GANG BRAWL 12 - A Confusing Night

MY GANGSTER PROTECTOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

credits: tbd_07

credits: charlane69

 

Dara’s POV

 

He walked me home with his arm wrapped around me. I smiled giddily and buried my face on my pillow to muffle my squeals while kicking my legs like a kid. I’ve been repeating that scene in my head and I still feel giddy every single time I picture it. He is just so…manly. *Sigh* I love staring at his face; I love the y drawl in his voice and every little movement he makes. I want to see him now.

 

I rolled on my back and stared at the ceiling of my room. Then, my eyes settled on my mobile phone by the bedside table. Should I text him? But what will I say?

 

Grabbing my phone, I fiddled with the keyboard, not knowing what to do. I opened and closed the apps, hoping that it will somehow give me courage to actually text him or to distract me from texting him. Okay, I shouldn’t text him. That would be too weird.

 

But Jiro said I should contact him if I need anything…and I need to see him now. Urgh! Of course, I can’t possibly tell him that. I’ve done mortifying things like attempting to kiss him when I was drunk and I don’t want my list to get any longer.

 

Sighing heavily, I keyed in his name at the recipient textbox and typed ‘I need to see you, Jiro. Can you come to my house?’ I stared at the blinking cursor for a while, wondering how Jiro will react if I really send the text. I can already imagine his frown while reading it. Almost immediately, a smile crept on my lips. He looks intimidating whenever he furrows his eyebrows but even that, I find endearing.

 

He will probably text back to ask what’s wrong and I will probably flip out because obviously, texting him those words is totally embarrassing. What if I actually send this text? Ha ha, that would be so NOT funny.

 

I shifted on my side and as I began pushing the delete button, the screen of my phone rotated when I angled it slightly which got me disoriented. Seriously, smart phones. I lazily tilted it again in a vertical position and continued what I was doing, pushing the send -…the send button? Oh no! Did I-…. OH MY GOD! No no no! Delete delete delete! Back back! Nooo!! Don’t send, please don’t send! Oh God. How do I unsend a text? How?!

 

‘I need to see you, Jiro.’

 

Oh noo! ARGH! I was only able to delete the last sentence! Why does this have to happen to me?!

 

I sat up and crossed my legs, biting my fingernails nervously while my brain is literally frying itself to come up with an excuse. What if I just tell him that the message is not originally for him? Yep, I’ll deny it! Deny it? But I placed his name on the message! Oh God, can a text be partially sent? Please let the last four letters disappear!

 

Quit panicking! Okay, calm down self. Breathe. He will not see the text. He will not see the text. By the power of the universe, it will not be sent. GAHHHHHHHH!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

 

Did he read it? Why is he not replying? Is he purposely not texting back to make me lose my mind? OMG, he’s probably thinking I have a crush on him. It’s true but HE’S NOT SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT!

 

I exhaled audibly and stared at my phone, waiting for his reply that I’m surely going to receive in 5, 4, 3, 2…Why is he not texting? Did he find it weird? Or gross? Oh my gosh, am I gross? *Gasp!* What if he’s on his way here?

 

I jumped out of the bed, quickly checked my reflection on the mirror, fixed myself, sprayed a little cologne…Done! Okay, what the hell am I doing? Shocks! I’m seriously going to have a heart attack. If he texts me back, I might end up in the hospital. If he doesn’t, I might also end up in the hospital.

 

I slumped on the floor and groaned, messing my hair in frustration. There’s nothing I could do, obviously. Whimpering in misery, I hugged my legs and rested my chin on my knees. Since he didn’t reply, maybe he just disregarded my text. That’s good. Who am I kidding, it ! He ignored my message and -…

 

*Ringgg*

 

OH MY GOSH! He’s calling me! He’s calling me and my hair is a mess? Where’s my lipstick? My hairbrush!

 

*Ringgg*

 

I bit my lips as I stared at the phone, my finger hovering on the button to pick up the call. Just as I was about to press it, the ringing stopped. I breathed a sigh of relief and slumped back. Whew! He must’ve thought I was asleep. It would be great if he also thought that I just accidentally rolled over my phone and accidentally typed those words and accidentally pressed the send button and -...

 

I jerked back in surprise when I heard the urgent knocks on the balcony door. When I whipped my head towards it, my breath was caught in my throat as I saw Jiro standing there. Gaah! He’s here!

 

Fortunately, the glass on the balcony door is a one-way mirror so I am able to see him but he can’t see me. He probably climbed the tree again to get to my balcony. I heard him entering the keycode on the balcony door but since I had it bolted from the inside, he still wasn’t able to open it.

 

“Ramirez!” His knocks became louder so I immediately opened the door and faced him. He stared at me and I can tell he’s checking if I’m okay. ‘Please don’t ask about the text’, I was chanting that in my brain even though I knew it’s pretty useless. He’s here, and it’s because of that stupid text message. *Groans*

 

“Why are you not sleeping yet?” He asked.

 

“I’m just…thinking about something”, I said and my eyes widened as I added in panic, “Not you! I’m not thinking about you!” Urgh! This is so awesome. He just asked me a simple question and here I am, self-destructing. Seriously, can this day get any better?

 

“This”, he showed me his phone with my text message, rendering me speechless. “What’s the meaning of this?” He stared at me with a deadpan expression while waiting for my reply.

 

Oh.my.God. HELP ME!

 

I gnawed my lips and lowered my gaze. That’s when I noticed that Jiro is dressed up.

 

“Are you about to go out?” I asked curiously.

 

“That didn’t answer my question.”

 

“Oh no! Were you about to go out with your friends?” I covered my mouth guiltily and stared at him. “I’m sorry, I bothered you. I just couldn’t sleep that’s why I texted that message.”

 

Jiro crossed his arms over his chest and leaned on the wall, still staring at me blankly.

 

“I mean, tomorrow is Saturday and here I am locked inside the house…alone”, I continued.

 

“You want to go out?”

 

“I have nowhere to go. Namee is, uhm, busy. And Bullet-…”

 

“Bullet again?” His features immediately darkened. He stood stiffly and eyed me wearily. “We had this conversation about that guy, didn’t we?”

 

“I was just about to say Bullet is out of the question since I can’t possibly bother him at this hour. So…” I met his steady gaze while fumbling with the hem of my shirt “…So, I bothered you instead.” There was an awkward pause as he stared at me silently.

 

“Get dressed”, he said after a while.

 

“What?”

 

“Get dressed. It’s Bonsai’s birthday today. I was on my way there when I got your message. You can come with me and we can both go there.”

 

I felt my heart swelled with happiness when I learned he came to me even though he’s in the middle of something. I wasn’t able to suppress the smile that came on my lips. He’s asking me to come with him! This will be the first time we will attend a party together!

 

“But would that be okay?” I asked.

 

“I’m sure Bonsai won’t mind.”

 

“How about you? I mean, is it really okay if I tag along?”

 

“Don’t worry about such things and get dressed”, he said as he walked towards the bed and lied there, his feet still planted on the floor. I watched him as he placed his arms beneath his head and closed his eyes. The shirt that he was wearing was lifted up a bit, showing his belt. My eyes trailed down to his stylishly torn jeans, to his bended knees, to his sneakers. He really looks fine from head to toe. *Sigh*

 

“Ramirez”, he called out lazily.

 

“Alright! Moving now!” I chirped.

 

***

 

Dara thought the venue of the party is in a small bar or someone’s house, but she was obviously mistaken. Wearing an off-shoulder dress does not seem to be a good idea now. Jiro was walking ahead of her while she kept on darting her eyes around in fear. They were walking in a path towards the forest and she can only hope that there are no wild animals running or flying around.

 

“J-Jiro.”

 

Jiro stopped and glanced back at her, noticing how she winces with every little sound from the surrounding. He traced back his steps and approached her. “Don’t worry. I’m here”, he said.

 

“It’s dark”, her voice trembled a bit. She was about to say something again but she was startled when Jiro suddenly reached for her hand and wrapped it with his.

 

“I’m here. Just follow me”, he said. The warmth of his hand eased her anxiety but it brought another wave of feelings. Her mind is swirling with a lot of thoughts and her heart is beating in an abnormal pace. She was too distracted with their linked hands to even notice the darkness enveloping them. His grip was gentle yet firm – just like how he always treats her.

 

It was not long before she heard the sound of merriment as they were nearing a brightly lit area. When they finally stepped out of the line of trees, Dara finally saw where the party is being held. It was in a huge spot of land somewhere in the forest. There were small bonfires all over the place and the Black Dragons a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter