Donghae [Part 2]

Beautiful Imperfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Two weeks had passed since what happened, and Donghae moved on with his life as a high school student. It’d been only two months since school started, but he was already the hot topic of the school.

The school heartthrob Lee Donghae.

He wanted to puke at the title, but he kept quiet. His plan to keep a low profile in high school had to be forgotten for now. That aside, God knows how he felt like burning the whole building down everytime he saw Minho, but what else he could do? He didn’t want to go back to his old life. He promised himself to change.

Minho acted like they hadn’t met before, which was probably a good thing. Because he was sure he’d beat Minho to death if he were to open up his mouth.

Donghae was still thinking about Lee Hyukjae whom he met during the rainy day, but it was like imagining someone who doesn’t exist. He even began to doubt himself, and wondered if what happened on that day was only in his mind. 

That was until one fateful day, when he saw a familiar small figure with shoulder length hair and thick glasses sitting alone at the school cafe. He felt like his heart stopped for a second when the boy took off his glasses for a short moment before putting it on again, because there he was, the boy he’d been desperately searching for.

His life saviour.

“Lee Hyukjae,” Donghae whispered.

He’d have approached the latter right there and then, but he knew he’d scare the out of him. He noticed how afraid Hyukjae looked every single time people come near him, as if they were some kind of monsters. He didn’t get bullied though, much to his relief.

Because if there was anyone who dared to touch Hyukjae, Donghae would kill him. For real.

“Is he always alone?” Donghae asked Jinhun, one of his friends one day, his eyes never left Hyukjae who was sitting at his usual place, isolating himself from other students.

Jinhun raised an eyebrow, looking slightly amused at his friend’s strange question. “Are you interested in him or something?”

“I’m curious.”

“I don’t really know, but yeah, he’s always alone. He’s a geek dude, what do you expect?”

Donghae didn’t say anything after that. He’d been watching Hyukjae since then, but only from afar. He rarely saw the latter’s smile though, and he was itching to walk up to him and put a smile on that face. He could make anyone kneel for him, girls were more than willing to get his attention, but with Hyukjae, it was different.

It was like he was trying to shut himself out from the outside world. And Donghae hated it. He wanted to hear that soothing voice again. He wanted to see his sparkling eyes looking at him, he wanted to have that beautiful smile all to himself.

Because he hated it so much that everytime Hyukjae looked at Yunho, the new idol who attended their high school, his eyes dilated, and his face brightened up. He’d already hated Yunho’s cocky , and this just made him feel like kicking the smug smirk on his face.

And then it happened. He was there when Hyukjae confessed his admiration to Yunho, and he stopped to listen. He wouldn’t even bother if it was anyone else, but this was Hyukjae. The nerd who never mingled with other students.

“Can you please be my dancing teacher? I would like to be a dancer like you.” He heard Hyukjae said.

This wasn’t going to end well, he knew it. Yunho was one hell of an arrogant bastard who think he owns the world because he’d become an idol.

“Do you really think an ugly piece of like you could be a dancer like me? Dream on, geek.”

Donghae had to walk away at the time, because if he stayed there, he knew he’d kill Yunho. He wanted to pull Hyukjae out of there so badly, but he held back. He had to remember what he promised himself. Keep a low profile.

“Hey Donghae, want to have lunch together?” A group of cheerleaders suddenly surrounded him right after he left, each of them was trying hard to get his attention.

Yeah, low profile my , Donghae mentally cursed.

*****

 

“Jung Yunho you crazy bastard!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter