Seven (Hayoung POV)

Because we're family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok: 12
Joonmyun and Jongdae: 9
Baekhyun: almost 8
Chanyeol: 6
Sehun: almost 5
Hayoung: 3

Hayoung watched her brothers from the corner of the room, her thumb in , a scrap of blanket gripped tightly in her other hand.  Baekhyun had pulled one of the dining room chairs into the living room and was trying to force a scowling Sehun to sit on it. She was only three and a half years old but she could tell that Sehun wasn’t happy about it and she didn’t like that one bit. Sehun was her friend. He always shared his sweets with her, he let her use his colouring pens and never ever told her to go away. Baekhyun on the other hand liked to call her a brat and had stolen a slice of toast from her plate that morning at breakfast.

Baekhyun pushed Sehun rather forcefully down onto the chair and her eyes narrowed. How dare he treat her second favourite oppa that way (her first favourite was Minseok. He read her bedtime stories). She pulled her thumb from with a pop. “I’m telling.” She said quietly.

Baekhyun immediately turned to look at her, his own expression steely. “You go running to mum and I’ll tell her you’re carrying that tatty old blanket around when it’s not bedtime.” He countered.

Hayoung’s eyes only narrowed further. Her blanket was not tatty and old. It was special. It was her number one favourite thing. She’d had it ever since she was a baby, which was a really long time. But she was a big girl now, she even went to nursery school and because she was a big girl Mum made her keep it in her room, for bedtimes only. If he found out she’d snuck in and taken it she’d have to put it back. She didn’t want to risk that. “I don’t like you.” She told Baekhyun with a frown, not happy he’d ruined her plans. “You’re stupid.”

“Yeah well, so’s your face.” He informed her, turning back to Sehun. “Just stay over there and be quiet. I’m not going to do anything bad to him. I’m just going to fix his hair.” And with that he made his away over to the coffee table and picked up the pair of scissors he’d smuggled out of the arts and crafts box earlier that day. Hayoung had noticed him slipping them into the pages of his comic book and had thought about telling Minseok but then Joonmyun had come running in, Jongdae chasing him with lightsabre in hand and as so often happened in their house things had descended into chaos.

 “There's nothing wrong with my hair.” Sehun protested, putting both hands on top of his head to protect it. "I like it like this."

“Me too.” Hayoung said, “Oppa’s hair is pretty and shiny. Like princess hair.”

Sehun immediately dropped his hands. “I’m not a princess!” he retorted, horror-struck, “I’m a boy!”

“So?” Hayoung asked, failing to see why this was relevant. If girls could be whatever they wanted to be, race car drivers or doctors or astronauts, then boys could be whatever they wanted to be too. And princesses were awesome. They lived in castles and got to tell everyone what to do. Those were two of Sehun’s favourite things, he was always saying he wanted to live in a castle and he was always telling people (people being mainly her, Tao and Tao’s little sister Jiejun) what to do. She didn’t get why he seemed so annoyed.

“See, this is exactly why we have to fix it.” Baekhyun said, spotting an opportunity to change Sehun’s mind and taking it. “Do you want people to start thinking you’re a girl?”

Sehun shook his head, his eyes widening.

Hayoung didn’t see what the big deal was. Sehun’s hair was getting a little long it was true but it wasn’t that long. It was curling around his ears and brushing his collar slightly but he hardly looked like Rapunzel. And even if he did she didn’t see why anyone would care. Hair was just hair.

“Yeah, I didn’t think so.” Baekhyun said, clearly sati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter