Confrontations

SCANDAL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~*~

 

"Oh ! What the ?"

 

That scream of genuine shock became an alarming blare that woke me up. My consciousness came back, and so did the uncomfortable sensations in my body. Next, I heard consecutive sounds, and the woman who shouted was probably knocking his knuckles on an immediate wooden surface.

 

Who's making that noise so early in the morning? I wondered, stretching my body. I was surprised at the leeway I had to stretch, as if I'd been curled up so short all this time.

 

Knock. Knock. "Excuse me?" Knock. Knock. "Who the heck are--"

 

Why is my back aching so bad? Ouch. I finally realized why I had so much room to stretch. I was on the ground, and only now did I feel that my back was rested on the wooden closet. Immediately opening my eyes, I became aware of my surroundings. So did the one who woke me up. Just when I opened my eyes and looked up, our eyes met.

 

"What is it? Who is it?" a male's voice asked, the sound faint and increasing, telling me that he was fast approaching the room.

 

By instinct, I got upright, almost feeling the pain on just about every part of my body. My legs and arms have become numbed from being bent and curled for hours. I looked around and saw that I was actually on the wall corner of the small chamber separating the bath and bedroom.

 

The woman who saw me on the ground observed me a long time, and I found myself unable to meet her eyes. She was wearing nothing but a white bathrobe. Something told me she didn't have anything underneath that. Just then, the ajar door on our right fully opened, revealing the man who was just speaking earlier.

 

"Hon, what's wron--" but he stopped halfway too, just like his honey. He looked down to see me poorly rooted on the floor, and he was utterly surprised at my state. He kneeled so quickly beside me, asking, "T-Taeyeon? , are you alright?"

 

Oh crap.

 

The entire picture has finally been drawn to me. Last night. Their fight. My tears. The . God the . It lasted all night. I almost vomited at the memory of the dirtiest interaction I've heard live, and the morning sickness did not help my case. And to see that Jiyong was half- himself, wearing nothing but his boxers, I became all the more sick. I wanted to forget all his grunts, her cries, his animalistic growls, and her helpless screams of ecstasy. I looked down and shook my head, as if that move would make me forget. It was a traumatizing three-hour wait, and I almost went crazy praying for it to end.

 

"What are you doing here? Have you been here all this time? Are you okay? . Let's get you to the hospital," Jiyong endlessly muttered, helping me up from the ground. I was a little thankful that he did, because half my body was still numbed. If he didn't assist me in getting up on my two feet, I would have fallen off.

 

"I'm okay. I'm fine. I'm... I'm not sick," I spoke for the first time, and my voice sounded distant. It was also cracked, worn. Crying for long hours usually did that to my voice. For some reasons, I had been crying the entire time they were making love.

 

"What are you doing on the floor? Did you sleep here? Did you..." he wondered, stopping and stretching that last syllable he spoke, and of course he figured it all out too.

 

I immediately took my body away from his grip, and now that I was upright, I was on the same level as the woman who screamed Jiyong's name multiple times last night. Mizuhara Kiko was standing before me, crossing her arms around her upper body when she saw me looking at her almost-ness. Like any woman would, I read the shame on her face when the truth was finally laid out on all three of us. The truth that I was here the entire time they had a marathon of wild and angry make-up .

 

"Good morning, Kim Taeyeon imnida," I greeted her out of courtesy, bowing slightly. It was the second time we met, and it would be disrespectful not to introduce myself.

 

". You shouldn't have slept on the floor!" Jiyong exclaimed, quickly putting on a plain white shirt that he got from one of the closets that I leaned on to sleep. "Please tell me you took your bedtime supplements."

 

"I'm just... I'm... I'm going back to my room. I'm sorry," I bowed at the two of them again without looking at their faces.

 

Because just a second ago when I looked at them, I couldn't help but rehash their moments last night. Steamy. Passionate. And most of the time, wild. The hairs on my body froze when I recalled the strongest they had. It was... too much. I wasn't a , but I was definitely new to that kind of love-making. How could they talk to each other like that? Treat each other like that? That wasn't making love. That was straight up sinful ing. I shuddered once more at the recollection.

 

"C-can you give me my key card? I think we switched it last night," I told Jiyong, trying to calm myself as I met his eyes. All I could hear in my mind was the way he possessed Kiko and warned her over and over again that she was only his and no one else's.

 

"O-okay," he answered, and I took the initiative to leave that closet that I've been locked in for hours.

 

Finally. Finally, holy moly. I said to myself, feeling the freedom of another place. But then the bed that had been sprawled, the decors that have toppled, the clothes on the floor, they still did not let me escape the very dirty deeds of Kwon Jiyong and Mizuhara Kiko. I turned away from the sight and chose to aim for the door.

 

"Are you feeling anything? Dizziness? Nausea?" Jiyong asked behind me, and I heard him approach. He handed me my key card, and I gave him his. His constant concerns didn't bode that well with me, as it worsened the dirtiness I felt about this whole entire suite. "You should have breakfast! I'm going to order room service for you. And don't forget to take your morning--"

 

"Don't sweat it Jiyong. Why do you care so much? I can manage on my own," I bluntly told him, because I now remembered everything else other than the .

 

The words he said last night were the only ones powerful enough to replace the memories of them ing like gorillas. Finally, it wasn't just Kiko's voice that echoed in my head. Jiyong's words about me last night, now they ruled my memory. From disgust, now I felt angry. Betrayed, even. So I gave him one dark look that lingered, before I turned for the door and left. Just beside his suite was mine. I didn't understand from the beginning why he had to spend so much on two suites. He said he wanted all the best and most comfortable for me, and I felt so moved then. I hated myself for being gullible enough to believe him.

 

"Taeyeon wait up!" he cried out after me, but I hurried my footsteps. I swiped the card as fast as I could, then entered my suite. "Kim Taeyeon wait for me!"

 

I entered the door with the intention of closing it on him, but he was quick enough to stop it from fully shutting close. "Hey, what's going on?"

 

"Go back to your girlfriend," I answered with conviction, pushing the door away from his hand. But he was much too powerful. When I gazed on his face again, I became angrier. "She's probably ready for some morning . That is, if you still have energy left after last night's marathon. I wasn't even a part of it, yet I got exhausted just listening to the two of you."

 

I was surprised I said those words, and I regretted it as soon as I muttered them. Was I that angry, that offended, to actually confront him about it? I was never the type to start confrontations, but I guessed I was so upset that it caused me to he this honest.

 

"That's low, Taeyeon."

 

"Maybe. But you're disgusting," again, I said so honestly. That's when I found all the strength to push the door close, successfully locking him outside.

 

"Open this door! Kim Taeyeon!" he shouted while pounding on the door repeatedly. "Let me explain!"

 

Why am I so angry? Why am I taking things so personally? I couldn't figure myself out. I was just not in the mood to discuss what I saw and heard. And yes, everything was personal. Kwon Jiyong disappointed, disrespected, and betrayed me. Not just last night. Not just because he had . But because he had been doing so from the very beginning. I had been to distressed to have seen it only now.

 

"I'm sorry for what you heard. Please let me at least explain to you," he begged from outside, his voice softer. But since I was just leaning on the door, I still heard and understood his muffled voice crystal clear.

 

What game are you playing Taeyeon? Do you really think showing your anger would do anything? Of course not. Even if I felt betrayed, or deluded, or disrespected, really, what right did I have to feel so? I was not in any position to require of him a better treatment.

 

"Kim Taeyeon open the ing door!" his voice boomed again, followed by another boom of his pounding hands.

 

That's when I decided it was pathetic to play hard to get. I unlocked the door, but did not open it. I headed straight for the living room, where I opened the window shade to welcome the light of the morning. I heard him looming closer, but I chose to look at the view outside instead of him.

 

"I take it you heard everything."

 

"Which part? The part where you said you're just nice to me because of business matters, and that you're only marrying me to save your career? Or maybe the part where you said you don't even care about me? Better yet, the part where you ed your girlfriend all night long?"

 

Control the bitterness, Kim Taeyeon. It's freaking pathetic. But I couldn't.

 

"You're misunderstanding things. I didn't mean those words the way you heard it."

 

"Oh really? It all seems pretty clear to me," I answered back sarcastically, facing him now. Because his excuse worked me up a lot.  How could he mean it any other away? That was a lie.

 

"You're saving G-dragon, Mr. Kwon. You really don't want to help me, or take responsibility of this child. You just want to take measures to ensure you'll get the least amount of damage from all this mess. So you're pretending like you're a Prince Charming who's rescuing me. When in truth, you're just a coward afraid that this pregnancy scandal would ruin your career!"

 

I didn't intend to sound that emotional, but I did. Very emotional. Now he was aware how much I took it all personally. He sighed and wiped his face exasperatedly, and I witnessed how he struggled for the right things to say.

 

"It's good that I'm seeing your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter