Love at First Sight

Pregnant at 18

 

You glanced over to your husband who was sitting next to you. L's blood boiled at the both of the sitting together on the other side of the table giggling. 
 
"I'm Kwon Hyun Ju." The man introduced himself. He was a man who opened his own corporation. He was just your L's mother, always so lonely and always treated the people around him like a piece junk. Mr. Kwon poured tea into your cups and motioned you to drink. You bowed and drank it. 
 
You also giving glances over to Minsoo every few mintues or so. He acting really strange, he was a wild little boy but right now he was very quiet and kept glaring at his grandmother. Was he bored? 
 
You reached into your purse and took out the Ipad for Minsoo. "Minsoo-ah. you want to play?" You handed the Ipad over and he took it. 
 
"I'll be at the restroom." L's mother smiled and left the table. L watched his mother walked into the washroom  then finally spoke out. 
 
"Where is my Umma?" He glared at Mr. Kwon. The lady who just excused herself to the washroom wasn't acting like L's mother at all. Mr. Kwon's smile disappeared. 
 
"Y-your mother went to the washroom." His eyebrows pinched slightly, little bit confused. "Why is my mom acting like that?" L curiously asked him. 
 
"Yeah, She has never smiled before.." You budded in. Mr. Kwon paused and then explained why. 
 
"Before I met your mother, I was just like her. I didn't know the meaning of love and happiness. Back then, I thought I lost everything. My house was on fire and my family was in there. I blamed myself for not being there for them why they needed me." He looked down with shame. You felt sorry for Mr. Kwon. You couldn't imagine how you'd be if it was Minsoo and L that was in that house. 
 
"So then what does that have to do with my mom?" L leaned slightly foreward. "Your mother loves you, Myungsoo. The only reason why she acts so cold to you after all these years is because you remind her of your father. You may think that she is that cold, heartless selfish woman who cares only from herself. But she is really not that person. She told me how your father had died from a car accident, am I right?" Mr. Kwon drank his tea. 
 
You and L sat there carefully listened to Mr. Kwon. L nodded. 
 
"That wasn't true. Your father used her and eventually married her just for the money. That is why she didn't treat you as a son." 
 
*I thought Appa was a good person..* L lowered his head and his fingers closed together and tightened. His knuckles turned white. You noticed and placed your hand on top of his fist. You haven't seen this side of L ever since Minsoo was born. That was becasue he has only showed that side when he sees his mother. 
 
L softened and turned his gaze to you. He was lucky to have you there. He let out a sigh in disbelief and  turned to Mr. Kwon, L's temper disappeard, he now knew the reason why L's mom gave L a rough past. 
 
"So then how did you change my mom?" L asked. "Do you guys believe in love at first." His lips formed a curve. L paused and looked at you. You both smiled at each other. "I do." L admitted. 
 
"I understand now, Love changed her. Fate brought you both together!" You hope that you weren't wrong. "Correct!" He chuckled. You slowly nodded. You looked at L, the expression on his face was soft and gentle now compared to before he knew the answer. Surprisingly, L wasn't disapproving the fact that Mr. Kwon was filling in that spot of his father. He was happy that Mr. Kwon changed his mom. If it weren't for him. His mom would still be a mess and would now be scaring Minsoo. 
 
"Mr. Kwon.." L called for his attention. "Please. call me Hyun Ju." L continued. "Hyun Ju-shi? Thank you. Thank you for opening my mom to the world. If it weren't for you, she wouldn't be able to leave this world being happy, so thank you." L stood up and personally bowed to him. Hyun ju got up. "Ani. Gwenchana." You smiled to see that L was okay, everything okay now. 
 
L's mom came back. "Myungsoo, why are you standing up? The food is here." She nodded to the food that the waitress was setting on the table. L instantly hugged his mother. His mom's eyes widened at the sudden action. She actually didn't know that L would ever do that to her. This was the first time in a long time. L had hugged her. 
 
L pulled away, "Myungsoo-ah.." She whispered and placed a hand on L's cheek. "Umma is very sorry." She said with teary eyes. L's eyes were starting to get teary as well. 
 
*Awww,* You smiled at the both of them. It was so cute to see the mother and son moment. 
 
The meal went well with giggles and talks. But Minsoo remained quiet. Even L's mother tried to talk with him but he would dare speak out. 
 
You, L and Minsoo said your goodbyes to Mr. Kwon and L's mother and went back home. It was getting late and Minsoo had school tomorrow. 
 
You brought Minsoo to his room and helped him change into his pajammas. You promised him that you'd read him a story after you went to go change into pajammas and got ready for bed too. L had work tomorrow and he needed to get ready. He was in his office arranging his papers. 
 
You went into Minsoo's room and softened when you saw that Minsoo was fixing his blanket and waiting for you. "Minsoo, you ready for bed?" 
 
"Yeah!" He beamed and went under his blanket and laid down. You sat down with the storybook he picked out. You opened it and then stopped. You closed it. "Before we get started, Can you tell me why you were so quiet at dinner?" You asked leaning in. 
 
"I didn't want to be a pig!" He frowned. You chuckled at his cuteness. "Where did you hear that from, huh?" 
 
"Appa told me that If I'm bad, Grandmother is a witch and she will turn me into a piggy!" He pouted and covered his mouth in the blanket. You shook your head. *That Myungsoo..*
 
"Your Grandmother isn't a witch and she doesn't have powers to turn you into a pig, Minsoo. Your Appa was just playing around with you." You tapped your finger on his nose. "Really?" 
 
"Really!" You softened and nodded. "I was really scared today, Umma." You fixed his bangs. "Don't be, Appa and Umma is here." You kissed his forehead and opened the story. "Let's get reading." 
 
L soon was finished with his paper work and stopped at Minsoo's room. He leaned against the door and saw you kissing him and tucking him and before walking out. You turned around and noticed him. You turned the light and closed the door. 
 
"Why did you scare your son?" You whispered and he followed you to the bedroom so that you two wouldn't wake Minsoo up. 
 
"What are you talking about?" He raised an eyebrow. "You told him that your mom is going to turn him into a pig?" You fixed the the blanket of the bed. 
 
"Ohh!" He grinned, "I didn't know, he was scared, I just thought that he'd behave so that Umma wouldn't yell at him." He followed you around. 
 
"You need to apologise around him, araso!" You told him then he took your wrist and spun you around. "Araso." He whispered and gazed into your eyes. His eyes instantly shifted your kissable lips. He couldn't resist and kissed you. His deepened the kiss and held you tight in his arms as they were encircled around your waist. 
 
*I'm so happy, I could have a wife like you, Wherever you go, I'll be there. I love you Kim ~~~~~~*  

_______

OMFG! I can't believe this story got featured. Thank you so much everybody for reading my story. 
I never expected this to happen cause I thought my story wasn't good enough. 
I really can't explain how happy I am.
&& I always read your comments, never fails to make me smile. :) 
THANK YOU SO MUCH <33333 ! (': 
 
I hope you'll support more of my stories in the future ~ 
 
please support my next story ~ :D