GANG BRAWL 8 - Biggest Rival

MY GANGSTER PROTECTOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

credits: DemigodXXIII

 

credits: trpplr_c

 

Dara’s POV

 

‘Well, isn’t this awkward?’ I thought as I glanced at Riko and Jiro who were walking alongside me. Riko insisted to walk with us since she wanted to familiarize herself with the neighborhood.

 

“Jiro told me you’re a former Bridge Rose student.” Riko asked.

 

“Huh? Uh. Yeah. I was.” I sincerely wish that the girl would stop asking questions, to be honest. I really don’t have any beef with her even though SHE KISSED JIRO!! *STAB STAB STABBB!!

 

And did she just say ‘Jiro told her’? Whoah! What other things did he tell her? Ugh! Calm down, self.

 

“How’s InterSAT? It’s really different from Bridge Rose University but I hope you’re doing fine. I’m new here so I understand how it must’ve felt when you were a new transferee”, she added. I nodded silently and gave her a timid smile. *Sigh* I must admit, she seems to be a nice girl.

 

“So, how long have you known Jiro?” She asked and smiled at me. “I didn’t know he-…” Riko gasped when Jiro suddenly encircled his arm around her and pulled her towards him as a car zoomed past us.

 

“Bastard”, Jiro muttered while glaring at the speeding car. “Walk on that side, Riko. It’s dangerous to be on the road side”, he instructed and ushered Riko away from the road while he took that spot.

 

He pulled her close to him, huh? AND HE CALLED HER NAME! Ugh! I’m okay, I’m okay. I’M OKAY! I mean, it’s inevitable that he’ll do that; otherwise Riko might be hit by the car. And of course, he should call her by her name. If not, what should he call her? By her surname? Like me?

 

Damn it. Why is it hard to look at them? Why am I finding it hard to breathe? This is stupid. I wish Namee was here so she can distract me with her unstoppable mouth. Why did Riko kiss him a while ago? Does she like Jiro? Does Jiro-…

 

“Ramirez”, Jiro’s voice pulled me back to reality. “We’re already here. Go inside”, he said. I looked behind me and realized that we already arrived in my house.

 

“I’ll just drop her off”, he added. What? He’ll walk her to her house? “Bye Dara! It was nice to meet you!” Riko waved. I limply raised my arm and waved back.

 

As I watched their retreating back, there was a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach. This is becoming ridiculous. I know I don’t have the right to feel this way but…I hate seeing Jiro with another girl.

 

***

 

Dara stepped outside her house and looked at the night sky while hugging herself. He didn’t come. He must be with Riko. She sighed heavily and decided to have a walk.

 

Her feet took her to the neighborhood playground. She sat on the swing and lazily rocked herself while pondering over things. Admittedly, she’s becoming greedy of Jiro’s attention. Ever since she realized she’s developing a crush on him, everything he does becomes magnified in her eyes. And now that a new girl is in the picture, she can’t help but feel restless. It’s that stupid Namee’s fault! She’s inserting useless things inside her brain!

 

Dara gingerly kicked a rock and exhaled audibly. Suddenly, someone took a seat on the next swing, startling her. She lifted her gaze and when she saw that it was Jiro, a smile immediately formed on her lips. “You came!” She exclaimed, but got no response from him as expected.

 

It’s amazing how she was uneasy a while ago but now that Jiro is near him, her anxious feeling ebbed away. They both sat in silence, rocking the swing leisurely while enjoying the night breeze.             

 

“So…uhm…” Dara tentatively looked at Jiro and immediately averted her gaze. How does she ask him about Riko without being obvious that her brain is about to explode whenever that girl is near him? “Uhm…so, Riko huh? She’s…nice.” Okay, that sounded super pathetic. Dara chewed on her lips and gathered her thoughts again. “How did you know Riko?” She asked.

 

Jiro glanced at her momentarily before shifting his gaze forward again, steadily rocking his swing. “She helped the Black Dragons.”

 

Dara waited for him to explain but the explanation never came. She casted her eyes on the ground and pouted. She wanted to hear more. She wanted to know why she seemed to be close to Jiro and why she kissed him. Is Riko someone special? Not that she has any say about that although it will definitely tear her heart into a million tiny effing pieces and will make her listen to mushy love songs while hugging her knees, curved in a ball of misery. *Sigh*

 

 “Why?” Jiro suddenly asked.

 

“Huh?

 

“You’ve been sighing since earlier. Is something bothering you?” He asked. Suddenly, as if remembering something, his eyes squinted into tiny slits and he abruptly stood up in front of her, holding the ropes of her swing to stop it. “Did something happen while I was away? Did some thugs cross you again? Damn it, I told you not to roam around alone!” His chest heaved up and down while staring at her, waiting for her reply.

 

Dara looked up at him quizzically and before she knew it, her lips curved in a smile. He’s worried. Whatever the reason is, the fact that he’s worried for her warms her heart. “Nothing happened, silly”, she said and frowned when her eyes caught sight of a wound on his hand. “You’re hurt! I told you not to fight with those guys at the back gate”, she said and pulled a band aid from her pocket that she always carry around. She grabbed his hand but he immediately pulled it away.

 

“It’s nothing. And I can’t just let it slide after what they did to you”, he muttered.

 

“I told you nothing happened. Bullet saved me”, she said and grabbed his hand again, carefully placing the band aid on his wound.

 

“How the hell did you and Bullet get so close? Is he hitting on you, Ramirez?”

 

“He’s my classmate in one of my subjects. No, he’s no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter