Chapter 1

Ghosts and Angels.

As usual, I came home quite late, due to my training.

I opened the door and I headed to my room, throwing myself on my bed. I was exhausted, and I couldn't keep my eyes open; so in less than 5 minutes i fell asleep.

One hour later, a strange noise woke me up.

I sat on the bed and looked around me.

At first, I saw nothing, but then I realized there was someone in the room.

Standing near the window, a boy was looking at me. I wasn't able to see his face clearly, but I was sure he was staring at me.

I froze as I saw him moving, and came closer to the bed. Now I could see him; he was quite tall, he had dark eyes and dark hair, and he had a strange smirk on his face while he kept walking towards me; for a moment I thought about screaming. But it wasn't the best move. He could have hurt me somehow if I had done that. So I just stayed there hoping that it was just a dream.

The boy stopped walking when he reached my bed, and his smile became bigger and scarier.

“Hi...Zitao.” he said.

I widened my eyes as I heard him calling my name. How did he know it?

Sure, it must be a dream...it's not possible ...” I thought, and I tried to wake me up.

But it all seemed so real. The boy kept looking at me and then he spoke again.

“You're not dreaming... stop trying to wake you up...” he said.

I didn't understand. Who was he? And why was he there?

“Who are you?” I asked him.

He seemed disappointed hearing my question.

Don't you recognize me?” he said, tilting his head.

“How can I recognize you if I don't know who you are?” i replied.

“Oh yes, you do. Well...you've never paid attention to me, but … you forgot me quite easily, don't you?”

 

I was really confused. All I could do was look at him without moving. I was too shocked.

I was trying to figure out who he was, if i had ever seen him somewhere...but nothing came on my mind.

“I'm sorry, but I really don't know...”

“Yes, you do know me.” He interrupted me. “Well... it seems like you can't remember anything, right? So...I'll tell you something to help you.

We attended the same school, but we weren't in the same class, because I'm older than you. I was trying to be your friend, but then I went too far. I told you something...and everything was over.” he stopped talking, and he stared at the floor.

Something was making his way into my mind, my memories of school time were slowly coming back, but I needed to know more.

“What...what did you tell me?” Now I was curious.

He raised his eyes, and looked at me.

...I told you I was in love with you.”

 

Hearing those words, everything came clear.

Now I remembered, and I know who he was.

“Luhan!” I said, raising a bit too much my voice.

He nodded slowly. “You remember now... I'm glad you didn't erase me completely from your mind..” he said, smiling slightly.

“I'm sorry for not reconizing you... It's just that... It has been a long time since I last saw you and... you know...” I started apologizing, when suddently a question – that was supposed to be obvious- came to my mind.

“Wait... How did you get here??” I asked him.

“Well...I don't know how you want to call me but... Normal people would say I'm a ghost.” he said, smiling.

“A...ghost?? So... Did you die??” I asked him, widening my eyes in shock.

Luhan sighed and then started talking.

“When I told you I was in love with you and you refused my feelings, I started being depressed. I didn't want to eat anymore, I didn't want to go out anymore...and I didn't want to live anymore. So, I decided to put an end to my life. Maybe I made a mistake, but I couldn't live like that. You refused me without even knowing me. Ok, I could have waited a little longer before telling you, but you didn't even think about it. You could have at least pretended to think about it. Instead, you preferred being direct with me, without thinking that you were making me suffer. And that's the result.” Luhan said with a soft voice.

While he was talking, without even realizing it, I started crying.

It was my fault. He died because of me. If I hadn't been so direct, he wouldn't have killed himself, he would have been still alive.

I didn' know what to say. I couldn't stop my tears from coming out, and I couldn't even apoligize. It was too late. I never thought he loved me so much to kill himself. I thought it was just a crush, I never wanted this to happen.

 

I fell asleep while crying, and when I woke up the next morning, Luhan wasn't there anymore.

But since that night, he started following me everywhere. At home, at school, in the street, at the gym...everywhere. He always stood in front of me, and when I wanted to talk to him, he disappeared.

I couldn't handle this anymore. I was going crazy .

 

That day, I decided to put an end to this.

I went to the kitchen, and grabbed a knife. I took a deep breath, and then, without thinking twice, I cut my wrist. I closed my eyes, waiting for death to come and take my away.

I didn't feel anything. No fear, no pain, just a feeling of warmth that made me feel numb.

I felt the blood running down my hand and I could almost hear it dripping on the floor.

I opened my eyes again, and I saw the ghost standing in front of me, smiling. I wantend to talk to him, but I couldn't.

Slowly, my sight blurred, and everything went black.

 

 

 

******

 

The sound of the alarm woke me up.

I was covered in sweat and I was panting. I looked around me. No ghost, no blood, no knives.

I tried to calm down.

It was just a dream.

But that dream helped me. The day before Luhan told me he was in love with me, and I told him I had to think about it, it was something important. I didn't know what to do; I liked him, but I didn't expect him to confess. So, I was a bit confused.

Luckily, I had that strange and terrible dream, and I knew exactly what i was going to do.

 

I threw myself out of the bed, I got dressed, and without even having breakfast I left home and ran to school. I got there early, and I found Luhan sitting on a bench in the school garden.

I joined him with a simle. He smiled back and greeted me.

“Luhan... I thought about what you told me yesterday and...” I said.

“..And..?” He asked.

“And... I want you to know that I love you too and...” I coulnd't finish my sentence, because Luhan took my face in his hand and kissed me.

It was a sweet kiss, the sweetest kiss I had ever received.

The kiss of an angel.