Chapter 34

A Nerd Meets Kingka

IU came out of her house and walked to the stairs, TOP followed suit. 

They reached a playground, IU and TOP sat in silent on a swing. TOP's heart was pounding in curiosity. His mind was flying all around the place. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOP's POV

What the hell does she wants? What did I do? Who is she? Why am I being dragged into such thing?

I'm just here to check on Seoyeon. I did nothing wrong!

OH!? What if she thought I did something to Seoyeon? Is she gonna hit me??! Is she a black belt in taekwondo or some s?!! Wha-

 

My trains of thoughts was interrupted by the familiar stranger's voice.

 

IU : Seoyeon has told me about how you have helped her.


TOP : Umm... I guess so. 


IU stood up straight abruptly, causing TOP to skip a beat in shock. She turned toward him and swiftly bow deeply. The baffled TOP just sat still on his swing with his arms unconciously up on his chest protectively and had his right eyebrow raised suspiciously.

 

IU : Kamsahamnida!!

 

What the is wrong with this kid?!

 

TOP : hmm.. ahem.. You're welcome... bu-but, why?

 

IU sat back down on her swing and gently pushed herself with her toes, swinging back and forth.

 

IU : For helping Seoyeon. Seoyeon doesn't have any friends and is very shy and a complete pushover. Defending and being with her in school is a great help for her, especially since she is always the prime target for bullying in the school.

 

TOP : That...That's nothing much at all.

 

IU : It is a lot for her. Hardly anyone had stood up for her before in high school and her family is just....... Anyway, she is really grateful of you for doing that even though she thinks that you probably don't really want to do so.

 

TOP : May I ask a question? Why doesn't she have any friends in the school at all?

 

IU : Well... Back in elementary school, she does have like 3 friends with her, they were together for every single day. But in their final year, her friends just suddenly ditched her and backstabbed her. They ended up teasing her and pushing everybody away from her, stopping anybody from being friends with her and inviting people to bully her as well. After finally graduating, Seoyeon thought that she could finally have a fresh start and meet new friends to be with. Unfortunately, one of the 3 es enrolled in the same school as her. She continued to about Seoyeon amongst the schoolmates. Soon after, most people don't want to be friends with Seoyeon while the other are just too afraid to be associated from her and be a loner.

 

Woah, that's just , man. Seoyeon doesn't seem to be a bad person, but yet she is being pushed away like that. 

Who the is that ?! How could she do this to my Seoye- I mean Seoyeon! How could she do that to Seoyeon.

 

But it's kinda nice to know more about Seoyeon. I mean since, you know... I am helping her. OF COURSE I need to know more about who I am helping.

 

TOP : Then why would you be friends with her.

 

IU : -smiled slightly- Actually I didnt expect it at all. I have heard of Seoyeon and seen her in elementary school before but I really never gave a about it because I doubt I will even be 1 metre distance close to her anyways. It all just happens when I was in the school library, trying to figure out a mathematical question for awhile. Out of blue, a light tap on my shoulder disturbed my concentration. I looked up and saw Seoyeon sitting right in front of me, staring at me. She asked me if I needed help for that question. I figured, why not? The faster I solve this question, the faster I can move on. She then teach me the question. She is super smart. From then on, we would always be in the libray at the same time and she helps me to clear all of my doubts. I realised how she is not a bad person at all, started to be friends with her.

 

TOP : Ohh... 

 

IU : What about you? Why did you help her?

 

TOP : I.... I don't know. I guess.. I just felt like doing so.

 

Really though, why do I help her? Is it because I have seen her face without those glasses? Or because I have seen her relationship with her father...

Or I.....

 

IU suddenly stopped her swing and stood up. She lowered her head and looked at me.

 

IU : Whatever it is, I hope that you will keep being with her until the end of her high school life, even if you are not willing to. Thank you.

 

She gave me a smile, squishing her round eyes into a moon shape and revealing her sparkling white teeth as her strands of hair brush against her face due to the wind. She walked away from me before I could say anything else. I stared at her petite, disappearing figure and smiled gently.

 

Seoyeon found a great friend to forever be with.

.... A bit vuglar though but that's cool...

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

... I think I couldn't say any more sorry to repent the time I didn't update this..

Well... I just ended my O level examination like a month ago.. so, I have been studying as hard as I could. 

So sorry for not updating.. 

I am having a rough time trying to figure out a more detailed plot of this story but I sort of figured some new ideas out.

I am hoping to finish this story before I start my new school, which is probably in April if I manage to get into the course I want.

So.. *finger crossed* that I will have the determination to fulfill this task! 

 

Thank you for viewing. Feel free to comment and subscribe!