Two

The Best Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER TWO

 

 

Tuesday morning I am still a bundle of nerves. Although I’ve met Yunho yesterday which I am so proudly told Tiffany afterwards, I can’t seem to act normally with the possibility of meeting him again. The funny part is Tiffany has been doing some investigations, which quoting her, she is doing it in my favor. Not that I ask her to. She is totally a crazy hussy sometimes.

 

From Tiffany, I know where Yunho stays after he returned. Instead of living in his old home, he rents a house near the docks for a month. Wow! After I learned about this, I feel deflated. How dare him suggesting us to talk when he actually won’t be staying long. Lots of possibilities come to my mind but I can’t seem to figure it out. Not that I want to know. I just hate this uneasy feeling that keep telling me something is wrong. I only hope I don’t have to meet him until Wednesday.

 

Crap! Why did I agree to talk to him in the first place?

 

As I pull over the car, a bustle from across the street catches my attention. Men are busy coming in and out of the building. They seem come from the construction company. Does Yunho want to renovate the building?

 

That’s none of your business Yuri!  The voice inside my head snaps and I look away. Yeah that’s none of my business. He walked away from my life six years ago and I will make sure that there’s no way back.

 

“Hey!”

 

In the way my spin tingles, I know whose voice it is. Reluctantly I stop without turning. I wait till he is standing right behind me before I whirl around with my best poker face. Damn I am so good.

 

“Good morning sweetpea.”

 

Without any warning, he hauls me into his arms and planting a big, loud smooch to my forehead. My head spins around. My rational side tells me to pull away, but my heart demands me to enjoy the moment being inside his strong arms. And Yunho is so damn good in reading my heart because he doesn’t let me go for long moment until a voice beside us force him to pull away. I feel like a stupid doll.

 

“Good morning Ms. Yuri.” One of my students, Minzi, greets me cheerfully.

 

I notice that some of the parents watching us curiously. Great! It just keeps getting better. “Hello sweetie.” I smile down at her. This one is so cute with two ponytails hanging on each side of her head. Her straight bang nearly reaches her big dark eyes. Her hand latches tightly to her mom’s. “Good morning Mrs. Kim.” I smile at her mom politely.

 

She nods briefly before her whole attention focused on the man standing beside me. What.The.Hell? Is that necessary to ignore me blatantly? Even Minzi is now frowning at her mom. I risk a glance at Yunho and find him ignoring the young mother and focusing his attention on Minzi.

 

So, the young mother is jealous. Let see how she will react with this. I put my hand on Yunho’s arm and I am rewarded by a vicious glare. Interesting.

 

“We have to go, right Minzi?” The girl bobs her head up and down. I look up at him. “I look forward till dinner on Wednesday.” I smile sweetly at him as I take the little girl’s hand and walk away, just right after I notice the surprised look on his face. Serves you right!

 

Now he has to handle the poisonous young mother all himself. I can feel Mrs. Kim’s gaze boring a hole on my back. God, the woman is crazy. How could she do that in front of her daughter? I know that Yunho is a walking- God, but still. Does she have no pride at all? And being Yunho, the man doesn’t have the heart to refuse every offer flung at him. It’s no wonder that women throw them self at him.

 

“Ms. Yuri, is Yunho your boyfriend?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter