GANG BRAWL 23 - Attack at the Back Gate

MY GANGSTER PROTECTOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        

credits: trpplr_c

credits: ThisIsAnneca

 

Dara’s POV

 

Riko Takizawa. Is she that special to Jiro? How was their relationship before? Did he takes care of her like how he takes care of me? So many questions are running through my head and it’s just adding up to the weight I’m currently feeling.

 

I returned the book in the shelf and decided to leave the library. Even reading did not help in calming my mind. I didn’t do anything wrong but I feel like I should apologize to Jiro. Pathetic as it may sound, I don’t care about my pride when it comes to him. I can’t sleep well knowing that I unintentionally hurt him. If he saw me hugging and kissing Bullet, I understand why he got mad. Anyone could have misunderstood what I did.

 

As I was ascending the stairs, I came across Jiro. Seeing his cold expression, all the things that I wanted to say vanished into thin air. He’s still furious. I don’t know how to start explaining to make him understand that there’s nothing going on between me and Bullet.

 

He glanced at me and continued descending the stairs without uttering a word. I hurriedly followed him and walked behind him, still unable to force a word out of my mouth. He shoved his hands inside his pockets and strode slowly as we walked in the hallway with me still behind him.

 

“Jiro”, I called out.

 

“Yes?” He mumbled without glancing back.

 

“About Bullet-…” I started. He abruptly stopped and slowly turned around to face me. “I didn’t hurt him, if that’s what you want to know”, he said in an irritated voice, making me flinch.

 

“No-… I-… There’s nothing going on between me and Bullet”, I said meekly as he stared at me with an impassive expression.

 

“Okay”, he replied with disinterest; but I know everything is far from okay.

 

“You didn’t drop by my house last night.”

 

“I had to meet Riko.”

 

I felt like blood rushed through my head with what he said. We had a fight and I wasn’t able to sleep well last night because of it and here he is telling me he met with his ex-girlfriend? The guilt that I was feeling completely disappeared. I’m making a complete fool of myself trying to straighten out our misunderstanding while he doesn’t seem bothered at all that his ex-girlfriend is still attached to him? Wow.

 

“Why do you have to meet Riko?”

 

“I had to.”

 

“That explains a lot”, I said sarcastically. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked directly at me.

 

“We didn’t do anything, if that’s what you’re thinking. I didn’t hug her and I certainly didn’t kiss her.”

 

“I told you, I’m just consoling Bullet when I did that!” I exclaimed in exasperation.

 

“Okay”, his face turned stoic again. I didn’t bother stopping him when he turned around and began walking away.

 

Riko Takizawa. Is there something more to gratitude and guilt?

 

***

 

Namee sighed as she stared at Dara who was still rooted on her spot while watching Jiro walk away. Her friend already told her what happened and she is worried for both Bullet and Dara with the sudden turn of events.

 

She approached her and opened her arms. “Hug?” She asked. Dara slowly stepped towards Namee and embraced her. Namee wrapped her arms around her and patted her back. “There, there, my child.”

 

“He’s still mad at me even though I didn’t do anything wrong. I tried to explain but he’s ignoring it”, Dara complained.

 

“He’s hurting himself more with what he’s doing”, Namee remarked.

 

Dara pulled back and glared at her. “Are you on his side or my side? You’re supposed to be on my side! I even wrote that you’re my best friend in my journal, you traitor”, she said in mock anger.

 

“Of course, I’m on your side, silly.”

 

Dara pouted and rested her chin on her friend’s shoulder once again. “Pat my back. I’m miserable.”

 

“Fine, fine. I’ll give you all the loving you need”, Namee chuckled.

 

“How’s Bullet?” Dara asked as she removed her arms from her friend. Namee shook her head, her expression becoming somber. “I’m not sure. He’s as cheerful as before but it feels empty.”

 

The two headed towards the building’s back exit and roamed around the school ground as their conversation continued. “I have to talk to Bullet again”, Dara said.

 

“No. Leave him alone for now. He needs time. Think about what you’ll do with Ice Lord first.”

 

“I don’t know, honestly. He’s really furious. Perhaps he saw us at the back gate”, Dara sighed. “Say, Namee. Do you still have feelings for your ex-boyfriend?”

 

“What?!” Namee grimaced. “Eww, no. He is a bad memory. He popped my cherry and then, I found out that he’s cheating on me.”

 

Dara’s steps abruptly stopped, her eyes widening in shock.

 

“What’s with your face? Is it really a shocker that I’m no longer holding the V card?”

 

Why didn’t she think of it before? Jiro and Riko might have done it. Her heart sank at the realization. Feeling her knees are about to give out, she slouched on the ground and exhaled loudly.

 

“Hey!” Namee slouched beside her worriedly and studied her face. “Are you okay?” She asked.

 

Dara felt like air has been knocked out of her chest. It’s becoming harder to breathe the more she thinks about Jiro and Riko doing the deed.

 

“Dara, are you okay? Do you want to go to the infirmary?” Namee pressed on.

 

“N-Namee-…” Dara cut herself off when a commotion caught their attention. The students were running towards the back gate; everyone shouting in alarm.

 

“Hurry! Let’s go!”

 

“They’re outnumbered!”

 

“What happened?” Namee asked one of the students who was running in the same direction.

 

“An outside gang is attacking the Fire 39 turf!”

 

Namee and Dara looked at each other briefly and both shot to their feet. They rapidly ran towards the back gate while praying that their friend is safe. Their eyes were focused forward and they didn’t even notice Bonsai as they ran past him.

 

The guy frowned and he grabbed one of the InterSAT students who was heading towards the back gate. “What’s going on?” He asked.

 

“The back gate is under attack. An outside gang entered InterSAT and they’re wrecking havoc. Fire 39 is holding them back but I heard they’re outnumbered.”

 

“”, Bonsai released the student and sprinted towards the Black Dragon’s turf.

 

Meanwhile, Namee and Dara finally reached the back gate. Their mouths gaped with what they saw – it was a total chaos. The Fire 39 gang was obviously outnumbered but they are not backing down. The InterSAT students crowded at the corner, watching the fight while the others joined in to help the Fire 39. Dara frantically darted her eyes, looking for Bullet and she gasped when she saw him battling with three opponents.

 

“We need to call the Black Dragons”, She heard Namee mumble while gripping her hand. “They need help.”

 

“Let’s go”, Dara said and was about to turn around when a hand wrapped on her upper arm.

 

“Not so fast, cutie”, the thug said while smirking at her.

 

***

 

“The back gate is under attack by an outside gang!” Bonsai announced as soon as he reached their turf. He was panting as he slouched and rested his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. Jiro stared at him lazily before shifting his gaze again outside the window.

 

“Ice Lord, the back gate is-…”

 

“Let Fire 39 handle it”, he stated boredly.

 

“But they’re outnumbered. And I saw Dara running towards the back gate. She might get in trouble.”

 

Jiro bolted his head towards Bonsai and stared at him in shock. Without another word, he dashed towards the door, his heart racing in worry. That stupid girl! What if she gets entangled in the brawl? What if she gets hurt? All the troubling thoughts filled his mind as he sprinted towards the back gate, his lungs bursting with the lack of air but he refused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter