Cheapter 1

My Dear Friend

Ricky POV

 

 I get out of the bus and take my luggage “Ah~” Wow it’s really nice here. This is my first time visiting America…actually also my first time that I travel! I take a little picture out of my pocket and smile. “Don’t worry! I’ll find you~”, I put the picture back into my pocket and start walking. Omo it’s so crowded here. I never have seen so many people in one place. On the countryside are barely people and everything is really peaceful. I look at my map and follow the red colored path my mum drew in. I’m so thankful to here that she helped me to get his new address and that she accepted my decision to sign in the same school like him. I stop in front of a big school. And when I say big then I mean it. It’s SUPER huge! This is nothing compared to place I learned all this years. I take a deep breath and take step by step until I reach the principal office. Should I go in?!...Okay Changhyun fighting~…I step into the room and close the door. “Hello~” ~45 Minutes later~ I step out of the office and sigh. Aish! Who would have known that the principal is a really talkative person!! But thanks to him I know now where I can find him. I take my bag and start to search for the practice rooms. So he’s sill dancing! As I thought. I stand in front of the door…Why am I so nervous now?! Maybe I’m scared…what is if he forgot me…or if he doesn’t want to be my friend anymore…huh…I slowly open the door a crack wide and see three people dancing. And…O//O OMO!! I clearly can tell who he is. And the butterflies in my stomach come back and my cheeks start to burn. He got a lot taller. He’s probably a lot taller than me. His chubby cheeks are also gone and he got so muscular. He changed but somehow he’s still the same. If will he also recognize me?!...I missed him a lot. My legs start trembling and the sound of my heartbeat is like an echo in my head. All the memories of the past years come back and the tears well up in my eyes. I clearly can remember the day he came into the orphanage.

 ~~~

God POV

 

 It’s already 6 PM that means it’s time to eat! All of the children who live in the orphanage sit in the big dining room until their “mum” comes in with a new boy. “Attention please!”, means their mum and claps with her hands. Immediately everything is silent and the attention lays on the boy. “This is Choi Jonghyun! He’s 10 and now a new member of our family! SO be nice to him!! Understood?!”, asks the lady and everyone nods. “You’re not my family and I also don’t need a new one!”, means the boy coldly and sits himself at one of the tables not knowing that a little boy with big eyes on the other side eyes him interested. “Well~ Then you can start eating now!~”, means the lady with a smile and leaves the room before the kids start to eat happily. Because today is Pancake Day! Everything is peaceful until three of the kids walk over to the new one. “Yah you!”, means one of them, probably the leader but he’s getting no attention from the opposite. “I’m talking to you!”, means the kid and pushes Jonghyun from his chair. Because of shock he tried to hold himself onto the table but only takes his pancakes down with him. The kids start laughing except for one of them that stars angrily and with pouty lips at the mini gang. “Ngh! YAH you stupid jerk!”, means Jonghyun angrily stands up and holds the boy by his collar. But before anything else can happen the lady comes back. “HEY! What are you doing there!?”, she shouts and Jonghyun let go of the boys collar. She walks over to them and looks really angry. “Tell me what you were doing!”, she speaks but gets no answer. “Okay fine! Go to your room! Right now and think about what you just did!”, she commands before Jonghyun walks angrily in his room. “Tshh~ Causing trouble right away as a newcomer!”, means the boy with a smirk. “And you CAP!! You also go to your room now!” “What?!”, asks CAP unbelieving. “You heard me right! I know that you’re not innocent and now go!” “Aish!”, means CAP annoyed before he also walks into his room.

For a short while came the silence back until the tiny boy which eyed Jonghyun stands up. “Noona~ I finished can I go to my room too?!”, he asks cutely. “Already?! Fine you can go!~ But please stop calling me Noona Changhyunie~”, she smiles. “Okay…Good night~”, he waves before he also leaves the dining room. But instead of go to his room he searches for Jonghyuns room. As he’s in front of the door and holds the knob he starts to worry. “Omo…w-why am I so nervous right now?!”, he asks himself and bits softly his lower lip. “Maybe because I’m scared that he won’t like me?!...Changhyun fighting~!”, he slowly opens the door and peeks his head into the room. “Who are you?”, he hears somebody asking him. “W-well…”, he stutters before he steps into the room and smiles. “I’m Changhyun~”, “And what do you want from me?!”, asks Changhyun coldly while he sits on his bed and shivers run over Changhyuns back. “W-well…I saw what happened and I know that it wasn’t your fault so I thought you might be hungry!”, he answer and pulls something out of his back and places it on the tiny table. He unpacks it and smiles. “Here~ I saved my pancakes for you!”, he means happily. “I don’t want to eat that crap!”, answers Jonghyun and turns his back to Changhyun. His facial expression drops for a second before he smiles again. “She didn’t mean to be mean to you! It’s just that we’re nearly poor! We don’t have so much money or food so she treasures the food! Especially today because today is the day where we can ask for the food we really want to eat!”, tells Changhyun. “It was my wish to eat pancakes! ^w^ I really love them!!...Mianhae!”, grind Changhyun. “Then why are you giving them to me?!”, asks Jonghyun. “Because I know that you’re hungry!”, answer Changhyun as his own stomach cries for food. “Looks like you’re also hungry!”, means Jonghyun and stands up before he sits himself next to the tiny boy. “N-Ne! >//>”, answers Changhyun shy and lays his hands onto his stomach. “Here!”, means Jonghyun and feeds Changhyun a piece of pancake before he also starts eating. At first Changhyun blushes because of Jonghyuns sudden movement but smiles widely as he starts to eat too. “Tell me! Why are you so friendly to me?! You don’t know me!”, asks Jonghyun. “Because I want you to feel good here! I want that for everybody that comes to the orphanage. That’s what I try to do all my life!” “All your life?!” “Ne~ I’m in the orphanage since I was a baby! Strangers found me next to the street and brought me here! I don’t know who my parents are and if they are alive or dead! I also don’t know why they gave me away…but I’m happy that I’m alive! The orphanage is my home now and Noona is like my real mum!”, smiles Changhyun sadly. “I-I’m sorry!”, mumbles Jonghyun! “You don’t have to…But why are you here!?”, asks Changhyun carefully.

“I-I…m-my …parents and…and I were….and then…the car…”, stutters Jonghyun before tears begin to roll down his cheeks. “Oh! It’s alright!”, means Changhyun and pulls Jonghyun closer so that his head can rest against his shoulder. Suddenly Jonghyun starts to cry! He cries out his sorrow! All this time Changhyun his hair and tells his nice and cute word to calm him down. After some time he really calms down and pushes himself back into a sitting position. “M-Mianhae!” “It’s alright! That’s what friends are supposed to do right?!”, smiles Changhyun. “Friends?!”, asks Jonghyun with an raised eyebrow and messy hair while the stains from the tears are still visible on his face. “Ne~ I want to be your friend! Can I!?”, asks Changhyun and tilts his head to the side. “Huh! Yes you can!”, answer Jonghyun after some time with a smile. “Really?! Thank you!”, smiles Changhyun and hugs Jonghyun. “Ngh~…Okay okay~” “So we’re friends?!...Promise me!”, means Changhyun suddenly. “W-what?”, asks Jonghyun. “That we’re friends! And that we’ll be forever friends!”, pouts Changhyun and holds his pinkie finger up. Now a bigger smile grows on Jonghyuns lips and he tousles Changhyuns hair before he hooks his pinkie finger with Changhyuns. “Promise!” ~3 years later~ It had been 3 years since Jonghyun came into the orphanage and he and Changhyun became friends. They are now young teenagers and best friends. But since the last few days Changhyun is different. He always looks so down. “Yah Chanie~”, means Jonghyun suddenly and Changhyun turns around. “Jongie?!” “I knew you would be at the rooftop!”, smiles Jonghyun and sits next to Changhyun. “N-Ne~”, smiles Changhyun slightly. … “What’s wrong?!”, asks Jonghyun worried. “N-nothing!”, means Changhyun with a fake smile.

“YAH hyung!! Don’t lie to me! We’re best friends and you can’t lie to me!! I know you!! So tell me!”, means Jonghyun serious. “I-I’m…scared!”, means Changhyun quietly. “What? Why?!” “In the last two weeks were so many of us adopted. … I’m scared that they’ll take you away from me.”, answers Changhyun truthfully and the tears start to roll over his pretty face. “Hey~ shhh~”, means Jonghyun softly and brushes the tears with his away. “Don’t worry! I won’t go! Even if somebody tries to adopt me I won’t go!”, comforts Jonghyun the tiny boy. “Really?!”, asks Changhyun with big puppy eyes. “Really!! And now I have a surprise for you~”, smiles Jonghyun. “S-surprise?! What is it?!”, asks Changhyun curiously. “Close your eyes and open your mouth!” “E-eh?! W-why?!” “Just do it~ Trust me~ You’ll love it!” “Okay!”, Changhyun closes his eyes and opens his mouth while he waits patiently for what will happen. >>So cute~<<, thinks Jonghyun before he unwraps the pancakes he made and places a piece in Changhyuns mouth. He knew that pancakes can make Changhyun the happiest person in this world. He closes his mouth and starts eating until a big smile appear on his lips. He opens his eyes and shines like the sun. “It’s super delicious!” !Haha~ Thanks I made them by myself~” “Wow~” “Oh~ You have some on the side of your mouth!”, points Jonghyun. “OH!? Where?! Here?!”, asks Changhyun while he tries to wipe it away. “Wait~ wait~ let me do it!”, smiles Jonghyun and takes Changhyuns face into his hands while he wipes the little leftover from the corner of Changhyuns mouth away. “So now it’s away!”, means Jonghyun lovingly and both star into each other’s eyes. “J-jongie w-we…I-…try something?!”, asks Changhyun shyly and has tint of pink on his cheeks. “I know…I know!”, and with this lays Jonghyun his lips onto Changhyuns. The kiss is soft and sweet without and force and only filled with love. Both break the kiss after a few seconds. “Thank you!~”, whispers Changhyun. “For what?!”, asks Jonghyun confused. “That I had my first kiss with a person I really care about!”, answer Changhyun and hugs Jonghyun. “We’ll never part right?!” “Right~ I’ll stay forever by your side!” “Promise!”, means Changhyun. “Oh Chaniee~…Promise!”, both hook their pinkie fingers and smile at each other. 2 weeks have passed since they made their promise. Today all of the kids gathered in the hall again because another kid got adopt. Changhyun comes as the last person and sits next to Jonghyun. “Yah Jongie~ I’ve searched for you!~ Why haven’t you waited for me?!”, asks Changhyun but Jonghyun only tilts his head down.

“J-Jongie?! Wha-“, wanted Changhyun ask but got interrupted. “Okay it’s time now to say goodbye to another member from our family. He’ll leave after we’re finished here! Jonghyun congratulation!”, means the lady and everybody claps and shouts except of Changhyun which smile disappears and tears start to form in his eyes. He turns around and looks at Jonghyun. “J-Jongie?! T-That’s a mistake right?! S-she said the wrong name…r-right!!”, tries Changhyun to comfort himself and smile but he knows the truth as he looks into Jonghyuns eyes which ware filled with guilt and pain! “N-no!”, sniffs Changhyun. “Chanie~ I’m so sorry but I can’t do anything against the decision! I tried my best really!”, he tries to wipe Changhyuns tears away but he backs away. “No! You promised…You promised me!”, shouts Changhyun and stands up. “You’re a liar!!”, cries Changhyun as suddenly Jonghyuns new parents step into the hall. “Hello” We would like to go now!”, means the man. “Are they the people who wants to take him away?!”, asks Changhyun panic. “Changhyunie~”, tries the lady to comfort him. “No!!”, he runs to the pair and holds the hand of the men. “You can’t do that!! Please! He’s important to me!! Please!!”, shouts Changhyun as the Noona pulls him away and holds him with all her strength. “NOOO!!”, shouts Changhyun. “God!! Jonghyun go!”, shouts the Noona. “But-“ “NOW!! You’ll hurt him even more with every minute you stay!”, shouts the Noona again. “…Forgive me Chanie!”, means Jonghyun as tears run down his cheeks and he leaves the hall with his new parents. “NO!! JONGHYUN!! DON’T LEAVE ME!!”, shouts Changhyun as he hears the sound of a car. He gathers all his strength and frees himself and runs outside. “AH Changhyun don’t!”, shouts the Noona but he’s not listening. As he reaches the outside he sees the car how it drives in the direction of the gates. Immediately runs Changhyun after the car. “Jongie! JONGIE!!”, shouts Changhyun. Jonghyun who heard him let the window down and sees his best friend. “CHANIE! FORGIVE ME!!”, shouts Jonghyun back. “Please don’t forget me!” “I will never forget you! I could never!!” “Then we’ll be always best friends right?!” “Right!!” “Jongie…Where do you go?!” “America!!!” “I WILL FIND YOU!!”, shouts Changhyun. “I promise you! When I’m 18 I’ll come and find you!” “Arraso!!...I will wait!! Until then take care of my necklace!!”, means Jonghyun and throws it to Changhyun. “I-I will…Promise?!” “Promise!” Both of them hold their pinkie fingers up before the car disappears behind the gates. …. “Jongie…JONGIE I WILL FIND YOU…”, shout Changhyun before he falls onto his knees and cries while he holds the necklace tight in his hands.

~~~

Ricky POV

 On that day I knew that the pain wasn’t because I lost my best friend or brother…No! It was because I lost something more important…my first love. I could never tell him that!...I wipe my tears away and hold onto the necklace. “Jongie~”, I whisper as I suddenly get pushed into the practice room. “Yah Changjo~ I think it’s another love of yours! He’s really cute!”, means the guy who pushes me inside. “Really?!”, he turns around and looks at me with a smile…but it’s not the smile he gave me when we were kids… this one is somehow dark and it kind of looks like a smirk. He walks closer to me and I just can star at him. “What’s your name!?”, he asks as he my cheek. I’m unable to say anything! It’s such a long time since I saw him and now he’s right in front of me. He touches my cheek and I can feel his warmth again. “Hey!! Don’t cry!”, he suddenly means and tries to wipe my tears away. “J-Jongie!”, is the only thing I can say! “What?!” “J-Jongie!!”, I say it a bit louder and he let go of my face and looks shocked. “From where do you kn-…”, he raises his voice but stops as he sees my necklace. “Chanie?!, he asks afraid and I smile. “Y-you…” “Ne…I found you!!” And this time I won’t let you go!! Promise!

^________________________________________________________________________________________________^