6 | SIX

Married To My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six

 

Haru

The moment I got back to the office, Luhan came into my room and locked the door behind us. I frowned at his odd behaviour but nevertheless took a seat as he came to sit in front of me. "What did Kris want from you?" he asked and I swallowed. Should I tell him? What would Kris say? Urgh... But then Kris's reminder echoed in my mind again and I sighed. Well, he was talking about our decision, not the whole ordeal. I guess it should be fine. I think. I turned to look at Luhan and bit my bottom, still contemplating to tell him.

He sighed and gave me a bored look. "Haru, I know about the whole marriage thing." he said and I widened my eyes at him. "How?" I asked and he smirked. "Chen." "How did he know?" I frowned while he continued to smirk. "Kris." Kris Wu told him? Huh... "So, what did he say? I'm sure he talked to you about it."

Sigh. "We agreed to call off the agreement." I said in a low volume, just in case someone could magically hear me. You know... like Kris. "Really?" he asked. "Is it his decision or yours?" he asked. "Both. I don't want to get married. Yet." I told him. "What if the former Chairman take your words into consideration and let a few years pass before marrying you two off?" 

I groaned. "Then I'll have to find a boyfriend before that." Luhan laughed at this. "Smart. Anyways, had lunch yet?" he asked and I nodded. I recalled the awkward lunch I had and blinked before turning to the male again. "Yes?" he chuckled when he saw my face. Do I look funny? Whatever. "Luhan, has Mr. Wu ever said 'thank you' to you?" I asked and he frowned.

"I have better luck marrying Miranda Kerr than hearing him say that to me." he deadpanned and I chuckled. "I thought Sehun liked Miranda Kerr?" "Shh.. don't tell him I said that." he winked and I laughed. "Seriously though, never?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah. Never in all the years we've been friends. Ungrateful prick," he muttured then turned to me. "Why?"

I bit my bottom lip and said, "He said it to me earlier during lunch." I watched as he blinked with a blank look on his face before he laughed. "Are you serious? Wow, Kris. Wow! I can't believe this! You should've recorded it. The guys wouldn't believe it if I tell them this." I sighed and watched as Luhan fished out his phone to type a message. Kris Wu is a very complicated person indeed... 

 

 

Haru rolled around in her bed and finally opened her eyes, feeling the sun peeking in through the close curtains of her room. Groaning sleepily, she glanced at the alarm clock and sighed. 7.30AM. Even though it was a Saturday, Haru would still wake up early since she was never the type to sleep in. However, she had a feeling that her grandfather's sudden appearance in her dream that night was part of the reason why she's awake at that hour. Sitting up from the mattress, she raised her hands and stretched her muscles, yawning at the process. After a minute or so of procastinating on the bed, she finally got up and got into the bathroom for a shower.

Half an hour later, she was already seated in her kitchen, munching on her toast. Her eyes were fixated onto her laptop as she scrolled for the news online. An article caught her attention and she sat up straight before clicking onto the article.

Former Chairman of Wu Enterprise Hospitalised

Seoul: Wu Enterprise's former Chairman, Wu Chun, was admitted to Seoul Hospital earlier this morning. According to sources, the 80 years old former Chairman was found unconcious in the kitchen of his mansion by his daughter-in-law. Sources believed that the former Chairman might have suffered a mild heart attack an hour before he was found and is currently in critical situation. 

 

Haru felt an unsettling feeling in her stomach and got up from her seat to head over to her bedroom. She was rummaging through her closet when her phone rang and she frowned when she saw her mother's name on the screen. "Mother?" she answered. "Good. You're awake. I'm sure you heard what happened to the former Chairman?" she asked and Haru hummed in reply. "Get ready and pick me up in an hour. We're going to the hospital." "Yes, mother." she replied but the elder had already hung up the phone. She sighed and changed into a stripped long sleeve t-shirt and a dark blue slim fit jeans. 

She hurried to the kitchen and slammed down the cover of her laptop before running to the door to put on her shoes. Looking around to make sure she didn't forget anything, Haru finally grabbed her car keys and rushed out of the apartment to fetch her mother. Since the traffic was a bit slow that morning, Haru took an hour before she finally reached her mother's house. Kim Hanna, her mother, frowned unhappily but nevertheless got into the back seat. Haru sighed and began to drive to the hospital.

"Song Haru." Haru glanced at the rearview mirror to her mother who adorned a black sunglass on her face. "Yes, mother?" "Have you met up with Kris Wu?" she asked and the younger sighed. "I did, mother." "And?" Haru bit her bottom lip as she did not know what to say but she could feel the glare on her back as she continued to drag the silence.

"Don't keep me waiting, Haru." Haru sighed inwardly. "Mother, I don't see where's the need for me to marry Kris Wu. I'm old enough. I am capable of finding my own husband." she told her, swallowing her f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter