side of the bed like previously planned?

What if Kim Jongin’s back hurt from lying on the floor all night long?

Doesn’t he have an event to attend to soon?

Do Kyungsoo frowns at all the questions circulating in his head. Why does he even care to begin with? Their relationship is strictly business related at this point. Of course, he knows that Kai leads a hectic life and should always stay healthy. Kyungsoo’s mind is telling him to just go to sleep and leave everything alone, but his heart is opposing strongly. He lies back down and tries to fall asleep to the sound of heavy raindrops hitting against the glass window, but fails immensely. Rubbing his eyes, Kyungsoo ends up following his heart’s content so he can shrug off the weird feeling of something tugging onto his heartstrings (and of course to get a well rested night too). The CEO has a long day ahead of him since he’s behind schedule due to the unexpected storm.

“Kim Jongin, wake up.” Kyungsoo leans over the bed and gently shakes the male awake.

Kai doesn’t stir and continues to sleep.

Kyungsoo exhales in annoyance and ends up pinching the idol’s cheeks harshly. “Get your up right now!”

Miraculously, without the use of water to wake Kai up, the idol immediately jolts awake and rubs his cheeks in pain. “What do you want?” the idol groggily asks before hissing in pain from his reddening cheeks.

The CEO clears his throat and does his best to sound nonchalant. “I thought we agreed on sharing the bed.”

“We did,” – Kai yawns, – “but when I got back, you were already asleep and took up most of the space. Guessing that you probably stayed up late last night to do your work, I decided to let you…sleep…alone…and not disturb you.” The male explains sleepily as his eyelids become heavier with every moment passing by.

Kyungsoo finds himself staring at the male in awe. “I – I told you not to care for me in the beginning.”

“I can’t help it…I think I do care for you in the end…”

“You’re – you probably don’t even know what you’re saying right now. Just get up here and sleep; I don’t want to hear you complaining about your body aching in the morning because you slept on the floor.” The CEO struggles to form coherent words as his mind is still processing Kim Jongin’s sudden confession.

Kai groans lowly. “It’s okay… You can just sleep on the bed. I’m...fine like this…”

“I insist on you to do so, so listen to me. This is the only time I’m allowing you to share a bed with me.” Kyungsoo continues to persuade the male to listen to him because the strange sensation building up in his chest is not vanishing at all. It’s starting to frustrate the male.

The idol slowly opens his eyelids and focuses his vision on Kyungsoo. “You don’t mind?”

“I don’t, Stupid.”

Kyungsoo then moves back to his side of the bed and turns his back to Kai.

“Just…don’t kill me in the morning.” Kai yawns and sits up. He runs a hand through his messy locks and sniffs softly, still not accustomed to the dimly lit room. Finally after gathering his things, Kai stands up and makes his way onto the bed. Once he does, the dim light shuts off and the room is engulfed in darkness again. Before drifting off into unconsciousness, Kai glances at the back of Kyungsoo’s head and a small smile appears on his handsome face.

The CEO closes his eyes, the corner of his lips wanting to tug upwards, as he feels the bed slightly dipping from the newly added weight. Realizing this, he immediately frowns and forces himself to fall asleep. It comes easily – sleeping – actually, as his heart is now satisfied with his choice.

 

 

 

“Do come visit us again soon.” Mrs. Kim cheerfully says as she holds onto Kyungsoo’s hands.

Kyungsoo smiles in return and nods his head. “I will. Thank you for letting me stay for the night.”

“You’re very welcome.” Mr. Kim replies with a chuckle.

Kai closes the backdoor of the car after he finishes putting his luggage inside and comes to embrace his parents tightly. “I’m sorry I can’t stay any longer.”

Mrs. Kim laughs sweetly and shakes her head. “Jongin, we’re proud of what you’ve become. Leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter