GANG BRAWL 36 - Separation

MY GANGSTER PROTECTOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

credits: itsmejoymae

credits: Icicle

 

“Ramirez,” she heard his gentle voice followed by a soft kiss on her shoulder. Dara stirred awake and cracked an eye open, her mind still hazy with sleep. She squeezed her eyes shut before opening them again, blinking multiple times, noticing the beautiful sunrise outside the window.

 

“Ramirez,” Jiro called out again. She turned her head toward the guy and she was welcomed by the sight of him tenderly staring at her. God, he looks so handsome. Her day already felt complete.

 

“I’m going to work. My classes are in the afternoon so I’ll just go to school after my shift. I prepared breakfast for you. Just stay at home instead of going to school so you can rest. I’ll just inform your friend that you’re not feeling well.”

 

“No, I can handle it. I’m fine,” she said sluggishly.

 

His eyebrows instantly connected with her response. “You’re sore,” he pointed out.

 

“I’ll be fine, Jiro. Go now. You’ll be late.”

 

He fell silent as he stared at the girl, her upper arm with his fingers, not really wanting to leave.

 

“Stop staring at me,” she whined, covering his eyes with her hand. Jiro peeled it off his eyes and held her hand, gazing at her and sighing afterwards. “Okay, I’ll go now,” he said.

 

“Kiss me first,” she demanded, puckering her lips playfully. He gave her an amused smile as he cupped her face with both his hands and dipped down, giving her a quick peck. He drew back an inch before giving her another peck on the lips and showered her with soft kisses all over her face, making the girl giggle. He then nuzzled the crook of her neck, and her skin as he gathered her in his arms, wrapping her in a tight embrace and making her sit up.

 

“Jiro, enough,” Dara said huskily and hit his arm lightly when she felt that the guy was getting carried away. Hesitantly, he stopped and drew back while breathing raggedly.

 

She stared at him deeply, her heart thundering inside her chest as she took all of him. She then wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face on his shoulder, inhaling his fresh scent. How she wish she would have more mornings like this with him. She felt his hand her back before giving her a kiss on the temple. Dara lifted her gaze and met his eyes, his brown orbs glimmering because of the sunlight bathing the entire room.

 

“I thought you want me to leave now?” he asked, a teasing smile tugging at the corner of his lips. Instead of responding, she rested her cheek against his chest, listening to the loud pounding of his heart.

 

“What will I do with you, Dara…” he whispered in a hoarse voice, his arms around her becoming firm.

 

“Your heart is beating hard,” she said in a hushed tone, her eyelids becoming heavy.

 

“I wonder why,” he mumbled, even though he knew exactly why.

 

She blinked a few times before her eyes shut closed, sleep successfully engulfing her. Jiro tilted his head and stared at the girl who fell asleep in his arms.

 

The reason why his heart beats hard was now sleeping soundly.

 

***

 

DARA

 

Okay, this is serious. My body was still a bit sore but that was the least of my worries. Now that I was fully awake, I was dreading the moment of encountering Jiro at school because... Oh God, the things we did last night! *Groans*

 

Just recalling the things that I moaned when he was feasting in my…ugh! I just wanted to bang my head on the wall multiple times because of embarrassment. How did I look last night? My legs were spread apart while he was right there in my—GAH! And he slid his tongue and smelled my…ACK!

 

I rested my head weakly on the desk as the professor finally left the room. I didn’t want to go out because there was a big chance that Jiro was already in school after finishing his shift at his part-time job.

 

Okay, Dara Ramirez. Calm down. Calm down. This is not something to be embarrassed about. It’s a pretty normal thing. When you see him, just act like you normally do. Seriously, it’s not a big deal. When he looks at you, he’ll just probably be his old stoic self and give you a tentative glance WHILE REMEMBERING YOUR ! GAH!

 

I can’t do this!

 

I can’t do this!

 

“Hey!”

 

“Ahh!” I yelped in surprise and abruptly sat up, clutching my chest, my eyes wide with fear as my head swung toward Namee. “My gosh! You scared me! My gosh! MY GOSH!”

 

“What the hell?” she frowned and roamed her scrutinizing eyes all over my face. “You’re sweating, and your cheeks are red. Stop ing in school,” she said nonchalantly. “I’m utterly scandalized.”

 

“,” I muttered as I stood up and grabbed my bag, following her as she headed toward the door.

 

“You’ve been spacing out since this morning,” she remarked. “I heard Jiro’s already here, so you don’t have to be worried anymore.”

 

I stiffened at the mention of his name. Hopefully, we won’t see him any time soon because my fragile heart was not prepared to face—

 

“I need to give these cupcakes to Picaro,” she said, showing me the boxes inside the paper bags that she was carrying. “Let’s drop by the Black Dragon’s turf.”

 

*GASP!* Nooo!

 

My steps immediately halted and I gnawed my lips as my mind weaved a hundred plausible excuses per second to avoid going to Jiro’s turf without Namee sniffing the truth out of me. “Um…I forgot something,” I said.

 

“What? I didn’t see anything in your desk. You got your bag with you.”

 

“I forgot something in my locker.”

 

“Okay, then let’s drop by the lockers since it’s on the way.”

 

“Well, it’s—”

 

“Why do I feel like you’re just making excuses?” her eyes narrowed at me, making me uneasy. If Namee found out that I was behaving like an idiot because of what happened last night, she would probably hold me captive and lock me up somewhere until I spill all the juicy details such as the smell, size and color. *Shiver*

 

“Oh,” I looked at my bag and pretended to be fumbling with it. “It’s in my bag. I thought I forgot my notebook in my locker. Ha ha ha,” I said. Seriously, my awkward laugh was a dead giveaway and I hated myself for it, but fortunately, Namee just gave me a bewildered look and continued walking.

 

As we were drawing near the turf, I was praying hard like my life depended on it, hoping that Jiro was not there. When we finally reached the Black Dragon’s turf and when I saw that Jiro was nowhere in sight, relief flooded my body.

 

“Hey, I brought the cupcakes that I baked,” Namee said as he entered the turf with me following her from behind. Picaro took the paper bags from her and ushered us to the chairs by the side. The other Black Dragon members instantly crowded around Picaro who gave each one a cupcake.

 

“Nice!” Bonsai exclaimed, immediately grabbing one and shoving the cupcake in his mouth. “Hey, Ice Leader! Want some?”

 

My eyes widened and my heart thundered inside my chest with what Bonsai said.

 

“No, thanks,” I heard his rough voice coming from behind and my head almost exploded in a million particles.

 

He’s here! WAH! Help meee!

 

“I forgot something in my locker!” I announced in a high pitch voice, startling everyone. I hastily spun around and dashed toward the door, not bothering to glance at Jiro as I zoomed past him.

 

***

 

Her muscles were still aching but Dara ignored the pain. She had been trying to avoid running into Jiro the entire afternoon and it required her full chi and kung fu. She knew it was ridiculous but what could she do? When she saw him, she couldn’t help but feel self-conscious and embarrassed so she’d rather deal with him at home rather than in school.

 

She was ascending the stairs at the fire exit while glancing back, afraid that she would see Jiro any moment even though the possibility was slim. She texted Namee to meet her at the fire exit stairs. Students don’t usually hang around in that place except when they were trying to avoid someone, like what she was doing.

 

“Ramirez,” Jiro called out as he leaned against the wall, standing at the corner of the stairs away from her line of vision.

 

Oh .

 

Dara froze before slowly descending the stairs backwards, hoping that he did not really see her and was just saying her name randomly. Who was she kidding? This was Namee’s fault! The daughter of darkness probably told Jiro where she was!

 

“Don’t you ing dare run away, Ramirez. I already saw you,” he said firmly, obviously pissed off.

 

Oh no!

 

Dara ascended the stairs and approached him, her eyes cast downwards. “I’m sorry,” she mumbled.

 

“Why can’t you even look at me?”

 

She tentatively glanced at him and immediately averted her gaze. It was no use! She could feel her heart beating in an abnormal pace with just the sight of him. His eyes deeply staring at her, his lips, his nose… *Sigh*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter